Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

Avoid "Total Internet Solutions"

by JoeBanks1 / August 4, 2011 6:17 AM PDT

After I signed up and paid for one year, they said I needed to pay more, and that if I didn't, they were "not allowed" to release my domain name to another host for one year. In other words, they register domain names and then take the domain hostage for more $$.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Avoid "Total Internet Solutions"
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Avoid "Total Internet Solutions"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Best of luck...
by John.Wilkinson / August 13, 2011 2:56 PM PDT

Experiences often vary, with even the best of hosts receiving their share of unsatisfied customers. Just try to choose wisely, and best of luck in getting your complaint resolved.

Collapse -
by ragae88 / August 8, 2012 6:24 PM PDT
In reply to: Best of luck...

I filed a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. I couldn't believe that all I requested was to RENEW my DOMAIN for another two (2) years and what I was instructed to do was PAY MORE MONEY of $70 for 2 more years of domain registration + PAY ANOTHER $167.28 for another year of PLATINUM service which I already paid for back on 8/8/2011 and I even had a receipt that was emailed to me that stated it expires on 8/8/2013 when I ordered my domain and web hosting together and not to mention I also paid an extra $47.64. When I requested to release my domain I was told I had to pay a fee of a minimum of $70 to release it. Can you imagine? This was the number that I had to call 310-697-8754.

What turns out to be too good to be true is NOT TRUE AT ALL. Total Internet Solutions is FALSE ADVERTISING that they are 24/7 support when they are not. I called their 800 number and all I got was a recording and they never got back until tonight. BUYERS BEWARE: they will charge you a 2nd year for a web hosting that they promised it was free. They said buy 1 year and the 2nd year is free. IT IS NOT AND THEY ARE LYING TO YOU.

Now I am stuck with no domain and forced to recreate another one all because Total Internet Solutions lied to me. What a horrible experience.

Collapse -
Some are actually good
by JohnR2225 / January 21, 2014 6:45 AM PST
In reply to: Best of luck...

I have used aspiration with excellent results.

Collapse -
Snake oil.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / January 21, 2014 6:49 AM PST
In reply to: Some are actually good

Thread is more than 901 days old.

Collapse -
(NT) Closing this old thread.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 21, 2014 7:03 AM PST
In reply to: Snake oil.
Collapse -
by cbalding / June 12, 2012 11:51 AM PDT

So I had a website with the reseller Total Internet Solutions. Do not, I repeat NOT, ever use them. First, they lie about their price. You buy it then they call you and say...."oh, that was for a private domain. If you want people on the internet to be able to access it, you have to buy this more expensive package." Second, they suspended my account and took down my website. I was only getting like 1,000 hits a day and there was nothing offensive or anything like that on it. Won't tell me why they suspended my account. Won't tell me what the problem is. Won't take a phone call. The only email I get from them says "we are aware there is a problem." Lied repeatedly about refunding my money. Won't let me get my files. In short, NEVER NEVER NEVER use Total Internet Solutions.

Collapse -
Total Internet Solutions is one level below Pond Scum
by Daniel_Bent / July 16, 2012 11:32 AM PDT

In addition to bumping the offering price by double once they had me registered, they now holding my sites hostage. They offer a free service called email list on their website which they then use to shut down your site and accuse you of spamming. We've been threatened with Huge fines by them for using this service "once" and trying to email our regular customer base of 2000 clients.... WoW!!! The gall of these guys is amazing.

They are now holding our 16 sites hostage even though only one site was involved in the mailing, and telling us we have to pay a $200.00 fine and $167.00 to set up a new account.

WELL, They'll get paid - WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER!!!

This is very clearly a SCAM site and operates under a very FRAUDULENT and UNETHICAL basis. I'm thinking they must be owned by a new form of the Mob.

I am filing a complaint with the FTC, California Department of Consumer Affairs and InterNIC.net .

I'm also looking for a tech savy class action lawyer in CA to pursue these guys on behalf of all clients - does anyone have any suggestions? Hopefully we can get the principals here barred from web business's for life.

Collapse -
by Ninaflower77 / July 26, 2012 6:04 AM PDT

Have you tried contacting ICANN and making a complaint or contacting Tucows ?

