Smart Home & Appliances forum

General discussion

Ashampoo WinOpimzer 7

by Leo St. Aubin / March 29, 2011 5:34 AM PDT

Just what does it do? All it does ask me to regester and then wants me to buy another program to regester. I don' get it. My order number is Y985EUW. If I need to buy additional programs please cancel the order.

Leo St Aubin

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Ashampoo WinOpimzer 7
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Ashampoo WinOpimzer 7
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Cancel what?
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 29, 2011 5:35 AM PDT
In reply to: Ashampoo WinOpimzer 7

Why can't you cancel the order?

I think we are missing details here.

Mark

Collapse -
Ashampoo WinOptimizer 7
by Leo St. Aubin / March 29, 2011 5:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Cancel what?

The program just ask me regester and then tells me to buy another program to work. I gave you the order number from this morning.

Leo

Collapse -
You gave who?
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 29, 2011 5:46 AM PDT

Sorry, but you never gave me any number.

In fact I don't know what you are talking about, so please tell more.

Mark

Collapse -
(NT) Ashampoo WinOptomizer 7
by Leo St. Aubin / March 29, 2011 6:07 AM PDT
In reply to: You gave who?
Collapse -
Ashampoo WinOptomizer 7
by Leo St. Aubin / March 29, 2011 6:16 AM PDT
In reply to: You gave who?

After scan it gives me number of item then I check fix.
Then it ask for regester number or key which is AWPSG4-77ES50-F43C8F

I put it in it dosent work then it tells me to get regester and then buy PC program.

Order number is #Y985EUW

I'm in my 80s and don't need this type of problem.

Leo

Thoes are only numbers I have.

Collapse -
Do you mean
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 29, 2011 9:35 PM PDT

this Ashampoo WinOptimizer?
http://download.cnet.com/Ashampoo-WinOptimizer/3000-2094_4-10224281.html?tag=mncol;2

If so, that download is provided by CNET's Download.com as a service, and is a Free Trial for 40 days. After that the software developer's themselves require you to buy it to continue using it.

That software does not belong to CNET and if you have any questions about it then you will need to go to http://www.ashampoo.com/ and find out more.

May I say, we never recommend such "Optimizers" in these forums despite what may be offered at Download.com. They can often cause more problems than fix them.

Mark

Collapse -
And here we have a problem . . .
by Coryphaeus / March 30, 2011 12:37 PM PDT
In reply to: Do you mean

CNet sells/offers the product but we can't recommend its use. Sad. Something is broken.

This really pisses me off. A user (an uninformed newbie) visits CNet. CNet offers/sells a product. He has a problem with said product. We, the experienced users and helpers tell said customer that what he bought is not a recommended product. And, CNet does not offer support, even though the said newbie has no idea. But it's sold by CNet.

Something is fishy in Philly.

OH!! It's the almighty dollar!

Collapse -
Well,
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 30, 2011 9:36 PM PDT

CNET doesn't sell software via Download.com. I don't know if it sells software through any other part of its business. I doubt it because CNET is not a software developer.

Download.com is asked by developers if they can promote their software at Download.com. It is tested and malware checked, and then offered as a download if it checks out, but Download.com try as hard as it can to inform any potential user of the specifications and any restrictions on use.

There are literally hundreds of thousands of software utilities available, and 'some of them' will be trial software. That's perfectly legal as long as the trial is clearly mentioned, and many users like to "Try before they buy". If there is any that abuse this, or otherwise attempt to fool the user, Download.com will review their product and if necessary will remove it from the list. It is not clear that this is the case in this discussion.

As to software that we don't recommend in these forums, I wish that this could be better. But those of us who don't recommend only do that from our own experience and from reports we see in these forums. But we all accept that there may be many, many more users of said software titles that are very happy with what they use. We are all volunteers in these forums and while I am not shirking the issue by saying that I have to realise that CNET is a business and these forums work independently to the commercial side.

Mark

Collapse -
You must download this file to activate your key
by cathwang / April 6, 2011 10:03 AM PDT

Hi Leo,
Sorry, the process has been so confusing! I'm hoping you were able to resolve this by now, but if you haven't, this is what you need to do.

Uninstall the current version if it's not WinOptimizer 7.0
If it's not, then you must download this file: http://ashampoo.downloadcluster.com/public/cnt/2506/ashampoo_winoptimizer_7_7.25_8624.exe

Then, go through the instructions on here to activate your key: http://download.cnet.com/8301-32471_4-20047666-10391713.html?tag=rb_content;main

The license key is in the email that came from "TrialPay - Your order with CNET is ready" - you click through that email, which takes you to a confirmation page that has your license key.

Hope this helps. If not, please let me know as soon as you see this and I'll do my best to walk you through it.

Regards,
Cat

Collapse -
Possible useful information
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 31, 2011 3:32 AM PDT
Collapse -
EVen more, and better information
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 31, 2011 5:42 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.