Audio & Video Software forum

Anyone Here Own TV Show "Copper" and Having Problems?

by CarolinaPalmetto / November 1, 2012 11:00 AM PDT

I have approximately 75 TV episodes of three different show I have purchased from iTunes. They all sync perfectly in order by air date to my iPod except for a new one. It is the 10th episode of the show and although iTunes shows it in that order, when synced to both of my iPods, it is always in the second position.

I have contacted Apple about this and have been brushed off with links to all sorts of things, but nothing to cover this single issue nor to have been of much use. They have suggested I use their pay-for-advice link. No way.

I have tried zillions of things: completely removing iTunes and re-downloading it, going back to factory settings on my iPod then re-synching again, checking the file/info tab which appears identical to all others of the episodes in this series, synching the episodes (1-10) one at a time from just this one series, and even had iTunes send me a new copy of the show. You name it, I've done it.

Common sense is telling me there is a problem somewhere in iTunes with this file download and it is not my iPods when so many others have and continue to be indexed properly. My iPods aren't even at half capacity, so "overload" can't be part of it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Anyone Here Own TV Show "Copper" and Having Problems?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Anyone Here Own TV Show "Copper" and Having Problems?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
No help but a nod.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 2, 2012 2:14 AM PDT

Yup. I've found issues or bugs in this and other services. Correcting such is not a high priority so maybe you can decide if the product quality is too low for you to keep using.

That is, if your DVDs had incorrect menus, wouldn't you stop buying them and return the ones with bugs?

Collapse -
I'm Getting Ready to Chuck iTunes
by CarolinaPalmetto / November 2, 2012 4:46 AM PDT
In reply to: No help but a nod.

The only advantage to iTunes over purchasing the disc is that you don't have to wait for the whole season to be over before being able to have the episodes available immediately after airing. It's beginning to look like I would be better off with waiting for the DVDs. Don't suppose they'll miss my business as, obviously, everyone who purchased this series must be experiencing the exact same problem but I guess they don't care enough to have contacted iTunes. Either that or iTunes,like you stated, doesn't care enough about whether its customers are happy..

Collapse -
The thing is, you did get the show.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 2, 2012 5:10 AM PDT

It's what the coding and industry calls a cosmetic bug. All the shows are there, they play but it's out of order for some reason. There are folk that can't stand such things. I've seen this happen in Netflix, Amazon and just about every system. That's no excuse but for some folk, these cosmetic issues are too much to accept.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.