AVG forum

Alert

AVG IS 2012 installatin failed

by kivito / September 5, 2011 1:27 AM PDT

When i try to install AVG Internet Security 2012 to Win 7 , 32 bit, I've got a message:
Severity: Error
Error code: OxC0070643
Error message: General internal error
Additional message: MSI Engine: Failed to install the product.
@ AVG MSI_Error 27046
Driver installation failed (0xE0010057)
Context: AVG product installation, MSI action failed

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: AVG IS 2012 installatin failed
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: AVG IS 2012 installatin failed
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
RE: AVG IS 2012 installatin failed
by Dusan_AVG / September 5, 2011 4:33 AM PDT
Collapse -
AVG 2012 Installation failed multiple times
by Gamelessx25 / March 25, 2012 12:43 AM PDT

Hi, AVG 2009 failed to update for the last two weeks so I thought to uninstall and reinstall the new version.

But I keep getting an error similar to the one mentioned by the OP. I've tried using the remover and disabled all firewalls and used "run as admin".

Here's a link to the log file from the last install I tried.

https://rapidshare.com/files/2915244743/AVGInstLog.cab

Thanks in advance,
J

Collapse -
Re: AVG 2012 Installation failed multiple times
by Ondrej_AVG / March 25, 2012 4:11 PM PDT

Hello Gamelessx25,

Analysis of provided logs points to a culprit in:

StandardAction(0xC0070517): The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AVG 2012. The installation cannot continue. Log on as administrator or contact your system administrator.

This error is mostly caused by other protection application (Spyware Terminator, Spy-Bot, etc.), which is blocking our installation process; or by damaged access rights in Windows.

Please run AVG Reset Access tool to repair possible damage in access rights, then please disable (or uninstall) all other used protection applications and start the AVG installation again.

In case the situation still persists, please gather AVG installation logs and MSinfo32 output, upload it in an archive (zip file) to favorite online storage and provide us with link to it, so we can analyze the situation.

Thank you

Collapse -
Still same Error after Reset Tool
by Gamelessx25 / March 25, 2012 11:14 PM PDT
Collapse -
Re: Still same Error after Reset Tool
by Ondrej_AVG / March 26, 2012 12:04 AM PDT

Hello Gamelessx25,

Please be informed that both links report "File not found". Can you please re-check them?

Thank you

Collapse -
Rapidshare not working.
by Gamelessx25 / March 26, 2012 2:57 PM PDT
In reply to: Test

Is there an email address I can mail these files to? They are both very small, under a meg each.

J

Collapse -
Re: Rapidshare not working.
by Ondrej_AVG / March 26, 2012 4:02 PM PDT

Hello Gamelessx25,

Please download and run our FTP upload service tool from this FAQ.

Use it to upload both files in one archive to our FTP server and then open my CNET profile and send me a message with the identifier (used email address in the service tool and few random chars) of uploaded file.

Thank you

Collapse -
Rapidshare not working
by rogg1689 / September 3, 2012 1:14 AM PDT

I have been experiencing the same problem with installing AVG 2012. I have tried all methods you mentioned above and I was requesting the files msi_info and Install logs sent to my email. Its salliesmile@live.com

Collapse -
It should not work.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 3, 2012 1:17 AM PDT
In reply to: Rapidshare not working

The files are no longer there.

-> This is such an old post that it should not be used. CREATE A NEW DISCUSSION.

Collapse -
AVG Installation failed:
by retep31 / March 27, 2012 3:46 PM PDT
Dear Sirs,
Is there any other way to install my Free AVG?
System: Microsoft XP Professional, SP3 - 32bit
Please help!
Thank you
Kind regards
Peter Walbaum sr.
Collapse -
Re: AVG installation failed:
by Ondrej_AVG / March 27, 2012 3:58 PM PDT
Collapse -
Please gather AVG installation logs and MSinfo32 output, upl
by retep31 / March 28, 2012 3:30 AM PDT

Dear Sirs,
Unfortunately I don`t know how! Sorry.
Kind regards
Peter Walbaum sr.

Collapse -
Re: Please gather...
by Ondrej_AVG / March 28, 2012 4:43 PM PDT

Hello Peter,

I can see you have already gathered the installation logs as described in post below. Please just click on the linked text in my post to get to How-To articles with friendly instructions, how to get requested information.

In case of any issues with following our instructions, please let me know.

Thank you

Collapse -
Installation failed:
by retep31 / March 28, 2012 6:28 AM PDT
I have saved the relevant installation logs, but how do I send these to you?

Kindly submit me with an e-mail address!

Thank you,

Kind Regards

Peter Walbaum sr.
Collapse -
Re: Installation failed:
by Ondrej_AVG / March 28, 2012 4:40 PM PDT
In reply to: Installation failed:

Hello retep31,

Please download and run our FTP upload service tool from this FAQ.

Use it to upload both files in one archive to our FTP server and then open my CNET profile and send me a message with the identifier (used email address in the service tool and few random chars) of uploaded file.

I will analyze the logs and inform you about the results.

Else you can contact our main support channel.

Thank you

Collapse -
AVG cannot install driver on Windows7 SP1 as its NOTSIGNED
by LeongMY / July 11, 2012 8:12 AM PDT

Windows 7 SP 1 now blocks all drivers from being installed if it is not signed using a valid certificate. AVG should fix this immediately to support fresh install of AVG on a fully updated Windows7 SP1.

IT is a disgrace that you can release such a software that is now tested with the current Windows 7, released for so long now!!!!

Collapse -
RE: AVG cannot install driver on Windows7 SP1 as its NOT ...
by JiriF_AVG AVG Staff / July 16, 2012 6:15 PM PDT

Hello LeongMY,

Please be informed all AVG drivers are digitally signed. We noted some cases where the system was not able to verify the signature, but that was caused by an operating system error or by outdated root certificates (which will not occur with Windows 7 connected to the Internet).

If your system reports AVG is trying to install unsigned certificates, I recommend disabling the signature enforcement temporarily. To do that, restart your computer and press F8 while it is booting and choose to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.

Also, you could contact MS support to investigate why the system is not able to recognize digitally signed drivers properly.

Thank you.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.