Cameras forum

General discussion

anyone deal with http://www.digitaldepotonline.com/

by trx680 / December 16, 2011 8:21 AM PST
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: anyone deal with http://www.digitaldepotonline.com/
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: anyone deal with http://www.digitaldepotonline.com/
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Difficult.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / December 16, 2011 8:40 AM PST

I know nothing about cameras and I am only responding to your question about this site, is it legit?

Others here may know specifically.

But I looked at their About Us link. It's strange.

"Who we are
We are committed to provide best pricing with even better customer service, our staff have more than 50 years expreience with Film, Digital and Video Equipment."

Our staff have more than 50 years in...

That suggests that they have been in business for more than 50 years, and yet they are an online shop, no bricks and mortar. Or, it means literally that the staff have 50 years of experience between them. Slightly better but of course if they had 10 staff, that would only be 5 years each.

No customer reviews on their site, although they can always be 'manufactured' anyway. Returns Policy - within 30 days and with the original packaging. Presumably if you put a step wrong, no matter how small, they will refuse to refund.

I see other Canon 7D for £747 upwards, (around $1,161.00), so their prices are really very low. That alone makes me suspicious. I would have to wonder about that.

Mark

Collapse -
Fishy.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 16, 2011 8:40 AM PST

Why? did you ever find their address?

Collapse -
address?
by trx680 / December 16, 2011 10:43 AM PST
In reply to: Fishy.

never did see their address on there.

Collapse -
(NT) That's a bad sign they are trying to hide from us.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 16, 2011 10:46 AM PST
In reply to: address?
Collapse -
Yep.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / December 16, 2011 9:17 PM PST
In reply to: address?

No bricks and mortar makes this a non-established site. I wonder where all those staff are situated?

Mark

Collapse -
(NT) Thanks!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 17, 2011 1:24 AM PST
In reply to: See link!
Collapse -
digitaldepotonline.com a total scam
by hjcarlson / April 23, 2012 11:34 AM PDT

I just received my order of Nikon d100 with 18-105mm Nikon lens. The camera came in a white box containing a brown box and the camera rattling around inside packed in a plastic bag. The white box had a label on the outside "Nikon D5100 Body" and nothing else. The serial # indicates a Gray Market body even though the salesman made a big point of avoiding gray market stuff. The lens came in a white box and was packed with only a plastic bag, and the lens hood and pouch were crammed into the box so that the box would not even close. The lens # does say US so I assume it is not gray market. But - I paid for new merchandise and from the wrappings I obviously did not get new merchandise. Furthermore there is no warranty card or anything I have seen that even hints at such a thing. I had previously tried to cancel this order and was told on April 6 that the order had already shipped (this was the next morning) and therefore couldn't cancel the order. Then I got an email on April 16 stating that they had just shipped the order. When it came today it even came from a different company "The Camera Shop" in Brooklyn, NY. I will not entertain you in relating how they said the lens had a steel mount (New Nikon lens) and how the technology would extend it out to 266mm. Yes I was dumb, but now angry enough not to let this drop. Howard Carlson

Collapse -
THESE GUYS ARE BUMS......
by mikeyzgman / June 27, 2012 9:22 AM PDT

My lens came in a white box. It was to be U.S. This is as gray as you can get. The word nikon was not even on the box. One large box (too big for the lens) with my lens rolling in a white box inside it. Apparently, shipping peanuts must be at an all time high. When it arrives the nikon 18-200 lens does not work. They will not exchange it, we now must send it back to nikon. DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE JERKS FROM NEW YORK CITY, THEY STATED 14 TO 21 DAYS TO SEND THE LENS. THEY TOOK THE PAYMENT IMMEDIATELY. SENT OUT THE LENS AT THERE CONVENIENCE. we called the number for service it is a recorded message it says open from 10 to 6pm. When we called it is now open only from 11 to 5. THEY are the reason people like us have an attitude with unseen faces. They are the sons of the jackal.

Collapse -
DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE GUYS
by mikeyzgman / June 27, 2012 9:09 AM PDT

bought a NEW, NOT REFURB 18-200 nikon FOR 7000D, we did not buy "their" extended warranty on the lens. from the first day the AUTOFOCUS does not work (what a coincidence!). they will not take it back. They made us send it to nikon. Who knows how long that will take. REPEAT DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS.

Collapse -
Bait and switch
by go2rgo2raquelaquel / July 3, 2012 2:00 AM PDT
Collapse -
digitaldepotonline
by Stargazer_1 / November 12, 2012 12:17 AM PST

These people are crooks. I dealt with them about a year ago and was treated to the bait-and-switch routine. I didn't lose a lot of money, but I now make sure to check out every online seller, particularily if they seem odd or too cheap.

They have New York/New Jersey accents, talk very fast, and can be very rude. Keep this in mind: they continuously add new websites to keep themselves from too much scrutiny. However the website headings generally look like this:

Monday-Thursday 10:00am - 6:00pm
Friday 10:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday - Closed
Sunday - 10:30am - 5:00pm
About Us | Customer Service | My Account | My Cart (0) Items

Collapse -
scam company
by hoangfuong / February 7, 2013 4:13 AM PST
In reply to: digitaldepotonline

I ordered a Nikon camera in Nov 2012, They call back and said out of stock, will have in Feb 2013. Today I call them and again I gave them my order number and they said don't have record order and again tell me 3 more weeks.
I suspect just a scam company.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.