Laptops forum

General discussion

Asus Battery Problems

by Steve16 / December 26, 2009 9:15 AM PST

Right away when I got my Asus UL30A laptop, I put the battery in its hinges and automatically it was loose. Everything is locked. I know this is a re-occurring problem with these models but is there any way to fix this?

I called the online retailer I bought it from and they are probably going to give me a new one. Will the new one have the same problem? Or should I just get a refund?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Asus Battery Problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Asus Battery Problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
My vote.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 26, 2009 11:19 AM PST
In reply to: Asus Battery Problems

Let them try to fix it once and then if they fail, start the RMA.

Collapse -
by Steve16 / December 26, 2009 11:42 AM PST
In reply to: My vote.

As it is an online retailer, the only way they repair these things they said that I would have to submit an RMA request first. The online retailer I refer to is A request has been submitted once I spoke to them and it has been almost five days since. I will be giving them a call come Monday as this is taking way too long.

Is there a way to fix this or are all these UL30A made the same so I will be having the same problems on a new one once it arrives?

Collapse -
RMA number 2?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 26, 2009 10:04 PM PST
In reply to: RMA...

What is way too long? If there is no tracking number for the shipment, then it has been too long. I wonder about those that write about too long when some item was shipped and it's not up to the maker/supplier but UPS or Fedex.

Collapse -
RMA Request
by Steve16 / December 27, 2009 9:56 AM PST
In reply to: RMA number 2?

The RMA request has been sent to the online retailer that I first purchased the laptop from. I sent this request as they have to follow up and hand e-mail me back a specific. Once that number has been given to me then I can go ahead and ship it back to them.

Do you think that it is worth getting a new one? or should I just ask for my money back given this problem?

If so, I was looking in to the new DELL Vostro V16?

What do you think I should do?

Collapse -
Only 2 days and
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 27, 2009 10:29 PM PST
In reply to: RMA Request

This is during Christmas means I won't slam this maker on this one.

Sorry but I can't come down hard on them yet. If you were having this issue during a normal time of the year and you submitted it say Monday and it was Friday without global issues of hurricanes, holidays or such then I'd say they were a company you need to get away from.

I can't say that yet.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.