Collapse -
I have the same problem
by javad_chamanara / August 6, 2012 1:15 AM PDT
In reply to: TIS

I have the same problem, last year I bought a host from them and up to now we are just discussing about different things that they do not support.
First I had a joomla web site that was working on iPage and SiteGround but not on their service, and finally they did not accept that is their problem. The problem was some permission settings and they did not do it, also their control panel had no file/ folder permission management.

Then I switched to .NET programming and again there were no support for MVC and they refused to install it while it was just a mater copying some files.

After that I had a need for MS SQL Server 2008 Full Text Search, and you can guess! Although they have not said that they do not support it, but they refused my request.

About two months ago I asked them to release their lock on the domain so that I can transfer the domain, and the answer was that: Pay 35$ and the we release the domain!
After this happening I have asked them to terminate the whole contract and also the domain. They accepted it and told me "backup your files and inform us after that, so that we terminate your account". I did it and told them that please terminate the account. AND after a while I received a bill of 202.xx $, 167.xx$ for hsting and 35.00 $ fro domain renewal !!!!!!!
Now its a week that I am trying to convince them to cancel the account and pay me back but no success!
This is while they claim
A: "100% Sanctification Guarantee" and I am not satisfied even 5%
B: "Price never goes up after registration" and it did go up for my case. I am not sure whether they do not know, they think that we do not understand, or they simply lie

Finally, If you are going to do some actions against them, I would happy to cooperate. meanwhile if somebody knows how to get rid of their service, please mention it here or simply send me letter.

Collapse -
by guard15 / August 9, 2012 2:36 AM PDT

what a night mare , i signed up for the basic account , then they tell me it cant be found in search engines...*** is point of that? then they mae me upgrade......they claim they have 24/365 support but that obvisously BS unless you consider leaving a message that never gets returned, support, then i cancel and they wont refund my money and to top it off i just got another bill that they ran through paypal for 35 $ three months after i canceled....***? even if it was a mistake i originally signed up for anual billing.....MAKE SURE YOU FILE A COMPLAINT ONLINE WITH BBB it takes 3 minutes!

Collapse -
Another Victim of Total Internet Solutions
by Willow81 / August 14, 2012 11:43 PM PDT

Total Internet Solutions is a total scam. I called and inquired about their $3.97 month internet hosting package. I spoke with Robert and he assured me if I signed up and was not happy with the service I could get my money back. This is not internet hosting. No one can see your website. I called back to cancel and Robert told me oh we are a family friendly company. This is for a private website. Who needs a private website. You can just use your desk top. Then Robert stated I needed the Platinum package and now the price jumped to almost $170. I called to get my supposedly FREE domain name and then realized Total Internet Solutions was scamming me. I tried to cancel again. Robert then screamed at me at the top of his lungs "we are here to make money" and hung up on me. He then called back and acted like he was someone else in customer care. The domain name is not free. Total Internet Solutions buys the domain name under their name. YOU DO NOT OWN IT. They do. I called my credit card company and told them to cancel the charges from this scamming company. They would not do it. Instead they opened up a dispute. Of course Total Internet Solutions is keeping my money. I did not even receive any services from them or a domain name. Also there is no such thing as 24 7 365 support. This is a blatant lie. They won't answer their phone. Do not use this company for anything. I think the suggestion of a class action lawsuit is in order. I will gladly participate.

Collapse -
by emmaforsberg / August 15, 2012 6:36 AM PDT

Same experience with the same guy trying to act like a different person on the phone. What a ******. (I posted another TIS thread - the forum reply button wasn't working for me the other day. I added my story on that thread)

Anyway, if you have a domain dispute, send your complaints to Domain Compliance at Tucows. I worked with someone there and I had to provide any receipts or emails I had from TIS. They are the registrar TIS re-sells for. TIS is NOT a registrar and Tucows will make them comply if there is a dispute over a domain you purchased through them or transferred to them. Tucows took the controls to my disputed domains and gave me direct access to them so I could move them to a new host. So if TIS tries to lie to you saying that they no longer have access to the controls to release your domains, they are LYING. TIS may, in the end just masquerade as another company with another resell account on Tucows or some other registrar. I hope posting warnings everywhere will help more people avoid these scammers in their current alias.

Also, please do not forget to file a complaint with the BBB. I did and asked why they have the right to display a BBB A+ rating while they are being dishonest in their practices. They lady at the BBB said that although there ARE other complaints, they still qualify for an A+ rating.

