PC Applications forum

General discussion

Any utilities that enable you to print from Kindle PC app?

by qqqq88 / July 18, 2010 1:46 AM PDT

I have the Kindle for PC app, I noticed there is no print function. Is there any way to print this? Convert it to pdf?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Any utilities that enable you to print from Kindle PC app?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Any utilities that enable you to print from Kindle PC app?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
No.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 18, 2010 1:53 AM PDT

It's a reader, not a printer or a device you install apps on.

Yes, I own one.
Bob

Collapse -
Ok
by qqqq88 / July 18, 2010 2:33 AM PDT
In reply to: No.

Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify though I am not talking about the Kindle itself, I am talking about the Kindle software called Kindle for PC that you download and install on your computer.

Collapse -
Sorry, same answer
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / July 18, 2010 8:54 PM PDT
In reply to: Ok

I have the "Kindle for PC" from Amazon, and the answer is the same.

"Can I print or make annotations and highlights on Kindle for PC?

You can make and view highlights and notes in your books using the Kindle for PC application. The Kindle for PC application doesn't offer the ability to print content, clip text, shop from within the application or search within a book. Text-to-Speech and dictionary look-up are also not available with the Kindle for PC application".

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200388510/ref=kcp_pc_menu

Printing is not available.

Mark

Collapse -
an I print or make annotations and highlights on Kindle for
by bazaar62 / July 29, 2011 9:04 AM PDT
In reply to: Sorry, same answer

I was looking for a solution for the same thing. I just wanted to print off the table of contents to keep my thoughts organized. You might want to try Gadwin PrintScreen. Its free, very good, and you can just set the output to the printer.Worked for me.

Collapse -
(NT) Be aware a years later, things change.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 15, 2011 9:05 PM PST
In reply to: No.
Collapse -
There might be a way
by beard113 / May 17, 2011 8:26 AM PDT

I was concerned about this printing issue myself, you can try this.
Highlight whatever you want to print on the Kindle itself. Then plug the Kindle into your computer, and there should be a file that contains all of your notes and highlights in word format. You can just print that and there you go.
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but that's what I do when I want to print sections from books that I've read.

Collapse -
Gadwin PrintScreen
by bazaar62 / July 29, 2011 9:07 AM PDT

Try Gadwin PrintScreen, its free and solved this problem for me. Just change the output to printer.

Collapse -
Gadwin PrintScreen
by indebele / November 8, 2011 5:12 PM PST
In reply to: Gadwin PrintScreen

Thanks so much for this tip! I am absolutely delighted! The only thing clouding my, unexpected, new found delighted of electronic books, was not being able to photocopy portions to use away from the computer as a 'working copy' for non-fiction / working books (can't find a good translation for the German : Sachbuch), but thanks again.

Collapse -
If you buy Lview you can.
by _CAPTAIN_ / December 6, 2011 5:58 PM PST

Get the app lview and then do a screen print and paste it to lview. You can then print whatever you want.

Collapse -
Very Helpful!
by bj_ols / December 30, 2011 7:19 AM PST

Thank you so much! This was exactly what I needed. ~BJ

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.