AVG forum

General discussion

AVG will not update, General Error, from other thread

by nathanallan / February 24, 2011 10:27 PM PST
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: AVG will not update, General Error, from other thread
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: AVG will not update, General Error, from other thread
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: AVG will not update, General Error
by Ondrej_AVG / February 24, 2011 10:39 PM PST

Hello Nathan,

mentioned thread was locked by CNET moderator - see his explanation in this post

From provided information you are using an older AVG 2011 program version 10.0.1170, where update failed in unique environments with the same error reported inside your update logs.

To solve this situation please follow these steps to completely reinstall AVG 2011 to latest fixed version (10.0.1204).

What is the current situation?

Thank you

Collapse -
update okay so far.
by nathanallan / February 24, 2011 11:52 PM PST

I followed those instructions and completely removed all of the folders in all of the locations, went to avg free and got it again and installed it. So far, minutes after the installation it updated and says everything is fine. I will post again if there is a problem in this thread (please don't lock it yet), if it goes good for a couple of days then great, I will post here about it. If it acts up again I will post again here abou ***.

Thanks!

Collapse -
worked!
by nathanallan / March 1, 2011 8:58 AM PST
In reply to: update okay so far.

It worked and everything is smooth and updating now. Win Sec Cen says that everything is out of date but the programs themselves say they are fine. Worked, thanks for the help!!

Collapse -
Re: Worked
by Ondrej_AVG / March 1, 2011 2:55 PM PST
In reply to: worked!

Hello Nathan,

if Windows Security Center reports incorrect information, it can be caused by corrupted repository content. You can repair the content by running our DelRepXP utility.

Thank you

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.