Android forum

Question

Anybody who has used 32-64GB micro sd on Samsung Galaxy 3?

by 1rpkumar / September 8, 2012 11:40 PM PDT

I have seen two variants of these cards over the web. Class 4 which has 4MB/s Write speed and Class 10 which has about 20MB/s Write speed.

Have even heard that the bigger micro SDs are slowing down the device. Is it not the case? Has anybody used it and how is the performance??

Looking for the bigger micro SDs as I am really not sure about the file size of the the best encoding format(AVI I guess) when an MKV HD file(about 14GB Size) is converted to play in Samsung Galaxy S3. Please throw some light on this as well!!!!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Anybody who has used 32-64GB micro sd on Samsung Galaxy 3?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Anybody who has used 32-64GB micro sd on Samsung Galaxy 3?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Micro sd
by pgc3 / September 9, 2012 12:24 AM PDT

The larger capacity variations are SDHC cards.

Collapse -
Answer
So far, 32GB cards all around.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 9, 2012 2:15 AM PDT

Bigger drives are classically slower for the usual reasons. Not to upset you, but how new are you to computers in general.

My first big machine was some Xenix machine where we had to keep directories (folk today call them folders) to 32 or less files each to keep the speed up.

Do you recall why?
Bob

Collapse -
Nice
by 1rpkumar / September 9, 2012 2:27 AM PDT

Right!!! Even my first PC was a 386 System which had 5.1 and 3.44 Floppy drives...As the time passed by, we even have 3TB External Hard drives.

Same with the mobile phones...where the first break through mobile like Nokia 6600 could only support MMCs of size 512MB and now we are seeing the bigger ones. Just wanted to know how the device S3 is performing with the 32GB variant.

Collapse -
I have access to too many Android things.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 9, 2012 2:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Nice

These are not mine but at the office where we work on porting apps. While we don't have the S3 today I've seen little difference between models. But with exceptions.

What exceptions? We had a few of those no-name android tablets (junk things?) and those had really odd issues. Including sluggish miniSD write speeds. Read speeds were fast enough that we never gave it any thought.
Bob

Collapse -
Going with it then!!!
by 1rpkumar / September 9, 2012 2:44 AM PDT

So I can go with the 32GB model without any further doubts????

Collapse -
Sorry if my answer sounds bad or worse.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 9, 2012 4:18 AM PDT
In reply to: Going with it then!!!

The 32GB minisd card price has fallen to a point that almost every device at home and office uses that size. I'm sure there are folk itching for more but for now 32GB is the safe spot to get one in there.

You still encounter folk that have 5 to 6 figures of CDs they want to carry with them so for those folk they need a HDD based unit.
Bob

Collapse -
Thanks
by 1rpkumar / September 9, 2012 4:33 AM PDT

+1

Collapse -
Answer
About 32-64GB micro sd slots
by robertlee749 / September 17, 2012 8:58 PM PDT

Hey,
I have also scenes there is difference between the big sd and micro sd cards, but i thought that the process is slow when you are using high capacity memory cards is not a right answer, and another thing the low capacity sd cards are fast, this is also not absolute answer in my sense, why because its depend upon the o.s which product are you using and which process your product will contained like that...

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.