1. to my knowledge it does support other languages, but you have to chance the setting, like can't have 2 at once, they might have fixed it in a firmware though
2. you have to pay for the Opera, it's not the regular version for the PC so you can't just download it, but you can use other Wifi functions without buying it.
3. As you might know the Classic's battery life was vastly improved, the 605 has about average battery life for a PVP
At long last I need to upgrade my mp3 player. I am currently trying to decide between the Ipod 160GB classic and the Archos 160GB 605. My previous player was a 4th Gen Ipod that I was totally happy with before it pooped out, so I am fairly confident what I can expect coming out of the classic. The $400 Archos 605 however sounds too good to be true though, so I just had to ask about it.
1) Does it support unicode? This is very important to me since a vast majority of my mp3s have tags in east asian languages.
2) I read that you had to pay extra for a browser just to use its wi-fi. Ech, is this for real? I can't just install opera or something on it?
3) How's the battery life relative to the ipod classic?
4) Can I get a fm transmitter for it so that I can play it in my car?