Laptops forum

General discussion

Are Samsung Laptops worth buying..?

by Arunkmr / October 10, 2011 10:50 PM PDT

I bought my Dell laptop during the last summer and i am happy about buying it, and a friend of mine bought a Toshiba laptop with the same configuration but a second generation processor and it cost him a little more.. but recently another friend of mine says that he ordered a Samsung laptop of the same price but of a 750 GB hard disk, 6 GB RAM and everything else remains the same.. I checked with other brands and came to know that only samsung was offering this configuration at this price in my region... So are Samsung laptops worth the pay..?

Price Comparisions:
Dell: Rs 37500 (DOS,i5 450-M,4 GB Ram,500 GB Hdd)
Toshiba:Rs 42500 (Windows 7 home premium,i5 Second generation,4 GB Ram,500 GB Hdd)
Samsung:Rs 40000 (Windows 7 home premium,i5 Second generation,6 GB Ram,750 GB Hdd)
<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Are Samsung Laptops worth buying..?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Are Samsung Laptops worth buying..?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung laptops are getting pretty good rating.
by orlbuckeye / October 10, 2011 11:09 PM PDT

Samsung did have a non-compete ccontract with Dell that must of expired a couple of years ago so they are new to the USA. LG also has a non-compete contract in the USA with Lenova.

Collapse -
But how..
by Arunkmr / October 11, 2011 11:49 PM PDT

How could they offer this at such a low price.. there should be something behind this...

Collapse -
No model numbers.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 11, 2011 1:01 AM PDT

The Samsungs with the aluminum case are very nice. And the series 9 are sought after by those that need such.
Bob

Collapse -
One of the reasons is because
by orlbuckeye / October 19, 2011 3:39 AM PDT

Samsung is one of the few companies that does manufacture their own laptops & laptop components. This results in a lower overhead and reduced prices.

Collapse -
Crap Samsung
by and-so-on / January 4, 2013 3:03 AM PST

i would never recommend samsung in my life, very worst, they never worry about quality,all what they are looking for is just only more margin, i was really really f**ked up by using samsung laptop,
Most Common problems i faced,
Really dead slow, samsung core i5 is less speed than sony vaio p4 processor
USB Port Inactive, (am a control system programmer, i used to connect processors through usb port, they used to go inactive much frequently, so we have to restart whole system again)
etc... and infinity

so dont waste your money and get f**ked up !!!!!!!!!

Collapse -
I used mine with the Microchip ICD
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 4, 2013 3:08 AM PST
In reply to: Crap Samsung

And it was fine. But we did have to go into windows, some control panel and turn off the sleep options. Some folk I encounter call that a maker's bug but here the samsungs are doing fine.

Just last month we picked up a few rv515's and what a deal. Fast enough for dad.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.