Headphones & Mp3 Players

Question

Any available MP3 Players that can record FM in 2011?

by plish2000 / July 21, 2011 5:44 AM PDT

I am interested in finding an MP3 Player that can record FM Radio. I was very fortunate to record FM radio in the past with my Creative Zen Nano Plus MP3 Player, but the FM radio recording feature malfunctioned. I wanted to purchase another Zen MP3 Player, but I have not found any new or used Creative Zen Nano Plus MP3 Player available anymore. After some research, it appears that two MP3 Players available to record FM Radio are the iRiver LPlayer with 4 GB Video, and the SanDisk Sansa Fuze MP3 Players. Can anyone verify that either of these players can actually record FM Radio? I would really appreciate any attention to this matter before I make any purchases. Thanks.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Any available MP3 Players that can record FM in 2011?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Any available MP3 Players that can record FM in 2011?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
So how about a refurb?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 21, 2011 5:59 AM PDT
Collapse -
Can SanDisk Sansa or the iRiver Lplayer record FM?
by plish2000 / July 23, 2011 4:50 AM PDT
In reply to: So how about a refurb?

Thank you very much for fast reply. I have an iPod Nano and I am familiar that it stores the previous approx. 15 minutes of an FM broadcast but I don't recall its ability to store recorded files. Even so, I would need a longer record time than the approx. 15 minutes the iPod allows. I would like to record a daily FM broadcast and need the ability to save these daily recorded files and play them on the MP3 Player at a later time. By any chance, do you have experience with either the SanDisk Sansa Clip 2 GB MP3 Player or the iRiver Lplayer 4 GB Video MP3 Player in regards to recording FM Radio? From the limited information available, apparently both of these MP3 Players can record FM Radio broadcasts. I am leaning towards the SanDisk Sansa since my daughter owned a Sansa Player in the past and I am familiar with it except not certain on its ability to record FM broadcasts. If you have any experience with either of these two MP3 Players and their ability to record FM Radio broadcasts, I would greatly appreciate that information. Thanks again, Mark

Collapse -
Now I'm thinking about the Radio Shark.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 23, 2011 7:19 AM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
Player to record FM
by JKCDLC / July 23, 2011 4:21 AM PDT

Check out the players from www.visual-land.com , reasonably cheap and available, I have one which records FM and was less than $20 this month.

Collapse -
Verification regarding the Visual Land V-Clip Pro mp3 Player
by plish2000 / July 23, 2011 5:10 AM PDT
In reply to: Player to record FM

JKCDLC,

Thanks for the reply. The site link you referenced looks very promising! I immediately noticed the Visual Land V-Clip Pro mp3 Player and its features. It lists an FM Radio feature, but does not highlight any ability to record radio broadcasts. Maybe there is a legal reason that FM Radio broadcast recording is not listed. By any chance do you own one of the V-Clip Pro mp3 Players and if so, how do you access the FM Radio recording feature? Thanks again for the quick reply to my previous question. Sincerely, Mark

Collapse -
Answer
sony walkman NWZ-S545
by Sherymon / May 20, 2013 9:46 PM PDT

Maybe nobody here need the answer yet but if someone fall here searching for a fm recording device, that's the sony walkman NWZ-S545 an old model I hope you can get yet.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.