This is wrong - we need everyone to file their complaints to get this rating removed. One of the reasons I signed up with TIS was because I saw that banner ad on their site claiming to be a well rated company. This just goes to show you the BBB can't really be relied on if companies can just buy good ratings. I hope they re-think the A+ rating they are giving these asses.

Best of luck for all of you reading this!

Collapse -
by GISOL-Victim / November 14, 2012 9:54 AM PST
In reply to: Update

You are a victim of a well-planned "fundraiser". For their pockets, that is. Total Internet Solutions cannot be handled alone. They are NOT members of the BBB (and do NOT have the A+ rating they show) There's little that group can do. They are a civic organization and not prepared to deal with this kind of problem. You should still register a complaint so people can see the extent of the problem, but please also go to http://www.report-totalinternetsolutions.com/ so we can all help each other.

Collapse -
The BBB supports Total Internet Solutions Stealing.
by Willow81 / October 6, 2012 11:16 AM PDT

I filed a complaint with the BBB. It is below. If you read Total Internet Solutions response they told them they would give me a pro-rated refund. The BBB closed the complaint as solved. Total Internet Solutions never refunded me a dime. Total Internet Solutions knows if they lie to the BBB that they will just close the complaint. I again called and of course the they screamed at me on the phone and told me there are no refunds.

Complaint Details

Complaint ID: 98712372
Complaint Classification:
Complaint Description - Posted 8/15/2012 10:53:10 AM
Total Internet Solutions has a special running all of the time. The special states you will get a free domain name but you don't. They mislead people by stating they can buy their $3.97 Month package and if you are not satisfied you can cancel and they will refund your money. When you call and try to cancel they then sell you a bigger package which costs approximately $170. They have false advertising because they do not give you a domain name. They advertise they provide Live 24 X 7 X 365 service. When you call they will not answer their phone. To get a really clear picture of how they are misleading people please review this forum: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6616_102-536715/avoid-total-internet-solutions/. They are really scamming a lot of people out of a lot of money. When I did call and try to talk to them and cancel their service the person on the phone screamed at me and said we are here to make money. Then they told me that they would take me to court, they never lost a case and that I will not get a refund. Before they had my money they told me I could try the service and cancel it if it wasn't what I needed. Once they had my money it was a whole different story. There is no free domain name, no live customer service.
Complaint Summary
Totalinternetsolutions.com/ is false advertising.See http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6616_102-536715/avoid-total-internet-solutions/
Resolution Sought
Total Internet Solutions needs to be shut down. View the forum at http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6616_102-536715/avoid-total-internet-solutions/. They are misleading people and stealing their money. They need to refund my money.
Additional Information
Date Problem First Occurred: 3/28/2012
Product or Service: An Internet hosting company - But they really aren't.
Model Name or Number:
Date Purchased: 3/28/2012
Order Number:
Amount In Dispute: $170.00

We have closed our file and we appreciate your using the Better Business Bureau. This complaint will remain in our file on this company and will be a part of the report we issue to the public.

If we can assist you in the future, please contact us.

Thank you.
Total Internet Solutions
9107 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 450
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Phone: (800) 365-8081

Company's Initial Response - Posted 08/27/2012
Thank you for bringing this complaint to our attention. Please be assured that I have looked into this individuals account. She signed up for our web hosting services on 03/27/2012 in which she requested us to register his business web site "inthefunnyzone.com". She signed up for our Platinum package which is $6.97/mo and she chose a 2 year term for a total bill of $167.28. She was charged $167.28 for 2 years of web hosting services. The domain name was given to her completely FREE. If she was to calculate the charges she would also see that the domain name was indeed given to her completely FREE. We have not received any contact from her requesting a refund or any requests to cancel her services. Looking into her account shows that services are currently active and being rendered to her. I'm not sure of the bases of this complaint nor do I have an understanding why it was filed in the first place. If she wants to cancel her services she would need to contact us and request the cancellation. Once her request is canceled she would receive a pro-rated refund minus any setup charges or additional fees. No questions asked. Total Internet Solutions never forces a customer to sign-up for something that they do not want and we definitely do not force a customer to keep their services with us if they do not want to.
Initial Response Summary
We have not received any contact from her requesting a refund or any requests to cancel her services.

