TVs & Home Theaters

Question

Are the LG products reliable?

by luisie / July 7, 2011 8:21 PM PDT

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> I'm buying a new TV set this month and currently thinking about Cinema 3D TV. What do you guys think about this? Do you think it's good idea? Is the LG brand and their TV reliable? It would be very helpful if someone who has used an LG 3D TV share their experience on this forum. I appreciate it guys Happy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Are the LG products reliable?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Are the LG products reliable?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Answer
by PistonCupChampion / July 8, 2011 4:43 AM PDT

You would get a much more accurate answer by looking up the repair records of televisions in Consumer Reports magazine. Here you will get the answers of a few people at best. CU's findings reflect the answers of thousands of people who submitted data.

Collapse -
PC World Ratings
by Dan Filice / July 8, 2011 6:02 AM PDT
In reply to: Another Survey

That's a good reference chart from PC World. Interesting that Panasonic rates a tic lower on "Ease of Use" under LG. What?? Is this because Panasonic gives very in-depth menu options for adjusting the picture, whereas LG gives basic menu options? Who are these people (morons) who give the ratings?

Collapse -
Dan
by electronicspimp / July 10, 2011 10:26 AM PDT
In reply to: PC World Ratings

Dan, your comments are starting to annoy me. The reason Panasonic rates lower than LG under ease of use can be due to LG having an innovative remote. If you've used one before, you should know. If you haven't stop licking Panasonic's nuts. Btw that article is over seven months old. A lot has happened since then.

Collapse -
My annoying comments
by Dan Filice / July 11, 2011 5:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Dan

Pimp,

Collapse -
Dan you're a fool
by waggiy / July 11, 2011 12:46 PM PDT
In reply to: My annoying comments

I read what Electronicspimp wrote and hes absolutely right. You said Panasonic rates under LG for "ease of use" and then go on to babble how detailed the 3D interface is on the Panasonic and thats what it should be judged by under "ease of use". What part of "ease of use" do you not understand? Have you even used an LG remote/3D interface? I have. I've also used Vizio's, Pansonic's, Samsung's Sony's (although Vizio's can be improved). Theyre all the pretty much the same as far as options. They have the same exact "picture settings' you mention. All TVs follow a standarized global setting in menu functionality. What is added on after that is completely up to the manufacturer. I'm talking 2D to 3D conversion, backlight control, blur-free, etc. LGs however has a unique set up where you dont have to push any cursor buttons, which is why it received a good rating for "EASE OF USE". It wasnt graded on "Super Duper 3D Interface complexity". And the way you talk about Panasonic being superior over LG is a bias opinion. You don't mention exactly why you prefer the Panasonic over the LG, however I have heard some people do prefer some TVs over others but they back up their opinion with their own input. They dont smily face their way for approval.

Collapse -
lol..
by electronicspimp / July 11, 2011 4:04 PM PDT
In reply to: Dan you're a fool

All this arguing over a menu option lol. Waggiy is right. Mr. Filice, you do need more facts to support your opinions.

Collapse -
Answer
I repair all major brands
by 74f100 / July 8, 2011 7:37 AM PDT

I repair all major brands under warranty.

I would rate LG as a top 3 in reliability, customer support, and replacement parts supply.

I normally won't pay any attention to consumer reports, I have seen too many times that they rate one set as great, and the next to avoid, when they are in fact the same TV with a different brand stamp on the front.

Good luck
Jim

Collapse -
CU Repair Rankings
by PistonCupChampion / July 8, 2011 10:13 AM PDT

CU's ranking of repairs is not subject to testing or subjectivity; it is merely the results of consumer survey.

Collapse -
Re: CR, Agree 500% ;) (n/t)
by Pepe7 / July 9, 2011 3:22 PM PDT

n/t

Collapse -
A little off-topic here, hope you dont mind
by sandeepkor / July 11, 2011 10:37 AM PDT

Hey Jim,

Sorry to be a bit off-topic here - but what would be the other two in the top three according to you?

How does Sharp rank here?

Collapse -
Answer
My thoughts precisely ;) (n/t)
by Pepe7 / July 9, 2011 3:22 PM PDT

n/t

Collapse -
Answer
Thank you guys, but....
by luisie / July 10, 2011 7:30 PM PDT

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> Thanks for your comments guys, but can anyone tell me about how LG's 3D TVs are also, please? I'm asking this because I went to the store the other day and learned there are active and passive 3D TV types so I tried them both with different manufacturers. I personally had a better feeling on Cinema 3D TV from LG, but as you know buying TV is not as same as buying $300 monitor or console so I made my decision thoroughly but still wanted to make sure I made a good choice with you guys. Help me out please!

Collapse -
Answer
Locked.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 12, 2011 5:37 AM PDT

As this has gone south, a lock is now in place.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.