Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Anyone buy the Connect 3D 2gb SD card that was free recently

by tech_fantatic / May 24, 2007 1:54 PM PDT

Back in February it was one of the Deal of the Day's on Cnet's homepage. It was 2gb sd card and was free after a $50 mail in rebate. It had to be purchased through Buy.com

I bought it, didn't really need it, but couldn't pass it up. I submitted the form on February 15 and still have not received my rebate.

It says my form was received an is being processed.

I just wanted to see if anyone else has received it yet or if I need to call.

Thanks

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Anyone buy the Connect 3D 2gb SD card that was free recently
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Anyone buy the Connect 3D 2gb SD card that was free recently
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Nope...
by Lucky Bob / May 28, 2007 5:55 AM PDT

I sent in for the rebate on the 1gb SD card ($30), but the situation is the same for all Buy.com customers who purchased Connect3D SD cards. The rebates are MIA...

Check out the complaints here:

http://www.fatwallet.com/t/54/713342/

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&p=6671215

http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=22488

I also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau on May 11th, and Connect3D has yet to respond. Others have taken similiar steps, and Connect3D has just ignored them.

You can file a complaint about Connect3D here:

BBB: http://www.bbbsilicon.org/complaintsearch.html

FTC: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/alerts/rebatealrt.shtm

And with your local state attorney general. If enough people get on this, something is bound to happen.

Collapse -
That's crazy
by tech_fantatic / May 28, 2007 7:56 AM PDT
In reply to: Nope...

I can't believe that a company would do this when such a large seller was behind them. With Buy.com selling it and sites like Cnet advertising it, you would think they would be smart enough to honor what they offered.

Plus, they made it so you really can't do anything about it, taking the UPC and then Buy.com having a short return policy.

When did you file your rebate? Perhaps they are just a little behind with getting them out, maybe too many people bought or something.

I was questioning getting it too, you know the whole "too go to be true" situation. But, when I seen Buy.com and Cnet behind it I thought I would be okay. I don't mind paying since I did get the product, but this is something I could have paid around $15 for when I found a good sale, that is where I become a little upset.

Well, thanks for letting me know the situation. I will file a claim tonight and keep my fingers crossed!

Collapse -
Yeah...
by Lucky Bob / May 28, 2007 9:11 AM PDT
In reply to: That's crazy

I filed my rebate a week or two before the end of February. So yeah, it's been well past the ten weeks they promised. You can check the status of your rebate here:

http://www.rebate-zone.com/Connect3D

And yes Steve, the rebate is through Connect3D. They originally handled the rebates themselves, but then they outsourced the job to Rebate Zone because of the amount of submissions.

Collapse -
I've been watching the progress of my and it still says
by tech_fantatic / May 28, 2007 9:41 AM PDT
In reply to: Yeah...

processing. It seems weird they would even put it there if they had not intentions of sending them anyway.

Have you called yet? I haven't had the time to call, which is why I posted the question when I had a minute the other day.... Wasn't sure if anyone knew what they said when asked.

If I find anything out I will let you know!

Collapse -
by Lucky Bob / May 28, 2007 10:04 AM PDT

I haven't called them yet. From what others have said, neither Connect3D nor Rebate Zone will be much help. I guess they don't pick up their phones...

Collapse -
Buy coms rating
Collapse -
I've used Buy.com several times now....
by tech_fantatic / May 28, 2007 9:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Buy coms rating

Off the top of my head I can remember at least 4 or 5 times and probably more. I've always been really happy with them, quick, good prices, etc.

Of course, I've never really had a problem or issue that I needed to return something or call or anything like that.

Maybe I will stay clear of them from now on.... I didn't know they were so bad.

Thanks!

Collapse -
Personally...
by Lucky Bob / May 28, 2007 10:01 AM PDT

I have used them before too, and I've always been pretty much satisfied with them. Although I had a good experience with their customer support, others seem to have not...

Collapse -
They could be ok now but I won't risk it
by Steven Haninger / May 28, 2007 11:20 AM PDT

after 3 bad experiences in a row. It was at a time they were changing carriers in order to save money. They had dropped UPS and FedEx in favor of another. I had one shipment completely lost but my credit card charged. They blamed the carrier but didn't offer much help in my resolving the issue with them. It was finally determined that the item was never shipped in the first place....OOPS!! I got my merchandise several weeks late. The wait wouldn't have been a big deal other than the item was a gift for an event that passed. My issue was with the varying stories I got from customer service until someone finally figured out the problem. That was the third and final time I ordered from them. The other issues were related to wrong or incomplete shipments. One, I suspect, was a returned item that was sent to me as factory new. It had obviously been opened (they say they open boxes for "inspection") but a necessary special cable was missing. I asked them to either let me buy the cable locally and have them credit my account or send me the proper cable. They would not do this but said I had to return the merchandise and they'd send me another once they'd verified the problem. The shipment was to be at my expense until they could verify my complaint. I suppose that's just the way it goes with e-tail. Buy com was good at first but went bust. They were resurrected with by new ownership and were ok for a while but things went down hill. You can see from the reseller ratings review that not many are as happy as you are. I've been very pleased with a couple other places with which I've had no problems at all.

Collapse -
Connect 3 2GB Card

I too bought this and I think we are out $50.00!!!! Anyone with any ideas??

Collapse -
I wish I had some ideas
by tech_fantatic / June 5, 2007 12:47 AM PDT
In reply to: Connect 3 2GB Card

I've still not had a chance to call them, but I plan to do it.

Like I said, I don't mind paying for it, I needed it anyway. But, I could have bought the same card for around $15 or $20 during several different sales.

Cnet is how I found out about the rebate, I wonder if they got theirs back? Maybe they would have a little more pull than us... But, who knows!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.