HP forum

General discussion

Anyone else having issues with the Pavilion dv7-6154nr?

by StarKateMC / June 30, 2012 11:52 AM PDT

Just wanted to know if anyone else has/is having so many issues (hardware mainly) with the Pavilion dv7-6154nr or did I just get a lemon? dv7 was purchased in July 2011 and has had ongoing hardware issues. I have had to send it back to HP for repairs. They supposedly replaced the motherboard and WLAN. When I got the computer back there was EXTENSIVE physical damage. The keyboard was "bubbled" up, when I went to put the battery in I noticed the chassis was melted at the points of contact, battery voltage was wrong, the screws on bottom of computer were completely loose, speaker was visibly out of alignment, and there were huge scratches on both top and bottom of computer. Needless to say I was dumbfounded. Have called HP to let them know and am expecting a call back from complaint dept. Thought I might get a few "reviews" or opinions from fellow dv7 owners.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Anyone else having issues with the Pavilion dv7-6154nr?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Anyone else having issues with the Pavilion dv7-6154nr?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Not a dv7 but another model.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 30, 2012 12:02 PM PDT

Sadly HP lost me as they broke my HP laptop in repair. I found an issue, spent 8+ hours on the phone and they took it in. Got it back and it would lock up in 5 minutes. Not acceptable so I thought no big deal until HP told me "we've done all we can."

This at 3 months into a 1 year warranty. 9 months later a HP social rep noticed me telling this story but HP can't fix it now since after all those calls, surveys and more I still had a dead laptop.

The message was clear so I gave it away and moved on. I figured they would have to deal with this story for a few years.
Bob

Collapse -
Losing my sense of loyalty..so disappointing.
by StarKateMC / June 30, 2012 1:05 PM PDT

I have been a loyal HP customer for many years. In fact, I have only ever owned HP computers. In the past year, and as recent as 2 weeks ago, I have purchased 3 Pavilion notebooks. Bought my husband's dv7 in 07/11, my dv6 in 08/11 and my son's dv7 (a slightly different version than my husband's) 2 weeks ago. I am currently considering returning my son's dv7 after this catastrophe with the repair damage to the other dv7. He is starting his first year of college in August and computer was a graduation gift. I do not want to send him off with a computer that has the potential to cause quite a headache. It goes without saying, he will have more important things to be focused on than a computer. Then there is the idea that he could be in the middle of writing some important paper or other school work and the computer crashes or whatever the issue may be, and he loses his data. That idea, of causing added pressure, in my son's first year of college does not sit well with me. So, do I err on the side of caution and return the dv7 and purchase a laptop made by another company?
And I have always considered HP's reputation superior to most.... now, not so much. I simply could not be more disappointed.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.