AVG forum

General discussion

AVG SAFE SEARCH

by AFQR2009 / March 23, 2011 9:43 PM PDT

Hi does anyone know when the above ( safe search) will be made compatible with FF4?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: AVG SAFE SEARCH
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: AVG SAFE SEARCH
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: AVG Safe Search
by Ondrej_AVG / March 24, 2011 12:55 AM PDT
In reply to: AVG SAFE SEARCH

Hello AVGQR2009,

please be informed that AVG Safe Search add-on will be updated to compatible version with release of next cumulative AVG 2011 program update (soon), which is already available at AVG Beta Portal. AVG 2011 program version must be 10.0.1317 or newer.

Thank you

Collapse -
AVG SAFE SEARCH
by AFQR2009 / March 24, 2011 1:14 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: AVG Safe Search

Thanks for your prompt reply Ondrej.

Collapse -
AVG SAFE SEARCH
by AFQR2009 / March 24, 2011 1:27 AM PDT

Hi Ondrej, Just read your reply to my question again, does that mean that Safe Search with AVG Internet Security 9.0.894 will not be compatible?

Collapse -
by Ondrej_AVG / March 24, 2011 1:41 AM PDT

Hello AFQR2009,

please be informed that the implementation of compatible AVG Safe Search in AVG9 is planned in one of next program updates. But time of release has not been specified yet.

Thank you

Collapse -
AVG Safe Search
by AFQR2009 / March 24, 2011 1:48 AM PDT

Thanks Ondrej Thats What I Needed To Know ( i should have asked the question correctly in the first place!)

Collapse -
by Ondrej_AVG / March 24, 2011 1:55 AM PDT
In reply to: AVG Safe Search

Hello AFQR2009,

One more information (I forgot to mention in previous post):

Although AVG Safe Search will be disabled due to older version, your computer is still protected with AVG Surf-Shield component, which is checking all http communication for exploits (independently on user browser).

Thank you

Collapse -
Safe Search
by AFQR2009 / April 3, 2011 3:58 AM PDT

Hi Ondrej, Whilst i appreciate what you say about AVG Surf-Shield i find it disconcerting that it is taking so long to fix the problem.AVG have had months to test the programme for compatibilty with Firefox 4, it does not do AVG's reputation a lot of good at a time when there are a number of alternative programmes to use. It also shows a complete lack of respect for your customers,i have been a customer for several years but will certainly be looking elsewhere in the future. Sorry to go on but i am somewhat annoyed with this situation.

Collapse -
by JiriF_AVG AVG Staff / April 3, 2011 3:42 PM PDT
In reply to: Safe Search

Hello AFQR2009,

please be informed that Firefox 4 is supported by AVG 2011 (program version 10.0.1209, released on March 29th). More information can be found in FAQ #4222 and FAQ #4223 (for AVG Free Edition).

Thank you.

Collapse -
Safe Search
by AFQR2009 / April 3, 2011 5:56 PM PDT

JiriF, Thats ok if all your customers use AVG 2011 HOWEVER i think most of them will be using AVG9 as i am and as i renewed my license recently ( for 2 years) unless AVG upgrade me to AVG 2011 for free it will be some time before i upgrade. Got this from Ondrej on the 24/3/11:
Hello AFQR2009,
please be informed that the implementation of compatible AVG Safe Search in AVG9 is planned in one of next program updates. But time of release has not been specified yet.
It's now the 4th of April how much longer do we have to wait?

Collapse -
by JiriF_AVG AVG Staff / April 3, 2011 8:07 PM PDT
In reply to: Safe Search

Hello AFQR2009,

please be informed that you can freely upgrade (commercial) AVG program version during your AVG license validity. In other words, you can upgrade your AVG 9.0 to AVG 2011 for free as described in FAQ #2578.

Thank you.

Collapse -
Safe Search
by AFQR2009 / April 3, 2011 11:05 PM PDT

Thanks JiriF AVG 2011 installed and working ok.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.