Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Anyone still in contact with former SE poster

by drpruner / March 22, 2010 12:24 AM PDT

Diane Harrison? Some serious trouble in her bailiwick; hope she's watching her back.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Anyone still in contact with former SE poster
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Anyone still in contact with former SE poster
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) what kind of trouble?
by James Denison / March 22, 2010 1:46 AM PDT
Collapse -
Motorcycle gang, subject of 30 arrests by Riverside
by drpruner / March 22, 2010 2:08 AM PDT
In reply to: what kind of trouble?

County officials, has struck back with public death threats and (so far) three booby-traps on police equipment and sites. She is/was a deputy DA there.

Search news:"riverside county"

Collapse -
Somebody reported quite a while ago
by Angeline Booher / March 22, 2010 4:02 AM PDT

........ that she had lost that job because of revealing details of her cases in her posts. I do not know if that was true, so don't take it as fact. It would have been an unforgivable, underhanded thing to do, to boot.

We join you in hoping for her safety.

Angeline

Collapse -
that is incorrect
by James Denison / March 22, 2010 5:09 AM PDT

she still does the same job, same place, despite any rumors to the contrary.

http://inlandpolitics.com/blog/2010/01/29/sbc-sentinel-law-firm-tracked-at-least-four-ramos-affairs/
Posted January 29, 2010 at 11:46 am
Among the office employees who offered statements to Kraemer and Schaper indicating that Ristow had engaged in activity that was contrary to office policy, inappropriate, disruptive or which in some other fashion merited discipline were investigative technician Bianca Ralston, supervising investigator Bill Sellers, deputy district attorney Denise Yoakum, chief of investigations Michael Smith, and deputy district attorney Diane Harrison.

Collapse -
And it is a 100% lie, Angeline
by Diane Harrison / March 22, 2010 5:20 AM PDT

So I will thank you to quit spreading slander when you have no idea whether it is true or false. Someone saying something false over and over again behind a person's back when they know nothing of it, does not make an accusation more true, nor does it absolve the person repeating it from issues of slander. -Diane

Collapse -
(NT) And that's my buddy Diane.
by danlashea / March 22, 2010 5:31 AM PDT
Collapse -
Easy, counselor; no harm meant, I'm sure.
by drpruner / March 22, 2010 5:46 AM PDT

There was a particular female poster who, I believe, was the proximate cause of your leaving SE. She's gone and not missed by most IMO. Perhaps she spread the original story.

Glad you're still in business. The story I read said a bad guy almost got into a courtroom recently. Got you guys in Kevlar yet?

Has anyone noticed that this is a faint shadow of what is now a daily occurrence in Mexican cities?

Collapse -
I know you meant no harm, Doug
by Diane Harrison / March 22, 2010 6:04 AM PDT

And none was occasioned by YOUR post. You have always been polite in my experience. Whoever started the lie did so whole-cloth since there is not an ounce of truth to it, which makes it all the more malicious. Quite to the contrary, I was the sole chosen representative of both San Bernardino and Riverside counties for all attorneys (selected by peers) at the new millennium conference on formulating and promoting legal ethics at the time this nonsense would have been being concocted.

The courtrooms have metal detectors to prevent the most obvious threats but the budget crisis has been at odds with furthering more extensive prevention. Like everything else in life lately, the best defense is to be watchful for things out of the ordinary.

The violence directly across the U.S. border into Mexico is of constant note in the local newspapers. It is of great concern that the high school and college students on spring break still insist on trying to go to that region to party (and drink). The Aruba incident may have been somewhat isolated, albeit not entirely unpredictable, but the likelihood of someone being kidnapped or worse right across the border now, is such a valid concern, that I am amazed that parents and schools don't do everything within their power to discourage the students from putting themselves in harm's way in that area.

Collapse -
I had in mind violence traveling S to N.
by drpruner / March 23, 2010 7:48 AM PDT

Possibly the gang figures to make a "free trade zone" based on fear of the populace. It's working well in many Mexican border towns.

Collapse -
Hello there!
by Bill Osler / March 22, 2010 12:17 PM PDT

I hadn't seen/heard much about you for a while, but Riverside sure has been in the news.

I hope you are doing well.

Collapse -
Hello, Dr. Bill
by Diane Harrison / March 22, 2010 2:52 PM PDT
In reply to: Hello there!

Nice to hear from you. Hope you and yours are doing well.

Business is unfortunately booming with the bad economy and too few people to handle the work that exists. I'm sure you know that drill. I am doing very well otherwise, and count myself among the blessed who still have a secure job, since so many others out here do not.

You might be interested to know that the way the local governments are cutting some expenses is to cut back the services offered by the HMOs (without prior warning to the consumers at times). I suspect it is much the same all over the country though.

They even stopped the bike riding portion of the L.A. Marathon last weekend, which was going too far in costs savings, according to the bicyclists.

Collapse -
Anyone remember . . .
by Coryphaeus / March 22, 2010 1:28 PM PDT

a few years ago, shortly after I opened my web site and included, by invitation, photos of the members here? And I have a link to CNet there. Someone here reported me to my domain server alleging illegal activities, and reported me to CNet for said link. It took weeks to get it straightened out. I provided all documentation showing permissions from the members for their pictures, and from Lee Koo showing CNet's permission for me to link to CNet. Quite an ordeal. But in a nutshell, someone here started a bunch of crap about me. Never did find out who did it, but I have an idea.

Now, the killer. Time Warner did it's yearly IP address change and now my site is unavailable. Don't know where the problem is. The domain points to my new IP address, but it doesn't hit my server. May be my router going flaky.

Collapse -
Tracert says "unable to resolve target system"
by James Denison / March 22, 2010 3:02 PM PDT
In reply to: Anyone remember . . .

Must be a DNS error somewhere. For wayne2.net? If you have it behind a firewall or router, make sure you have port 80 open to it. Also might look into a dynamic domain name service to keep track of it's IP if your ISP shifts it's IP assignment for you at times.

Collapse -
tracert on wayne2.net
by James Denison / March 22, 2010 3:40 PM PDT

Sorry, I'd run wayne2.com first time. This is tracert for the dot net.

Tracing route to wayne2.net [22.242.238.64]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <10 ms <10 ms <10 ms verizon.home [***.***.***.***]
2 8 ms 7 ms 6 ms L100.BLTMMD-VFTTP-38.verizon-gni.net [173.64.84.1]
3 4-3-338.BLTMMD-LCR-03.verizon-gni.net [130.81.107.204] reports: Destination host
unreachable.

Trace complete.

Collapse -
Badly presented Angeline, a few 'allegedlys" would have been
by Ziks511 / March 22, 2010 8:04 PM PDT

apposite.

Rob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.