Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Attach full size picture in e-mail

by btgceria / August 4, 2007 9:29 PM PDT

How do i attach full size pictures in YAHOO/HOTMAIL/GOGGLES email.
I am using XPPRO. ALWAYS ITS TUMBNAIL AND HAVE TO DOWNLOAD IT VIEW FULL SIZE!!! Please help me... I want those who receive my email be able directly to view in full size those pictures i send them via email. Thank you

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Attach full size picture in e-mail
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Attach full size picture in e-mail
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
full size pics
by Daviddude / August 4, 2007 10:25 PM PDT

I use yahoo, and don't think that there is a way to send a full size pic . they always come across as the thumbnail and you scan and download the pic.

Collapse -
Attach full size picture in e-mail
by btgceria / August 4, 2007 10:30 PM PDT

Thank you very much for your reply. I do recieve full size pictures from groups tha i subcribe to!!!!!!

Collapse -
Microsoft Outlook
by Daviddude / August 4, 2007 10:43 PM PDT

If you have Microsoft Outlook, you can try inserting the picture into the email body ... but I believe that the recipients need to be using Microsoft Outlook to receive it correctly. It just might come out as an attachment on the email.

Collapse -
Short answer: You don't
by jackson dougless / August 5, 2007 12:33 AM PDT

When you get "full sized" images from others, it's because it's simply a link to a file hosted on some server, much the same as a web page.

All of which is beside the point, since email was designed for TEXT ONLY. If you want to include an image, do so as an attachment. If you want to include all kinds of cutesy graphics and fonts, get a free bit of space on some free website place and create a web page instead. Then just send people a link to that page.

Email servers are already clogged with all the spam people send out either intentionally, because they're using programs like Outlook and Outlook Express which have been compromised, they were using Internet Explorer and some malware set up a SMTP relay, or they were just running their own open relay. Please show some consideration for everyone else on the Internet with you, and try to keep the traffic where it belongs. Web servers tend to be run on much more powerful systems, often times clusters of systems, which are designed to handle heavy traffic loads. Email servers generally are run on considerably less, because email generally doesn't require that much. Of course this means they can be overloaded much more easily if people insist on trying to send large attachments and bloat the message size considerably by adding in font effects like colors, bold, italic, etc. Those all more than double the size of any message.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.