Consumer's Rebuttal - Posted 08/28/2012
I did request a cancellation right away. I called and was lied to about their $3.97 per month package. I explained what I needed and was told this would work for me. When I tried to use it I had to call back and was told this was a private domain. Who needs a private domain on the internet? I wanted to cancel. I was then told just sign up for the platinum package. I was told I would get my money back if it didn't work. After calling back again because this package wouldn't work for me either all of a sudden it was a bigger problem. I spoke with a rep. He went off on me and told me Total Internet Solutions was there to make money. He told me everyone that sued Total Internet Solutions lost. He then hung up on me. He then called me back and pretended he was a customer service representative and that he was going to correct the problem. He then when off again and said there is no pleasing you anyway. I am not receiving the services and never have. Total Internet Solutions sold "inthefunnyzone" to Tucows. Tucows auctions off domain names. Look up TucowsInc.com and you will see this. So Total Internet Solutions is lying.

Company's Final Response - Posted 09/10/2012
Thank you for providing us with the consumers response. As previously indicated in our response our records do not match with what she is complaining about. We have already offered her a pro-rated refund in good faith. To date her account is up and running and we are rendering services to her. If she would like these services terminated she would need to cancel her services by contacting us. Once again we would be more than happy and willing to issue her a pro-rated refund. In her complaint she indicates that we sold her domain name to TuCows, this is completely fause and nonsence. TuCows is a domain name registrar. They do not buy domain name from the public or purchase them from providers. TuCows allows users to register domain names. In her scenario she never renewed her domain name and so it was picked up by someone else once it become available on the public market and the individual decided to register the domain name with TuCows. Her complaint has no bearing on our practices and has been filed in bad faith. We have done everything in our power in order to try and accommodate her .

Collapse -
Unethical Business Practices
by graphixgirl99 / April 18, 2013 2:16 AM PDT

Here was my experience with this company.

I renewed my annual hosting services with Total Internet Solutions on August 4, 2012, along with renewing two domain names and purchasing 4 additional domain names. These are all sole proprietor small business websites. They forced me into purchasing two years per each domain name as that was in the contract. The total cost at the time was $587.28 which include 420.00 for the domain names and 167.28 for a year of hosting.

On January 13, 2013, my website and email addresses went down and I contacted Total Internet Solutions to find out what had gone wrong. They stated that they were doing server hardware changes, but because they never sent out a notification that the hardware changes were taking place, I lost my entire database and the files that I had uploaded to my server. At that time, I requested that they provide me with an authorization code so that I could move my domain names to another provider due to all of the problems that I have had in the past with Total Internet Solution's server stability. They told me at the time that that I had to pay 70.00 per domain name to get the authorization code. At that time, because I had just spent a ton of money a few months prior, I was not able to afford to pay them more money. So I rebuilt my website from scratch again and put the files back on the server.

On April 15, 2013, I notified Total Internet Solutions that my emails and websites stopped working. The final conclusion was that my site was supposedly hacked and inappropriate material was placed on my website. They explained that they were going to file a notice with the IC3. I asked them to provide me with a copy of that notice and they told me it was private information. I asked them again for authorization codes and they said that I was just leasing the domain names from them and they couldn't give that to me or turn over the domain names to any other provider. I asked them to provide me with a backup of the files on my server and they told me that I had to sign up for a brand new account in order to get my files, at a cost of $344.00, and that I had to sign up for two years, as that was in their contract. I asked them how much it would cost to sign up for their DNS Management ONLY service and they told me it would cost me 475.00 per year. I told them that I would pay them to burn my files to disk and sign a waiver releasing them of liability if my content contained any viruses. The gentleman that I spoke to said they didn't have time for that type of thing and then starting trying to strong arm me into purchasing another account.

At no time did I receive a copy of any contract when I signed up with this company. I received an invoice after I paid with my credit card that lists the domain names that I purchased and the cost of the hosting account. That was all that I received. I printed a copy of the User Agreement from their website, and no where does it state that when you buy domain names from them, that you are leasing them. Nowhere does it state that you are required to purchase 2 years for domain name registration or for hosting service.

Collapse -
Total Internet Solutions is the absolute WORST web host
by iblithe / September 8, 2012 3:46 PM PDT
Collapse -
TIS Scam Solved by tucows.com
by upanatematomant / September 22, 2012 7:48 AM PDT

Total Internet Sol'ns is run by a hostile, exploitive guy who is very iffy on the concept of 'business ethics'. He has no problem being aggressively rude, ripping off customers, then taking revenge when they go elsewhere to get away from his free-floating anger. Great business model, TIS. tucows.com was very helpful in remedying the situation.

