TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Any one heard of a Viore Plasma Monitor ? SamsClub

by geejayo / April 16, 2005 11:55 PM PDT

I am looking for a good deal on a plasma tv. I run into Sams Club web site and saw this plasma monitor but never heard of the brand and can't find it anywhere on the web.
The plasma 42 inch is called Viore.

Any info out there ????????????????????

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Any one heard of a Viore Plasma Monitor ? SamsClub
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Any one heard of a Viore Plasma Monitor ? SamsClub
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Cheap Plasmas just that CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by mmolnar / April 18, 2005 7:00 AM PDT

Please don't buy a cheap plasma. They are just that CHEAP. I can't even tell you how many times I have had to go out and just tell someone they need a new screen. The parts are about $1000.00 so the money you save now will be spent later. There are alot of companies that are decent that have good prices. Check out LG or let me know if you need help.

Collapse -
Who makes the display?
by geejayo / April 18, 2005 11:42 AM PDT

Thanks for the reply. Who makes the display for the Viore monitor? I looked at one and the 1024 x 1024 was really good. What display's are giving problems and I will find out who makes the display screen before I buy any Monitor.

Collapse -
by cjharlin / March 7, 2006 1:16 AM PST
In reply to: Who makes the display?

Most of the displays for ALL plasma sets are made by Samsung or LG.

Collapse -
Akai makes them
by IFLYFISH28 / March 7, 2006 12:41 PM PST
In reply to: displays

I called a service number Viore sent me to and they answered "Akai Service" If you go to TigerDirect web site they sell an Akai PDP4206EM plasma TV that looks a lot like my Viore PDP 4210EA 42" plasma. I still have not be able to get service. Regular TV and the DVD part will not play, the DTV part works great. Hope they can fix the rest, I love the TV. I thought I wanted at least a 50" plasma, but the 42" fits great for my living room and puts my old 32" to shame. I also paid the $997 at WalMart at the after Turkey Day sale.

Collapse -
Why would anyone buy something they've never heard of.......
by Riverledge / January 18, 2006 10:40 AM PST

Stay with brands you know. Viore; just looking for
trouble. Cheap is cheap!

Collapse -
42" Viore plasma tv
by willylafama / September 4, 2007 9:51 AM PDT

Where could I buy the remote control and the stands for the Viore plasma tv 42"?

Collapse -
(NT) Have you found a replacement control?
by munozjrmx / September 16, 2007 4:00 PM PDT
In reply to: 42" Viore plasma tv
Collapse -
i have th stand
by khani.gypsy / October 18, 2007 10:59 AM PDT
In reply to: 42" Viore plasma tv

i have the stand and don't use them if you want to pay shipping ill send them to you

Collapse -
I need a stand as well. Bought mine on e-bay. No stand.
by Chris P66 / November 27, 2007 12:40 PM PST
In reply to: i have th stand

I just bought it on ebay for $450 and when it gets here there is no stand! I reviewed the add and sure emough a stand is not listed as included. If anynoe out there is not using theirs I would sure appriciate it.

Collapse -
Flawed Logic
by 9ironmike / September 7, 2009 8:14 AM PDT

At one point in time, nobody heard of Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, etc. either. So, just because YOU'VE never heard of a company, doesn't necessarily mean it's junk.

Collapse -
Akai TVs
by lowndesw / December 26, 2009 11:06 AM PST
In reply to: Flawed Logic

I bought an Emerson TV made by Akai - didn't know that at the time. 9 months later it quit. No sound or picture. Called about the warranty, they said to take it to the shop 35 miles away. A week later I went to pick it up; $175 labor not covered by warranty. 3 months later, SAME THING. I went online, googled the model number and found a bunch of the same problems, and a fix!! Ordered two of the screen transformers for $12, soldered one in place of the smoked one and mounted a computer cooling fan. It is a CHEAP TV, cheap components, cheap design. Can't make a silk purse out of it.

Collapse -
Must have just taken the Akai name.
by shatzer2 / April 26, 2010 5:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Akai TVs

Back in the 1970's, Akai made awesome products, just like Crosly and Teac once did. Akai tape decks were second-to-none. I have an old Vietnam-era Akai 202-DS 4-channel reel-to-reel deck (bought at the PX, actually) that still works. But Crosly and Teac are now true garbage, so the Akai name must have been "bought" also. Those Crosly "turntables" you see in department stores will ruin your album in a single play. I'm saddened to hear that Akai is now trash too.

Collapse -
by markmand / April 19, 2005 5:40 AM PDT

Are you sure it's not a Viera (Panasonic)?

