Computer Help forum

Resolved Question

Anti-Theft Software

by sandyp14verizonnet / March 26, 2013 4:41 AM PDT

I just received an email that Norton is offering an anti-theft software for many laptops, pc's, tablets, smartphones. Unfortunately, it does not support a Windows 8 RT tablet or Apple iPhone 4S. Is there other anti-theft software available for these devices?

sandyp14verizonnet has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Anti-Theft Software
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Anti-Theft Software
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by sandyp14verizonnet

Collapse -
For the iPhone 4S ...
by Edward ODaniel / March 26, 2013 3:05 PM PDT
In reply to: Anti-Theft Software

why not make use of its native ability? Apple has "Find My iPhone" which allows GPS to assist and via either an app on another iPhone or iPad or online via the iCloud interface at

If the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch you want to locate is running iOS 6, Find My iPhone also includes Lost Mode. Lost Mode locks your missing device with a 4-digit passcode and can display a contact phone number right on the lock screen. And while in Lost Mode, your device will keep track of where it has been and display its recent location history when you check in with the Find My iPhone app.??<i><b>Please note that Find My iPhone must be enabled in the iCloud settings on your device for you to locate it with this app.??</b></i>

Collapse -
(NT) Did you see the "Submit" button at the Hulu link I provided?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 27, 2013 1:21 AM PDT
In reply to: For the iPhone 4S ...
Collapse -
Windows 8 RT. You will submit.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 26, 2013 5:11 AM PDT
In reply to: Anti-Theft Software
Collapse -
Submit occurs at about 6 minutes at link.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 26, 2013 7:37 AM PDT
Collapse -
Anti theft software
by sandyp14verizonnet / March 27, 2013 6:20 AM PDT

Thanks for the info...yes I do agree...Microsoft and Apple...forced to buy/use only their apps unfortunately.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.