Headphones & Mp3 Players

Question

Anyone have a working DMC xclef 500 80gig, or 100gig?

by bth73 / June 28, 2012 7:10 AM PDT

My xclef 80gig hard drive wore out after about 45,000 hours of use over 8 years. I saved the system files from the disk and transfered them to a 100gig partition on a 160gig hard drive I had. And it worked, but had some issues. So I bought the only 100gig IDE 2.5" drive I could find, a Fujitsu mhu2100at, and tried the same thing, but this time it did not work. The xclef will turn on , but nothing else. Tried holding the menu button like for bios update, but nothing. Thinking either the formatting is wrong, (not the fat32 part-something else), or maybe some files are corrupt.
Anybody got a disk image I could get a copy of? Or a working xclef you want to sell?
Thanks, Bruce - bth73@juno.com

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Anyone have a working DMC xclef 500 80gig, or 100gig?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Anyone have a working DMC xclef 500 80gig, or 100gig?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I have one which used to be my father-in-laws
by stuarse / November 5, 2012 8:17 PM PST

Hi,
I have a HD500, it was left after my father-in-law died. I have never switched it on, don't know where the usb cable is or charger.
I can sell it to you 'sold as seen' if you fancy risking it?
I'll also have a look through the millions of cables he also left to see if I can boot it up with another usb cable.
If is does end up working i'll probably stick it on ebay.
Cheers

Collapse -
xclef hd 500
by bth73 / November 10, 2012 11:50 AM PST

Thanks for the reply. I am interested, but right now I have no extra funds. If you do not sell by the end of the year, by then I should have more money. Just reply to this thread again, and I'll get back to you.
Happy hollidays

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.