Samsung

Question

anyone having problems streaming netflix with blu ray player

by deb5151 / March 25, 2012 9:08 AM PDT

for the last 4 days i have been unable to stream netflix
to my tv. they say there is a glitch with a recent upgrade
by samsung to their blu ray players. i have called them twice and this is what they tell me.
anyone else having this problem?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: anyone having problems streaming netflix with blu ray player
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: anyone having problems streaming netflix with blu ray player
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
similar problems
by Sunphx / March 26, 2012 2:23 AM PDT

I noticed that Samsung BluRay players will not show and find all of the Netflix movies, I did a search on the website on my PC and can find certain titles..the same search on the BDP does not find the same titles.

Collapse -
similar problems
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 26, 2012 10:33 AM PDT
In reply to: similar problems

deb5151 -

Streaming is working with Netflix for all players that I'm aware of. What model do you have, and which region are you inquiring from?

Sunphx,

The movie selection is chosen exclusively by Netflix, and they determine which titles are stream only, and which are "disc at a time" selections. Not all movies are available, but that applies to all Netflix ready devices.

--HDTech

Collapse -
BDP 5500 in Canada
by Sunphx / March 26, 2012 12:11 PM PDT

No sorry ..I have come across this more than once..movies are available and I can watch them on my PC...but search for the same title on the Samsung BRP and no luck. I called them and they admitted there was a problem.. That was in November. the problem still exists.

I think it's time Samsung and Netflix pulled up their socks..or at least quit advertising that their products are compatible....because they aren't.

I give up using by BRP and simply plug my laptop into the HDMI.

Collapse -
Too
by trillian67 / March 25, 2014 12:07 PM PDT
In reply to: BDP 5500 in Canada

Experience this constantly, anyone who says they have no prob w/Samsung Bluray & netflix MUST be a samsung employee!

Collapse -
I too have the same problem with respect to the streaming.
by infosystech / April 18, 2012 12:29 AM PDT

Model Code: BD-D5500-ZA
Software Version: BSP-D5500ZA-1025.0
Region:US-NC

The problem is in the app. We have used this both wired and wirelessly, before the problem and now after the problem. It is constantly buffering, and dropping the connection to netflix. I am able to use netflix without issues on the Wii and computers.

Collapse -
samsung is the problem
by dslreader / April 18, 2012 1:01 PM PDT

My Panasonic bluray does not have the buffering problem but my Samsung does every time. We would appreciate it if Samsung would respect their customer's intelligence. Most are tech savvy and know what we are talking about. Reports of this problem goes back to over a year ago. Like someone else said, pull up your socks and fix this. You have lost a Samsung customer here. Also get Amazon onto a streaming agreement. It's ridiculous that Amazon Prime is not an option with Samsung.

Collapse -
Agree - samsung is the issue
by BillyJ2112 / May 14, 2012 7:12 AM PDT
In reply to: samsung is the problem

I agree 100% that the netflix software on samsung bluray is an issue. I can watch netflix on my sony bluray player at all times without an issue. If i watch during prime time on either of my samsung blueray players it rebuffers every 5 minutes. The sony software is more elegantly designed IMO. One more plus, sony comes with software for the major services like vudu, hulu, but also includes AMAZON.

Collapse -
Samsung blue ray not streaming Netflix
by Cspetson / July 9, 2012 2:30 AM PDT

I have a Samsung Bd-p1600 and since installing a firmware update yesterday I can't stream on Netflix. Samsung says its a Netflix issue and visa versa

Collapse -
And it could be other things too.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 9, 2012 2:40 AM PDT

It's one of those issues where it can be both companies as well as our home network and our ISP.

Be sure not to tag older discussions as they may be out of date or about a fixed issue.
Bob

Collapse -
CONSTANTLY!
by trillian67 / March 25, 2014 12:10 PM PDT

I have the same problem DAILY, new Samsung Bray & new Sam tv, will NEVER buy samsung again!!!!!!!!

Collapse -
Answer
SAMSUNG- BD-C-8500 BLUE RAY PLAYER
by millrags / July 5, 2012 1:46 AM PDT

I have had this blue ray player since the last 2 years or so and I have always had problems streaming netflix or any app as for that matter. We thought it was the DSL internet that we had then. Recently we switched to comcast but the same problem persists. I didnt watch a lot of movies on Netflix but lately I have been watching old shows and the kids always complain that the internet has slowed down.
There have been numerous updates since then and I always thought well this update might do it but after reading this thread I think this was a faulty player to begin with. Should have dumped it long time ago!!
Now i have stream from PS3 and/or Xbox without any issues.

This was a bad product to begin with.

Collapse -
Answer
yes same problem

yes i have been unable to connect to netflix and the netflix help desk only say they are working to fix the problem.

Collapse -
Re: yes same problem
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 12, 2014 7:40 AM PDT
In reply to: yes same problem

Hi antoniomrtz,

I'm very sorry to hear that has happened. In order for me to help you most accurately, please provide the complete model code for this device.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
I have the same problem too
by Swlinn / July 17, 2014 10:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: yes same problem

I finally signed up for Netflix and can't watch a movie uninterrupted for more than 5 minutes. My model code BD-E5700-ZA s/w code BSP-E5700WWB-1018.0, very frustrating.

Steve

Collapse -
Please top post.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 17, 2014 10:46 AM PDT

There are many discussions about this so let's get your very own new post.
Bob

This thread is more than 844 days old.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.