AVG

General discussion

avg customer support sucks

by tlc58 / December 28, 2010 3:13 AM PST

purchased the upgraded version, computer started having issues at the time i downloaded new version. I never received an e-mail with the license #. Can not find a way to e-mail avg any where on there site. I called the number and they wanted more money to check my computer. I paid to have my computer cleaned and repaired with someone local checked all e-mails and still have not an e-mail from avg with licsense # nor can I e-mail them because there is no way to contact them by e-mail.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: avg customer support sucks
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: avg customer support sucks
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: avg customer support sucks
by Ondrej_AVG / December 28, 2010 2:17 PM PST

Hello tlc58,

please accept our apologies for this unpleasant experience.

I would like to ask you to open my CNET profile and send me an email with identifier of the purchase (or just used email address) or identifier AVG# mentioned in the auto-response to your query. I will check it in our system and answer you as soon as possible.

Thank you

Collapse -
Customer Support is Horrible
by avrick / January 16, 2013 8:06 AM PST

Cannot get support via chat, although online connected for 14 hours!
Currently on phone support hold for 35 minutes and counting.
Absolutely the worst support experience I have ever had!
Just want to find out how to now get my refund and go elsewhere.

Collapse -
RE: Customer Support is Horrible
by JiriF_AVG AVG Staff / January 16, 2013 4:37 PM PST

Hi avrick,

I'm sorry to hear you've waited for so long. Could you please send us the link of the chat window you were connecting to, if available? Definitely, 14 hours should not be a time spent by waiting for an operator. If the link to the chat can't be found now, please tell us which exact website have you visited and what region you are located in.

Please use one of the available avenues listed on this web page for contacting AVG customer care. Please let us know whether you were able to reach the support.

Thank you.

Collapse -
Resolved
by avrick / January 16, 2013 10:35 PM PST

I was finally able to get through via telephone "support", only after waiting 51 minutes to speak to someone.
Full refund requested under 30 money back guarantee.

Collapse -
RE: Resolved
by JiriF_AVG AVG Staff / January 17, 2013 6:54 PM PST
In reply to: Resolved

Hi avrick,

I'm happy to hear you were able to resolve the situation. However, the 50 minutes waiting time is quite high. Could you please tell us what time you were calling the support line, your time zone and the exact number you were calling. We will check the long on-hold time and try to improve the service.

Thank you for posting back.

Collapse -
Excuse me...
by joeTPB / June 26, 2015 3:34 PM PDT
In reply to: RE: Resolved

I would love to know why all the links from the adware on my computer lead directly to avg's official site.

Collapse -
I'd post a new question.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / June 26, 2015 3:42 PM PDT
In reply to: Excuse me...

This thread is over 2 years old. Try anew in AVG forums.
Dafydd.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.