Phones forum

General discussion

Any way to transfer voice mail message on cell phone to...

by ticktie / February 23, 2007 8:27 AM PST

some other tape/cd/file? My friend has a Verizon phone; her mother who just passed away recently left her a voice mail message on her cell phone. She wants to transfer that voice mail somehow , so that she can keep it for memory.

She tried to put it next to a tape recorder, but the result was not that good. Ideally, like to not degrade the sound/recorded quality.

Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Any way to transfer voice mail message on cell phone to...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Any way to transfer voice mail message on cell phone to...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Might depend on the phone.
by Kees Bakker / February 23, 2007 6:27 PM PST

Most phones come with software (either on CD or downloadable and sometimes you even have to pay for it) that allows you to transfer data from the phone to a PC (by USB-cable or IR wireless or Bluetooth wireless). That data might be ringtones or pictures or movies or mp3's or the address book or the text of SMS's or recorded phone calls or recorded messages like this one.
Nothing can be said about the possibilities without knowing exactly what phone it is.

And there's always the possibility that the voice mail message doesn't reside on the phone itself, but somewhere on the Verizon-network. That's certainly the case if it's a message of the "Hi, this is me, my phone is off at moment, please speak your message after the beep" type, because a phone that's off won't do anything and certainly won't deliver a message.
If the message isn't on the phone itself, there's no way to get it from there. All you can do then is to contact Verizon customer support and ask if they can send you the sound file from their network, before cancelling the subscription (and thus deleting it).

Hope this helps.

Kees

Collapse -
The message in question
by PudgyOne / February 23, 2007 7:51 PM PST

is in the Verizon network.

I do NOT use Verizon but some other networks only keep the messages for 30 days, some more and some less. I would try accessing the voice message using a speaker phone and then try recording it to a tape recorder or some other device.

I can access my voicemail message from a home phone. I use the home speaker phone to listen to them. Unknown if you can get that lucky or not, depends if you know the passkey. I dial my cell number, when the message comes on then hit * sometime two or three times, it will then prompt you with the questions that you need the answers to, number, passkey, etc.

Good Luck,

Rick

Collapse -
Verizon voice mail archival
by CarlosRamirez50 / March 2, 2007 2:07 AM PST
Collapse -
Voicemail to email
by clintgrover / December 15, 2009 1:12 PM PST

I'm subscribe to this good telecommunication service wherein it offers a free voicemail to email service. Actually, it is a unified messaging system wherein I can retrieve any messages on my cellphone, phone or online account. What is good about it is that it is free for every voicemail messages received or retrieved.

Collapse -
Great app for getting voicemails off of network & into MP3
by helpfulhinter1 / October 29, 2010 10:15 AM PDT

This is the best application I have found so far to get high quality recordings of your VMs off of Verizon's network. http://bit.ly/ajJvRN

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.