Collapse -
You are not alone
by GISOL-Victim / October 18, 2012 5:51 PM PDT

This is a reincarnation of a web-hosting business that both scammed and robbed many people. It has a new name but the rest is the same. For more information, please contact Report-GISOL.com or our new web site,
report-totalinternetsolutions.com. Help us put an end to this crime spree.

For those of you who have not dealt with this company, a warning: They freeze your account for over-use or a similar trumped up excuse and hold your web site for ransom. Or, they may have you sign a contract and paste that signature onto a fraudulent credit card charge many times the amount you're quoted. This is not a hosting site, it's a criminal venture.

Collapse -
Scam for Sure
by islandsum / November 14, 2012 7:04 AM PST

Agree, Total Internet Solutions is a very unethical & misleading business. Definite Fraud. I unwisely signed up with them based on CNET's recommendation. I experienced the same Hostile Treatment & Lack of Service as those noted here. Not sure why anyone would sign up with them if they are already reading this page, but Just adding my 2cents that it is all sadly true!!! You could loose thousands with this company. Because when you sign up with them your domains are not yours, Total Internet Solutions registers them in Their name. Then they tell you you must pay an outrageous amount to keep them active & that they are tied to the same promos you signed up to on day one... so you have to pay annuals on them. ex. Second year I agreed to pay $320 just to keep 4 domains registered with them, because they could not be seperated from the rest of my account. Then they called 12 weeks later to tell me that If I did not keep my hosting active for another $318/year that all of the domains I just paid a 2 year renewal fee on, would no longer be active. I asked for one day, yes just 24 hours to sort this out, they said no, & they shut down & locked up my account! Do NOT build a brand w/ them or you will loose everything, or be beholding to them for thousands to keep active! Your Domains are in Their name, not yours! They are not a Registrar. Total Internet Solutions is a Fraudulent Hosting Company.

Collapse -
Rply to Islandsum and all
by GISOL-Victim / January 16, 2013 12:24 AM PST
In reply to: Scam for Sure

They're walking a tightrope. We're waiting for them to fall off. Please do go to www.report-gisol.com and ask to help.

Collapse -
I had same experience
by hoppingbuffalo / January 13, 2013 11:26 AM PST

They refused to correspond via email (so I could have an epaper trail). Verbally they said I didn't owe anything. Three months later they said I did. I had a copy of an invoice for $0 and the customer service agent insisted that if I could prove I paid then they would honor that. I said, "Hey, an invoice of $0 means I don't owe anything!" We kept going around and around. Finally I paid to keep my web site up.

Today their site is down.

Joe is right - avoid these nefarious people.

Collapse -
Total Internet Solutions solution
by GISOL-Victim / January 15, 2013 5:33 AM PST
In reply to: I had same experience

This company is the infamous GISOL back under another name. Report them to the Better Business Bureau. Contrary to the claim on their web site, they are NOT members and they have a failure rating. There is no action the BBB can take as the BBB is a community service group for members, but if they are regularly reported, we may all help future victims. Also go to www.report-gisol.com. They are trying to create a name list of Total Internet Solutions victims and are actively searching for legal procedures to finally put these people out of our misery.

Collapse -
Agreed AVOID Total Internet Solutions
by YhenZen / March 4, 2013 5:30 AM PST

We order a hosting service from Total Internet Solutions online for 95.28. Total Internet Solutions called asking me if I was sure that what we had signed up for was what we wanted. The representative also explained that the package we purchased was private would not allow our website to be listed on search engines. He said that this meant that people could not "Google" or search our website, that they would have to type the full site in directly into the address bar. He suggested that we might want to upgrade to the next package, going from the Gold package to the Platinum package so that we would be searchable, and public. I asked what the difference would be, the representative stated several amounts and discounts, (trying to confuse me, I believe now).I asked for the bottom line, how much more would be charged to the credit card, the representative said that basically it would be $40 making it $150.00. They ended up charging 334.80.They were hostile and threatening, stating that if we disputed the higher charged they would lock our domains and not provide a service to us. Total Internet Solutions never provided any service and we are out $335. Our credit card company will not refund the charge unless we can provide proof that this company has not provided us service.

