Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

Question

Avast Pro 6 SafeZone issue

by SHRED56 / December 8, 2011 7:04 AM PST

I liked it so well I purchased another Avast Pro for my wife's XP pro system. Only problem is her "SafeZone" does not work. The window comes up but no browser opens. When I 'switch back' there is a Microsoft error window saying they encountered a problem and do I want to send the report the Microsoft.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Avast Pro 6 SafeZone issue
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Avast Pro 6 SafeZone issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
It's the weekend
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / December 11, 2011 4:57 AM PST
Collapse -
Answer
Safe Zone Problem
by bob3160 / December 21, 2011 7:36 PM PST

Make sure that the computer meets the minimum system requirements:
Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher (any Edition, 32-bit or 64-bit)
If the system requirements are up to par, and you're still having a problem,
try using the repair function
You'll find it under the add/remove programs. Select avast! and then scroll down to repair.
Once the installation has been repaired, reboot your system.
After the reboot, re-try the Safe Zone to make sure your problem has been solved.

Collapse -
Answer
I liked it so well I purchased another Avast Pro for my wife
by LIFEFISH / December 23, 2011 6:05 PM PST

Make sure that the computer meets the minimum system requirements: Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher (any Edition, 32-bit or 64-bit) If the system requirements are up to par, and you're still having a problem,try using the repair function You'll find it under the add/remove programs. Select avast! and then scroll down to repair.Once the installation has been repaired, reboot your system.After the reboot, re-try the Safe Zone to make sure your problem has been solved.

Collapse -
Answer
Avast Pro 6 SafeZone issue
by Govinda_Sirwani_Pak / May 24, 2013 8:52 PM PDT

Go to desktop>Avast>security>safezone. There you will find "setting", open it and here you will see "reset safezone". Juse reset it, it will solve your problem. If you aren't able to go desktop then do it from "safe mode". Just restart your "PC" and open it into "safe mode" normallly by pressing f8 before window image.You can also uninstall from "safemode".It will deffinitly solve your problem.GoodBye

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.