AVG forum

General discussion

AVG 9 won't complete installation

by perry214 / November 26, 2009 5:14 PM PST

Installation failed!

Error message: MSVC Redistributables installation failed. Installation of AVG can not continue.

i'm running vista, w firefox as default browser. i did notice that when avg instructed me to close the programs listed, all closed with no problem except firefox, which seemed to be lagging. any help is much appreciated!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: AVG 9 won't complete installation
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: AVG 9 won't complete installation
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Then try again after a reboot.
by Kees Bakker / November 26, 2009 5:16 PM PST

But don't run Firefox before you install AVG. Success now?

Kees

Collapse -
rebooted, tried again.....same error message
by perry214 / November 26, 2009 5:38 PM PST

Local machine: install actions planned
Installation:
Error: MSVC Redistributables installation failed. Installation of AVG can not continue.

the reboot was also to complete installation of windows updates, if that matters.

Collapse -
Re: rebooted, tried again.....same error message
by Ondrej_AVG / November 26, 2009 9:10 PM PST
Collapse -
This is horse crap
by DDD77 / February 25, 2010 10:44 AM PST

Local machine: install actions planned Installation:
Error: MSVC Redistributables Installation Failed

over and over again nomatter what, and i?ve seen all damn forums and specially AVG pages and "advices" with no results whats or ever.
So, eighter this software AVG 9 is a complete fluke, or someone take some fkn responsability and come up with some decent and REAL solution quikly. I know my AVG worshipping years are over.

Deeply dissapointed,
Daniel

Collapse -
Re: This is horse crap
by Ondrej_AVG / February 25, 2010 2:58 PM PST
In reply to: This is horse crap

Hi,

please be informed that this installation error is related with inability to install Microsoft Visual C++ libraries on the computer.

Please try to install them manually as described at this AVG Knowledge Base - http://free.avg.com/ww-en/kb.num-2667#num-2667

Else check the steps in the end of mentioned KB with batch to skip installation of Visual C++ libraries during AVG installation.

Thanks

Collapse -
This is horse crap
by HP-Graphics / March 1, 2010 12:46 AM PST
In reply to: This is horse crap

I know how you feel. I've been trying for 5 month now wasting about 50 hours with their tech support trying to get that garbage to work for more than 6 days. After a few hours and maximum 6 days I can't open AVG, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer nor any links in Outlook Express and then I've to spent more hours with AVG tech support to get it up and running again. Everything works fine once that garbage is removed however, now, once again I have no virus protection. They refuse to give any refunds after 30 days and they just keep me going with apologies instead of fixing that garbage.
BUYER BEWARE!!! AVG DOES NOT WORK!!!
Herbert

Collapse -
AVG Anti-Virus 9.0
by HP-Graphics / February 28, 2010 1:30 AM PST

I'm having huge problems with AVG since Oct. 9. 2009 and while AVG technicians can fix their software problems, they last only from 1 to 6 days and then it fails again. For 5 month now I have been spending about 50 hours to have their lousy software fixed and I'm getting nowhere. They are even too cheap to give me a refund or even a contract extension for the time their garbage has not worked. AVG breaks down continually and I can't open it nor Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or any links in Outlook Express. It cuts off my service provider when I try to remove that garbage or try to download it again. As soon it is removed everything works fine. I'm extremly frustrated and annoyed with AVG as they are unable to fix their software on a permanent basis. Anybody, who things about buying that garbage should stay away.
Herbert Pollinger

Collapse -
Technical support
by Dusan_AVG / February 28, 2010 3:40 AM PST
In reply to: AVG Anti-Virus 9.0

Hello,

As per your description it seems that you have been in contact with our techsupport.

Could you please provide us with case numbers G# or AVG# so we can check the communication?

Thank you

Collapse -
AVG Anti-Virus 9.0
by HP-Graphics / March 1, 2010 12:08 AM PST
In reply to: Technical support

Hello AVG,
Obviously, you don't understand what I've written. I'm sick and tired of wasting my time trying to get your garbage program to work. Read and try to understand my previous blog. I repeat, THIS IS GOING ON FOR 5 MONTH NOW. Once again I'm without virus protection. AVG DOES NOT WORK AND ANYBODY THINKING OF BUYING THAT **** NEEDS TO HAVE THEIR BRAIN EXAMINED.
Herbert

Collapse -
AVG 9 won't complete installation
by HP-Graphics / March 1, 2010 12:15 AM PST

It happens to me all the time. AVG cuts off my service provider during downloads and removals. In the last 5 month I have downloaded and removed the paid version about 20 times as this **** stops working after maximum 6 days. Then AVG, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and any links in Outlook Express can't be opened. Once AVG is removed everything works fine. BUYER BEWARE!!! DON'T BUY THIS GARBAGE AS THEY REFUSE TO REFUND ANY MONEY!!!

Collapse -
sounds like you have a virus
by James Denison / March 8, 2010 12:27 PM PST

See if you can do any of the online scans like trendmicro. If you find you are blocked from accessing them, very likely you need to try another approach to clean your computer.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Forums

Looking for tech help?

Whether you’re looking for dependable tech advice or offering helpful tricks, join the conversation in our forums.