Collapse -
FILE A compalint with BBB
by ravaninstitute / April 21, 2013 3:45 AM PDT

Make your voice matter and stop this company from ripping everyone off. Lets not just avoid them lets get them out of business for all the stealin gthey are doing. Text of my complaint to BBB:

This company has suspended my website which is my professional domain for business due to their claim that it has been hacked. They want me to purchase a new agreement to put it back up and will not release it until 2-2014. I have paid them through this time period and they will not consider any form of credit. They offer me no proof of the website being hacked, stating it is a security risk. I have had many problems with false advertising with this company in the past two years and since they will not release my domain name I cannot go to another provider. They will not release domain names and make you sign up for two years or charge you if you request to move them. This is a one man operation and the same person always answers the phone, claiming they have voice buffers that make them all sound the same.I bring your attention to the many complaints I have seen filed against this company on reputable sites: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6616_102-536715/avoid-total-internet-solutions/
Our expereinces with this company all echo false and deceptive advertisment and they claim to be a part of BBB. HOw can you be endorsing this company with the many complainst that have been filed against them?
I urge you to take steps in protecting the many consumers from this company.
I am a healthcare professional and my clients depend on information from my website, this move jeopardizes their health.

Collapse -
Don't walk, RUN from TIS!
by geminids13 / June 18, 2013 1:53 PM PDT

My experience with TIS today was unbelievable! I paid for a 2 yr agreement web hosting and domain name on 7/16/11 with the second year free. I created a simple website for my dad's landscaping business that was mostly contact info and photo galleries. It was cheap enough and worked for what we needed especially since I have no experience building a website myself. The 2nd year was free and they didn't try to charge more than agreed. I overlooked the email on 5/16/13 that I needed to renew the domain, but caught it with the 6/16/13 reminder email. I called on 6/17/13 to pay to renew the domain and as always had to leave a message. I received a call back 6/18/13 around 1:30 pm...forgot the man's name, probable due to "anger" after the conversation. I told him I needed to pay to renew the domain because unlike the email instructions, I could NOT renew and pay online. He said I had to renew the web hosting and domain or I would lose both. I told him I wanted to renew the domain today and would call back next week to renew the web hosting because I needed to verify if my dad wanted to renew. He informed me that I had to renew both and since I did not renew 30 days in advance of the expiration date I had to pay him right now or the domain and website would be inactivated tonight. My email for renewal only said to renew before the expiration date of 7/16/13. I explained that I was at work and could not leave to put cash in my checking account...I have NO credit cards...only a debit card and didn't have enough in the account to pay it I could go to the bank tomorrow. He said I was on an auto pmt and the card was probably already charged...but, said to hold on and he would call billing and find out. He put me on hold and came back a couple of minutes later and said they had not charged it yet and he changed the auto pmt to disabled. I told him to absolutely NOT charge my card and make sure I was not on the auto renewal. He then asked what my dad's name was...I replied without thinking (stupid of me), of course his name is in the website name. He said to hold on he would see what he could do...however, he made a mistake and did not mute the line. I heard him repeatedly dialing phone numbers...three numbers to be exact. On the third try he said "Is D** available?" and I heard a woman say no he isn't and he hung up". Then he came back to me and said, I just spoke with billing and there's nothing we can do, if you don't pay now you will lose your site and domain. I told him he left the call unmuted and I heard every word. He said no, it was a coworker beside of him. What a liar! I called my mom and she said that she just had a call from him asking for my dad and he hung up on her. Can you believe this....this guy went to my website and got my dad's business phone numbers and tried calling him directly with me on hold to see if he would pay!!!!!! And, hold on, I immediately called my bank and while he had me on hold the first time...he wasn't checking with billing, he tried to run the charges on my bank account. I had to cancel my debit card just in case he tried again! I asked if I had the right to pay for the domain renewal and move my services to another webhost and he said no. I told him I would pay to renew it and wait whatever time period necessary as long as I could keep the domain...he said no. He said TIS was not a registrar and they didn't have to let me keep it without paying for webhosting. And for the BIG finish...by 2:30 my online account was inactivated and by 5 pm the website inactivated. Now, I paid for 2 full yrs and it doesn't expire until 7/16/13, so how can they take down the site just because I'm not renewing beyond 7/16/13? And, it's obvious only 1 or 2 people run the place. They never ever answer the phone and do NOT have 24/7 service. He even said he would only be there for 30 more minutes because he works "graveyard" and had to leave for work. Well, if it's 2 pm in TN and he's in CA, they have the oddest graveyard shift I've ever seen. He also lied and said he was in the same Eastern time zone when I asked if he would be there if I called back by 5pm! Crooks, out right crooks, that is all they are.

