AVG forum

Alert

AVGIDSEH.Sys

by HamAaron / July 25, 2011 9:45 PM PDT

Im aware of the threads already active on the forum, but not one reply seems to fix my problem and im not sure why.

I did the same as most, updated my computer automatically and next time when i went to boot, it doesnt go past the loading bar and in safe mode halts at AVGIDSEH.Sys.

I'm running a Acer E4264 on Windows Vista and i've tried Safe Mode with Command Prompt, doesnt get past AVGIDSEH.Sys, ive tried Directory Recovery Mode, it stays on 1 screen for a few hours then brings up a error, and the AVG Crash Recovery method doesnt work as the link's AVG provided dont work. Im really rubbish with computers, so would love simple replies, as i cant do most things, however i can provide any information needed. Thankyou in advance

Aaron

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: AVGIDSEH.Sys
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: AVGIDSEH.Sys
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
re: AVGIDSEH.Sys
by Zbynek_AVG AVG Staff / July 25, 2011 9:56 PM PDT
In reply to: AVGIDSEH.Sys
Collapse -
Doesnt work.
by HamAaron / July 25, 2011 9:59 PM PDT
In reply to: re: AVGIDSEH.Sys

As i said above, the .rar and .zip links dont work, they show up with 'File Not Found' so i cant tell.

Collapse -
RE: Doesnt work
by Zbynek_AVG AVG Staff / July 25, 2011 10:18 PM PDT
In reply to: Doesnt work.

Hello,
What exactly doesn't work? Are you able to download it? Please provide us with more information (<span style="border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Tahoma; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: medium;"><span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;">Screenshot).
Thank you

Collapse -
The links.
by HamAaron / July 25, 2011 10:25 PM PDT
In reply to: RE: Doesnt work

When trying to download the rescue CD for USB stick, i click on the link for the .zip file, a new page comes up saying 'File not found'. I try again with the .rar file and a page comes up saying 'File not found' therefore im unable to try and rescue it with your method.

Collapse -
Re: The links
by Ondrej_AVG / July 25, 2011 11:24 PM PDT
In reply to: The links.

Hello,

Collapse -
Update: The links
by Ondrej_AVG / July 25, 2011 11:38 PM PDT
In reply to: The links.

Hello,

Collapse -
Nothing :|
by HamAaron / July 26, 2011 12:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Update: The links

The link works, ive put it on my flash drive and a message came up saying it would be bootable, i configured my BIOS so USB Drives would have priority, restarted it, didnt work, then booted directly from USB through F10 and it just came up with the usual options :
Safe mode
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Safe Mode with Networking
Last Known Good Configuration
Start Windows Normally

all options end up with the same result, stuck on AVGIDSEH.Sys or not getting past the loading bar, am i doing something wrong or is it just broke? I expected a blue window to pop up, but nothing.

Collapse -
USB
by HamAaron / July 26, 2011 12:57 AM PDT
In reply to: Nothing :|

Also i am only able to use the USB links, .rar and .zip but now they seem to have stopped working once again, i dont know whats going on

Collapse -
Im in
by HamAaron / July 26, 2011 2:49 AM PDT
In reply to: USB

Ok after 2 hours of googling i finally got into the Rescue CD, im now using Midnight Commander but cant figure out how to rename the AVG files and which i should rename, could you give me some advice?

Collapse -
List of files
by Dusan_AVG / July 26, 2011 3:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Im in

Hello HamAaron,

Please delete all files in /Windows/system32/drivers starting with avg* as described here.

Thank you

Collapse -
DOne
by HamAaron / July 26, 2011 6:02 AM PDT
In reply to: List of files

Have done and now it stops at crcdisk.sys, i assume this isnt your fault and im grateful for the support but i dont suppose you could help me fix it? Cant afford a new computer and google isnt helping.

Collapse -
Re: Done
by Ondrej_AVG / July 26, 2011 3:29 PM PDT
In reply to: DOne

Hello HamAaron,

Collapse -
help please!
by dalecameron / April 27, 2012 10:22 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: Done

Hi, I have the exact same problem here. It dies on avgidseh.sys. I have booted from avg Usb recovery, renamed all the files starting with avg in the drivers directory, then tried the bios trick and now my laptop stops on bootdm.sys. I cant get to run chkdsk because I cant get to dos yet! Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Collapse -
Help needed also!
by dalecameron / April 28, 2012 10:47 PM PDT
In reply to: AVGIDSEH.Sys

Hi, I have the exact same problem here. It dies on avgidseh.sys. I have booted from avg Usb recovery, renamed all the files starting with avg in the drivers directory, then tried the bios trick and now my laptop stops on bootdm.sys. I cant get to run chkdsk because I cant get to dos yet! Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Collapse -
Re: Bootdm.sys
by Kees_B Forum moderator / April 28, 2012 11:00 PM PDT
In reply to: Help needed also!
Collapse -
bmload.sys
by dalecameron / April 29, 2012 9:53 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Bootdm.sys

Hello, sorry about the typo - i think my phone changed the file name.
The file is bmload.sys.
My operating system is windows 7, which was an upgrade ontop of vista.
Its a Dell Studio 1555 laptop. I have no boot disk - but I used AVG midnight commander from a USB boot thingy they offer.

Really appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Dale

Collapse -
Re: bmload.sys
by Ondrej_AVG / April 29, 2012 6:09 PM PDT
In reply to: bmload.sys

Hello delacameron,

Did you try the trick with long-time boot? (please wait on the black "frozen" screen in Safe Mode for more than 30 minutes)

Else please check the Dell accessories CDs (DVDs), where can be their diagnostics and check the hard-disk condition.

Other option is borrow a DVD with Windows 7 (to get into repair console and run chkdsk in command line) from your friend or use Linux Live CD (USB) and run Linux fsck command for hard-disk check.

What is the current situation?

Thank you

Collapse -
avgidseh.sys
by madman0908 / August 16, 2012 4:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: bmload.sys

I've just encountered this problem running Windows 7 directly after AVG auto-updated. I attempted to start in safe mode and got stuck on avgidseh.sys. Running CHDSK did not seem to fix the problem, although it did correct a few errors, and allowed me to get partway into Windows (but explorer freezes and suggests I close it then nothing further happens). I am attempting to use the boot CD now. Has anyone managed to get this to work?

Collapse -
RE: avgidseh.sys
by JiriF_AVG AVG Staff / August 16, 2012 5:16 PM PDT
In reply to: avgidseh.sys

Hi madman0908,

Try disabling AVG drivers as mentioned earlier in this thread to see whether the trouble persists even with AVG completely inactive. If so, the issue may well be hardware-related.
If you were able to get into Windows but the explorer is crashing, you could try repairing the Windows installation using the installation media or running sfc /scannow as described here (paragraph B) to restore any possibly damaged system files.

Please let us know results.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.