Samsung forum

Resolved Question

Anynet+ stops working on Samsung TV with a Sony Home Theater

by CarlosChias / December 13, 2012 4:30 PM PST

I just got a Samsung UN40ES6500 and when I first hooked it up Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) configured automatically and worked fine, but it suddnely stopped working, it came back when I swaped the HDMI cables but it just stopped again.

I have a Sony BD 3D Home Theater system connected to the TV and a PS3 connected to the Home Theater.

When I try to search for devices it says "No device is found", I've tried every menu, updating software, factory settings, rebooting a thousand times, changing HDMI ports and nothing has worked, any idea on how to fix this? I've heard that some cables might not work, is there any special HDMI cable I have to get?

Any info will be much appreciated, I've been stuck for days Sad

CarlosChias has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Anynet+ stops working on Samsung TV with a Sony Home Theater
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Anynet+ stops working on Samsung TV with a Sony Home Theater
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by CarlosChias

Collapse -
Re: Anynet+ stops working on Samsung TV with Sony
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 13, 2012 11:30 PM PST

Hi CarlosChias,

I am sorry to hear that this isn't working, but unfortunately, we can't guarantee that non-Samsung products will work with Anynet+.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Anynet+ stops working on Samsung TV with Samsung Blu Ray
by hcgamsy / December 17, 2012 12:08 AM PST

Dear Brand Ambassador,

I have the same issue with Samsung Blu Ray player. I have Samsung BD-D5500, 3D Blu Ray player. Now it does not connect with my Samsung UN40D6600 TV.

Earlier it was work with Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) automatically and worked fine, but it suddenly stopped working. When I try to search for devices it says "No device is found", I've tried every menu. Please help!

I hope it is the issue of my TV, Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) connection. Because when I connect a USB device (HDD or Flash Drive) to the TV the result is same. Please help me! (Earlier these connection was ok)

Now I am unable to watch movies on my TV.

Collapse -
Re: Anynet+ stops working on Samsung TV with Samsung Blu Ray
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 17, 2012 6:58 AM PST

Hi hcgamsy,

Sorry to hear about this. I'm going to post a bunch of questions in a row, if you don't mind.

Can you check the model code on the TV? (I couldn't find it.)
Have you checked the Blu-ray player to make sure Anynet+ is turned on for it?
Have you tried resetting the TV yet to factory settings?

HD Tech

Collapse -
by hcgamsy / December 18, 2012 8:00 PM PST

Hi,

Please find the below answers for your inquiries.

TV Model No: UA40D6600
Model Code: UA40D6600WRXZN
Version: CN01

Blu Ray Model: BD-D5500
Model Code: BD-D5500/ZN

Yes. I have checked the Anynet+ in Blu Ray and TV both are on.

Have you tried resetting the TV yet to factory settings?
No. I do not know how to do it. Please advice me to do.

Regards,
hcgamsy

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 18, 2012 11:52 PM PST
Collapse -
by hcgamsy / December 19, 2012 11:55 PM PST

Hi,

Yes. This model is purchased from UAE.

I will reset the system as you advice.

However, I tried to contact UAE support but they are saying "This product is no longer available". Hence I am unable to contact support from UAE.

Thanking for your support.
Regards,

Collapse -
by hcgamsy / January 1, 2013 10:51 PM PST

Hi,

"or the TV, the factory reset is here: Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset"

There is no such a sub-menu in my TV. It has only two sub- menus called "Test Audio" and "Test Picture" under the "Self Diagnosis" menu.

Please advice.

(If you like. Since I was unable to contact UAE supportyet)

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 3, 2013 11:02 PM PST

Hi hcgamsy,

Sorry, as I said, I recommend contacting the UAE for more in-depth support, since I don't have any more info than you do. Here's the UAE support phone #: 800-7267864

HD Tech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.