Collapse -
RE: Any one heard of a Viore Plasma Monitor ? SamsClub
by KillRide / April 19, 2005 10:49 AM PDT
Collapse -
Just bought one....
by grimjack77 / June 12, 2005 9:52 PM PDT

Wal-Mart where I live just marked these down to $998.00 for a 42". Still in the box. Start checking around because I really dig it. I was informed that the display model was on for over 4 Still looked fricken nice. I believe it because I have been in there for months oogling the thing.

Get out there and start looking (not on though).

Collapse -
Great pricing...
by markenelson / July 2, 2005 4:51 PM PDT
In reply to: Just bought one....

Where in the world do you live & are there any more at your Walmart. Mine doesn't have any in Salisbury, MD!

Collapse -
viore 43 plasma
by vjdjeddy / November 24, 2005 11:09 AM PST
In reply to: Great pricing...

viore 42" Plasma on SALE BLACK FRIDAY at Walmart For

Collapse -
Viore broke - any advice?
by cheeryochelle / September 5, 2005 1:58 AM PDT
In reply to: Just bought one....

We bought a Viore plasma 42" at Sam's Club about 2 months ago. Today, there's no picture. The sound works, but not the picture.

Collapse -
Try switching of at the main power switch
by wwwin / September 5, 2005 5:17 AM PDT

Try switching of at the main power switch for a few minutes to reset. If that does not work, reset to factory defaults thru OSM. If that does not work, call Viore customer support.

Collapse -
Viore problem unknown, but fixed
by cheeryochelle / November 27, 2005 4:16 AM PST

After the picture in our TV wouldn't work, the repairman came and it worked fine. No clue as to the problem. It's worked fine ever since, though.

Collapse -
by dziblonde / January 18, 2006 8:39 AM PST

Same problem sound but no picture, apparently its the video board--I got mine the day after thanksgiving for 997 at walmart. Several of these TVS are having the same problem and the parts are supposedly on backorder however no one at VIORE seems to know when they'll be in. When I called the tech laughed and said ha ha there's no warranty then he said just joking but there's nothing i can do. He told me to call back in 3 weeks. I'm so furious. If you have the same problem please email me at I would like to send a letter on our behalf -- they are selling defective TV's and not sticking by the warranty. IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT A PLASMA TV DON'T PURCHASE A VIORE!

Collapse -
I have scheduled a service...
by jmetcalfe / January 20, 2006 1:13 AM PST
In reply to: MY VIORE BROKE TOO!

I continued to call the service techs until they got sick of hearing from me I guess. I have been put on list, so that when the part arrives (sometime around the 27th of January, 2006)they will call to setup my service call. I have continued to call back every four days or, just so they don't forget me. I suggest that everyone having a problem do the same. It finally worked for me. Good Luck!!!

Collapse -
by Haresh Bhagia / April 19, 2006 3:56 PM PDT

Viore will buy you out if you plasma went out i had the same problem doesn't matter when you bought it here is the number to call them 800-495-1872 fax is 800-765-0259 benny is who i talk to but this is a common problem STAT AWAY FROM VOIRE PRODUCTS.

Collapse -
Question for mastarperform
by vanagon / April 19, 2006 10:26 PM PDT

What did you mean by "Viore will buy you out"?

Collapse -
by dziblonde / May 12, 2006 7:28 AM PDT

Collapse -
by dziblonde / May 12, 2006 8:03 AM PDT

Collapse -
viore tv
by basketballgigi / December 25, 2007 11:34 AM PST

I own one I purchase on ebay. The screen is black. How did you get your TV fixed?

Collapse -
viore plasma tv
by laurameade1 / March 29, 2009 3:12 AM PDT

We bought this TV on Black Friday at WalMart.
It went out and has no sound no picture within a year.
We have tried to have it repaired and they wanted another $300.00 for parts and service fee.

Collapse -
so far so good
by lionsv / November 25, 2006 3:26 AM PST

I just purchase my Viore 42? from WM for $998 the day after thanksgiving as well. I have mounted it on the wall and it was on for about 6.5 hours once I found the right connections. I have a VCR, DVD all running through the amp. I finally connected the cable from my VCR to the ant 1on the plasma and tune TV to AV to get a picture. The DVD connected to the amp and from there a cable out from monitor to video in of the plasma. I have Direct TV but do not have the HD box (due to be installed in two weeks). The picture looks great so far on regular viewing. The DVD looks even better and VHS is VHS. I will give it 2 months after I get the HD box installed to see I got a great deal.

Collapse -
by Riverledge / November 25, 2006 8:03 AM PST
In reply to: so far so good

TELL YOU ANYTHING??? (Mostly Negative.)

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.