Collapse -
by CharleNJ / July 9, 2013 7:23 AM PDT

Total Internet Solutions is ripping me off. Charged me for two years service, but shut my site down after one year wanting me to pay more money! I can't believe this company is still in business. I filed a dispute with my credit card company and complaint to the BBB.

I'm glad I found this site, but in all honesty it was CNET that recommended them in the first place! CNET needs to investigate these companies before making a recommendation.

Collapse -
by geminids13 / July 9, 2013 11:36 AM PDT
In reply to: FRAUD!

Found out TIS purchased my domain from Tucows. TIS also listed their company contact info with Tucows for my domain, including their own user name and password to access the account. I filed a dispute online at www.tucowsdomains.com and Tucows contacted me within 48 hours. I had to send them proof of my identification and then they emailed me a new login and password. Once you login, you have access the codes for your domain and you can have your domain moved to a different service provider. This won't solve a money issue, but can assist in getting your site back up.

Collapse -
Beware of Total Internet Solutions SCAM
by armynavygun / July 19, 2013 4:09 PM PDT

Ordered web hosting services after I saw their ad on CNET. Web hosting was supposed to be $3.95 per month plus first year free. I was charged $167.28 by Total Internet Solutions and they never provided me a single service. Their salesperson told me they would call me back within 48 hours of payment to transfer our website from GoDaddy.com. No one called and I was over charged. Worse yet, Total Internet Solutions does not answer their customer service line. Every time I called I was sent to a general VM. I left messages, but never received a call back. Six months and no calls returned. Over charged and completely blown off with no services provided. I had to dispute the charges with Visa and Total Internet Solutions is actually contesting my dispute. One of the biggest scams we have encountered.

Collapse -
Scam, scam, scam
by UptownHarris / August 21, 2013 9:35 AM PDT

I have had the same experience as everyone else. I signed up for the $3.95/month plan for our tiny web site (5 pages, almost no traffic). Once they took my money they called and said that plan is not exposed to the Internet. Huh? I asked where it explained that on the web site. They said the were behind a firewall and could not see the internet so they couldn't show me, but they were sure it was there. Someone in their other office will call me within 48 hours to resolve it. No call. I should have run away right then, but I paid for the $6.95/month for two years. 6 months later they charged my credit card for my semi annual payment. After producing the receipt showing I was paid for 2 years, they did credit my account. Now after nearly 1 year they again said I needed to pay three hundred plus dollars to renew web hosting and $70 to renew my domain. I told them by phone my web hosting was paid for another year. They assured me it was not. What a scam!!!!

Collapse -
Same issue for me, They stole my domain from me!
by TotalInternetScam / September 4, 2013 7:21 AM PDT

My story sounds like many others that had the misfortune of dealing with Total Internet Solutions.
When I first signed up for 3.95 a month I got a call saying a needed a better plan for almost 3 times the cost.
I had transferred my domain over and reluctantly I agreed pay the additional money which was my biggest mistake.
About a year later I get a call from them saying I had to renew another year, or they would shut my site down and insisting had to pay around a $150 for another year. He would not even give me an hour to get home. They would not allow me to go month to month. I NEVER got an email that it was due to expire. I did not want to renew for a year, and only really use this for an online photo album and email, but do need my email, and had to pay to keep it on.
I then filed a complaint with BBB that went nowhere, and after a few emails BBB was not able to help me.
3 months later my control panel stopped working. After numerous emails to their support, I (not them) determined my domain had expired. When I let them know about this they said I had to renew for 2 years at $70 a year. I asked if I can do 1 year and they refused! They would not let me move it to another registrar!
After the domain expired I was still not able to grab even after the grace period ended. When I called back to finally pay the 140 they raised the price and told me I also had to renew hosting for another 2 years at over $300 on top of the domain cost. Now it was going to cost me almost $500 to keep my domain that I had for years. I had to let it go.
I cannot believe this company can get away with their fraudulent business practices, but if there is any type a lawsuit that will help me get my domain back I am in!!

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Coming soon

Get behind the wheel with Roadshow

Love cars? Climb into the driver's seat for the latest videos, reviews, shopping advice and picks by our editors delivered to your inbox every week.