AVG

General discussion

AVG Customer Service

by PatKSA / March 22, 2011 12:06 AM PDT

AVG has not responded to any of my sales customer service requests. They send an email acknowledging my email was received, but I have never received an answer. They sometimes include a chat room link, but it says try again later". I've tried all the phone numbers. Only the technical service one will answer, and they send me back to the online request form. How do I talk with an AVG customer service representative?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: AVG Customer Service
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: AVG Customer Service
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
RE: AVG Customer Service
by Dusan_AVG / March 22, 2011 3:29 AM PDT
In reply to: AVG Customer Service

Hello,

Could you please describe your issue here on forum?
Contacting our sales support over the webform is correct way.
Response time may be prolonged at the moment due to higher amount of requests than usual.

Thank you for your understanding.

Collapse -
Been trying unsuccessfully to contact AVG for 10 days
by PatKSA / March 23, 2011 8:22 AM PDT

I wanted to renew my AVG license, but add another computer. Jerome in the "chat room" told me to upgrade to 10 computers then renew. He said the increase to 10 computers would be prorated since I had only a few days left on my current license. I would get a new license number and then I could renew for the 25% discounted renewal rate. That is not what happened. The net cost was more than if I had simply applied for a new license for the 10 computers. I simply want my money back for the upgrade and get my 5 computer 2 year license back so I can renew my 5 computer 2 year license. AVG customer service has NOT responded to any of my emails. They have NOT answered the phone. The chat room consistently says no one is available to help. My license expires in 2 days. Without any customer service I will have to go to another service provider.

Why is there no customer service for billing issues with AVG? I simply would like a phone number where I can speak to a LIVE PERSON and resolve this issue.

Collapse -
RE: Been trying unsuccessfully to contact AVG for 10 days
by JiriF_AVG AVG Staff / March 23, 2011 7:38 PM PDT

Hello PatKSA,

could you please provide us with some identifier of the communication (AVG# number in the e-mail subject) and phone number you have called to?
The only phone contact available is offered in the AVG customer services contact web form (depends on your location).

Thank you.

Collapse -
AVG contacts that have proved worthless
by PatKSA / March 24, 2011 6:27 AM PDT

Phone numbers I tried and got no assistance.
978-378-4460
828-459-5422
888-823-2233
877-327-9812

AVG Case#s that have not been responded to & the chat room is "not available"

Collapse -
Re: AVG contacts
by Ondrej_AVG / March 24, 2011 5:12 PM PDT

Hello PatKSA,

please be informed that your situation with provided contacts has been passed for closer analysis to our sales department. They should soon provide you with an answer.

Thank you for your cooperation

Collapse -
Still no response from AVG
by PatKSA / March 25, 2011 7:18 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: AVG contacts

My license expires in 3 days. I would like to renew with AVG, but I only have 3 days left on my current license. When can I expect to hear from a LIVE PERSON?

Collapse -
Re: Still no response from AVG
by Ondrej_AVG / March 27, 2011 5:19 PM PDT

Hello PatKSA,

please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused by this situation.

I have urged this situation by leader of our HQ sales team.

Thank you

Collapse -
avg not working
by philpl / November 4, 2012 1:08 AM PDT

hi, my avg is notworkin, it says 2 re-enter my key no, i havetried this with no success, a have tried others hu wanted 2 charge me a fortune, were is avg support a have only had avg a short time, paid 4 a year n now has let me down , is there any help

Collapse -
RE: avg not working
by JiriF_AVG AVG Staff / November 5, 2012 5:09 PM PST
In reply to: avg not working

Hi philpl,

If your license number is not accepted (AVG says it is not valid), please check that it is valid. You can use this web form to get your license number be resent to your mailbox. Then, you can re-activate AVG using this license number.
However, if AVG accepts the license number and later it reports the number is invalid, the problem is caused by something else. Basic information on AVG license trouble can be found in this article.

I recommend creating new discussions in future, rather than resurrecting old threads. The forum is then friendlier to read for other visitors who may be facing the same problem.

Thank you.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.