Phones forum

General discussion

Are you buying a Samsung Galaxy S5?

by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / February 25, 2014 9:00 AM PST
Check out CNET Editor's overview on the Samsung Galaxy S5

-- Yes, when it is available for sale publicly.
-- I haven't decided yet.
-- No, I'm going to stick with my current Galaxy phone.
-- No, I'm going to stick with my current phone.
-- No, but I will be upgrading to the Galaxy S4.
-- No, I'm going to wait for the next generation.
-- No, I will never buy a Samsung phone.

Place your poll votes here!

Note: This post was edited by its original author on 02/25/2014 at 5:04 PM PT
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Are you buying a Samsung Galaxy S5?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Are you buying a Samsung Galaxy S5?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
re: Are you buying a Samsung Galaxy S5? - New!
by asafult / February 25, 2014 11:42 AM PST

No. My Note 3 is still better ... perhaps I'll get a Note 4 or Note 5 or an S7.

Collapse -
Sticking with my current phone.
by netsiu / February 25, 2014 12:27 PM PST

Motorola QA1 karma. Works so well for me I have two more just for backup.

Collapse -
There might be another poll option...
by f8odpzfgtq / February 26, 2014 2:29 AM PST

--No, I don't have a smartphone. (Don't need one.)

Collapse -
No change for now....
by birdmantd Forum moderator / February 26, 2014 4:09 AM PST

....after dropping so much for my current S4 last summer, not in my budget. Not eligible for subsidy discounts until 2015 and who knows what will be available then. My S4 does everything I need and more right now.

Collapse -
Holding tight
by TrackStar1682 / February 26, 2014 4:38 AM PST

I'm still high off the excitement of my Galaxy S4 even though I bought it on the second day of availability from T-Mobile last year. I don't see myself switching anytime soon... they built the last one TOO WELL! Cool

Collapse -
by simon723 / March 3, 2014 7:24 PM PST

I was planning to buy it earlier. But Samsung S4 has been a big disappointment for me. Moreover its price doesn't match with it's features. We can go for apple product on that much price

Collapse -
samsung s5
by crisroger / March 4, 2014 7:05 AM PST

I have been using iphone for a long time now and will certainly be switching to samsung.
Things I dont like about iphone. No replacement battery, needs charging few times a day, cannot increase memory limit by sd card or anything, 3 of my iphone batteries have been exploded without any reason (not coz of over charging or anything), you cannot do anything without connecting to itunes when samsung offers a plug and play. So for that reasons I am certainly switching to samsung.

Collapse -
Yes, when it is available for sale publicly.
by V_V_ / March 12, 2014 7:22 PM PDT

Yes, I will buy this phone.

Collapse -
by mikamiko / March 25, 2014 3:39 AM PDT

No, I don't have a smartphone.

Collapse -
No, Planning to purchase Samsung S4, No surprise on S5
by Lily-Sheng2014 / March 28, 2014 3:59 PM PDT

After seeing the publication of the S5, the shell of S5 doesn't attract me much, maybe a little disappointment.

very similar to S4. Sometimes i would like to purchase a high copy S4, cheap and good function

Collapse -
by KatieMcLarson / April 23, 2014 12:11 AM PDT

Got mine about a week ago. I really enjoy it, though I agree that it isnt the best looking phone. I ended up buying a case to cover it anyways. Did you guys find any good cases for it? I found a pretty cheap one here:

What do you guys think of the new model?

Collapse -
In my option.....
by birdmantd Forum moderator / April 23, 2014 4:20 AM PDT
In reply to: Yes

......a cheap case is not an option. I paid extra to get the Lifeproof case to give the maximum protection after dropping my first S4 and cracking the display badly. You know the old saying, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure....".

Collapse -
in my opinion
by KatieMcLarson / April 25, 2014 5:52 AM PDT
In reply to: In my option.....

I think the case you need depends on your use of the phone. For someone who is constantly on the go and maybe throws their phone around, I agree maybe getting a full shock protection case is the way to go, but for the average joe, who uses their phone at the desk or carries it in a handbag for the majority of the day, you can usually use a cheaper/thinner case. Its a personal need type of thing.

Collapse -
by tamasaburo56 / April 24, 2014 3:23 PM PDT

-- No, I'm going to stick with my current phone

Collapse -
by rabbysk3 / April 29, 2014 2:44 AM PDT

Yea i am buying to Samsung galaxy s5 it,s a nice smartphone

Collapse -
Yup, love my S5
by burgers321 / May 6, 2014 6:41 AM PDT

Yup, I upgraded my S4 to an S5 (contract ended so I figured why not). It is a nice phone, maybe not worth it without the contract. I ended up buying a leather-wallet case for it too considering how expensive it was. I went to and bought a case, it was cheap enough and its been holding up well. Love the smell of leather.

Collapse -
by technoup2date / May 7, 2014 8:31 PM PDT

No, I'm going to wait for the next generation.

Collapse -
by alexander2020 / May 11, 2014 9:47 PM PDT

YES indeed.

Collapse -
I bought one
by DEzi78 / May 12, 2014 10:17 AM PDT
In reply to: YES

I did buy a GS5. The phone itself is very powerful and i purchased the phone because i wanted to be able to upgrade my storage capacity so i could have all of my music on the phone. That being said, the audio quality is extremely sub par. no equalizer or music player or gain control app on either google play or the samsung app store can fix this. ive compared my phone to other s5's and they all have the same issue. Music is a big deal to me, so when the next iphone comes out in the fall ill be going back to apple. If sound quality in your music isnt an issue then get the phone, its great otherwise. If sound quality is important DONT GET THIS PHONE.

Collapse -
by Chooopy / May 12, 2014 9:04 PM PDT
In reply to: I bought one

This is the best phone I have ever had . My last phone was the iPhone 5 and now when I pick it up it feels so outdated . I don't use the finger print sensor or heart rate monitor but I would still recommend this phone over Apple any-day . It gives you so many options to customize the phone to exactly how you like it. This drastically improves the overall experience and makes it much more efficient especially for business . People often comment about how it's all plastic and feels rather tacky . Who cares it's lighter , waterproof and dust proof as far as I am concerned plastic rocks if those are the features i get in return

Collapse -
by KatieMcLarson / May 15, 2014 7:45 AM PDT
In reply to: Hi

I definitely see what you mean. I have the new GS5, and I like it a lot. I also had an iPhone 5 previous to it, and I have to say, the ability to customize it is definitely a great thing:) I think people are more disappointed by the look of it because it doesnt look much different than the S4. I have to agree with them, I think samsung should have spent a little more time with the new look, but Ill take funtion over fashion any day.

Collapse -
Bought it!
by kagemi / May 17, 2014 1:38 AM PDT

Got it 8 days ago and still learning all the features and capabilities. Awesome phone however, it is my first smart phone. Very happy with it so far. With promo also received a Samsung Tab 3 FREE! Just have to pay the monthly plan for it.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.