Samsung forum

General discussion

anynet does not WORK

by RRTJP / September 14, 2009 10:48 PM PDT

I can not seem to get the anynet function to work. I have a new ln40b640 TV hooked up with the new HT-BD8200, and no matter what I do I can not get the 8200 to play with anynet turned on!! I get sound but NO PICTURE, I get a error msg on the screen. I go into the tools menu from the tv remote and pick anynet+ the 8200 is recogized I pick it it tries to switch over but all I get is sound and no picture, at the top of the tv screen it says HDMI3(which is the correct source) but it also has an error msg mode not supported (I think thats the msg). With the anynet feature turned off I have no problem, I just use the remote for the 8200 for everything. Any thoughts to why I cant use the tv remote with the anynet feature turned on??? Trying to setup the anynet function very, very frustrating.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: anynet does not WORK
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: anynet does not WORK
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
anynet does not WORK
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 15, 2009 3:47 PM PDT
In reply to: anynet does not WORK

RRTJP,

The symptoms you describe sound like you don't have an HDMI v.1.3 certified cable. Is it possible your cable is a 1.2 or lower?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Experiencing same problem _with_ certified HDMI 1.3 cable
by Cicero321 / October 27, 2009 10:48 PM PDT

I have experienced the exact same problem as this user reports. I have the UE40B7070 LED TV together with HT-BD8200. Had immense troubles in the start - but at least after upgrading firmware on both the TV and the 8200 - the "mode not supported" message does not appear as long as I am careful to turn on the system (with AnyNet) using the HT-BD8200 remote, and not the TV remote (but the error message still appears if I use the TV remote - pretty ridiculous, but that's how it is.)

And yes, I am using a certified HDMI 1.3 cable.

Apart from that I am very pleased with the TV, and rather pleased with the HT-BD8200 (for what it is). If the next firmware release (I sincerely hope there will be one - it needs it) contains an easy-to-use equaliser (which would be no problem as there's already a DSP in the box), then I'd give the HT-BD8200 4 out 5 stars. Now, without an equaliser it hasn't quite reached its natural potential, as - even if it plays e.g. BlueRay's and DVD's usually very beautifully (after the first firmware-upgrade, that is Wink ) - when using the optical audio in from the TV, there is no way to equalise the audio signal (which can be a problem, as TV stations are not always that good to provide optimal equalisation of their audio).

So, don't be hesitant to push even more firmware updates for the HT-BD8200, and it will become what it aspires to be - a product in a class of its own Wink BTW: The YouTube app on the 8200 is fairly good - but please include the ability to toggle HD/non-HD versions of the movies in your next firmware upgrade. The only way to play "HD" movies from YouTube now is to play movies that are "HD-only"...

Collapse -
HT-BD8200 and Anynet DEFINITELY do not work
by mzriley114 / December 11, 2009 9:15 AM PST

I too have been pulling my hair out since receiving my sound bar back in the beginning of Sept ... I even had mine sent in for repair ... they updated firmware, replaced the fan motor because they thought mine was too loud, and replaced the printed circuit board. I have to say, the sound I'm getting from it is much better now but STILL it will not work, just gives "MODE NOT SUPPORTED" if anynet is turned on on my PN58B650.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE address this with a f/w update or advise what we can do to get this to work. I've tried a ton of different cables, all v1.3 cat 2 and it's definitely not a cable issue, it's a problem with Anynet.

On a small side note, since the f/w update, I can't give a thumbs up or thumbs down in Pandora .. I get the circle with the slash through it icon if I try voting with the A or B button. Not sure if anyone else is having that problem.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.