Phones

Question

Apple lawsuit and the Galaxy S3

by J_Arbegust / August 25, 2012 8:43 AM PDT

Just wondering how the Apple verdict is going to affect the Galaxy S3. I read somewhere that it was only going to affect older phones. That is of course unless the verdict is overturned. Has anyone heard anything?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Apple lawsuit and the Galaxy S3
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Apple lawsuit and the Galaxy S3
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
From what I have heard.....
by birdmantd Forum moderator / August 25, 2012 12:34 PM PDT

....on a CNN report today, it could restrict the types of devices that Samsung can sell in the US. Hard for anyone to really predict with any certainty. Samsung has already publicly that they will appeal the ruling. It won't have as much affect on older devices, mostly the newer models.

Collapse -
WILL THIS LAWSUIT EFFECT SALES????
by doni_brat54 / August 27, 2012 8:42 AM PDT

Does anyone know if this lawsuit will effect/stop the sales of the G -S3???? I have been drooling over this phone for months and I don't want to lose out being able to get one.

Collapse -
Models come and go.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 27, 2012 8:47 AM PDT
Collapse -
WILL THIS LAWSUIT affect the price globally ?
by Bencilal / August 28, 2012 4:33 PM PDT
In reply to: Models come and go.

Any idea how the price will be affected globally because of this law suit ?

Collapse -
Too early to say.....
by birdmantd Forum moderator / August 28, 2012 11:20 PM PDT

Nobody can predict with any certainty yet, only time will tell. It shouldn't affect those devices already in the sales chain, but it will affect new devices introduced globally.

Collapse -
Law suit after effects
by Bencilal / August 29, 2012 2:06 PM PDT
In reply to: Too early to say.....

If the devices are banned in US,there are chances that price of these devices might come down in global market. Lets wait n see....

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.