Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

arranging icons

by Karhu56 / August 20, 2009 6:20 AM PDT

My icons are arranged in the classic formation in 2 or 3 columns on the left of the desktop.

Is there a way to change their postion?
- Rows rather than columns?
- Framing the the desktop?
- Horizontal across the bottom or top of desktop?

I guess the main thing is flexiblity. I'd like to group in a distinct pattern that would me more useful to me.

Appreciate any and all help - Thanks now to one and all! Karhu56

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: arranging icons
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: arranging icons
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: icons
by Kees Bakker / August 20, 2009 6:28 AM PDT
In reply to: arranging icons
Collapse -
arranging icons
by Karhu56 / August 20, 2009 8:49 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: icons

Just imagine me slapping myself in the forehead with my hand and saying "duh"!

I knew that but forgot. Can't tell you how much time I spent searching helps, the web, freeware, etc. Was getting a headache trying to come up with keywords.

And after following your directions I also found how to "lock" the items. Another "duh!" to myself cause I know I've found that before.

Thanks for your direction - another forum success! Frank

Collapse -
One last thought!
by Karhu56 / August 20, 2009 9:05 AM PDT
In reply to: arranging icons

Is there a computer book or author that you'd recommend for Windows 2000?

In the last few months I've gotten back to computers after not touching one for a number of years.

I had forgotten how I liked having a manual on hand to highlight, bookmark, and jot down notes.

Thanks again Frank

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.