Computer Help forum

Question

Bad blur on moving things and when moving camera in a game

by zeck225 / January 3, 2013 7:49 AM PST

hello, i recently started to have this issue and not only in games, at first it was tearing with horizontals lines but it improved by turning sync on in my Nvidia panel, but there is still a bad blur. i switched monitor, it still does that, i bought a new Graphic card (was intended anyway) and it still does it! i really have no clue with it could be, aside that, everything is going perfect, the performance is not affected. did all latest drivers update and etc. what could be it?

LED LG screen 20'
600w power supply
quad-core I7 3770 3.40ghz
GTX660 2GB DDr5
16GB ram ddr5

thank you

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Bad blur on moving things and when moving camera in a game
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Bad blur on moving things and when moving camera in a game
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
(NT) 16gb ram dd3* my bad
by zeck225 / January 3, 2013 8:03 AM PST
Collapse -
Answer
A 20 foot screen?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 3, 2013 8:10 AM PST

Blur is usually a display issue. Nice machine but I'd try other displays. Turning on the sync could help some displays, not all.
Bob

Collapse -
20" screen, sorry
by zeck225 / January 3, 2013 8:22 AM PST
In reply to: A 20 foot screen?

so the issue could be the monitor right? it is weird cause everything was nice until that issue came up out of nowhere, even with another monitor. Could an update had started to cause that? thank you very much for answering.

Collapse -
The only update I see mess such up is
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 3, 2013 8:25 AM PST
In reply to: 20" screen, sorry

If folk install drivers from Windows Update. But they know when they do that since it's far from automatic.

If it is software you use system restore to when it worked.
Bob

Collapse -
sadly it was one of the first things
by zeck225 / January 3, 2013 8:34 AM PST

i did the day the issue started to appear, it didnt worked out. thank you again for your time to answer. after trying a new monitor and graphic card i do wonder what issue could be. ive never heard or read something like that before.

Collapse -
Then the acid test.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 3, 2013 8:48 AM PST

When I wonder if it's OS or drivers I boot up UBUNTU from DVD or USB and see if the issue is there.
Bob

Collapse -
Currently Downloading it
by zeck225 / January 3, 2013 9:00 AM PST
In reply to: Then the acid test.

thats interesting, ill try right away and then ill reply to you after. thx

Collapse -
its still there
by zeck225 / January 3, 2013 9:53 AM PST
In reply to: Then the acid test.

the issue is still there, so what would i guess is a driver issue (ill try the other monitor tomorow ) i guess the solution would be to reformat the pc to its manufacturer state. if its still there, ill use the warranty from the store (tried to avoid that it takes forever to get the pc back). thank you again for everything Bob! ill come back to see if you have left other suggestions.

Collapse -
If Ubuntu shows it, I think it's a hardware issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 3, 2013 10:03 AM PST
In reply to: its still there

It's one of my acid tests to figure where the error is.

Yeah, I hear you about stores.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.