PC Applications forum

General discussion

Anti-Keylogger Help

by SlingShotz / May 14, 2007 9:22 AM PDT

I've found this anti-kylogger, not to prevent my parents from seeing what I type, but encrypting each key I typed in any browser so that anyone watching with a Keylogger couldn't see....

I've encountered some errors, not with that program, so I restored my system, I've looked all over this site, but have yet to find it it again...best software for anti-keylogging ever....

It had like a goldish brown/yellow 'K', inside of the box as the toolbar icon, showing you it was running, every key you typed, it showed it being encrypted, but only for the log in page, because I was using the free version....

I would like to purchase this product, having loved it so much, but I can't find it anymore, please someone help me find it....

I barley remember a name, since all of them sound so similar, but I think it was KeyEncrypt or Keyblocker or something, *Not the Elite one*

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Anti-Keylogger Help
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Anti-Keylogger Help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Let me be blunt.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 14, 2007 12:08 PM PDT
In reply to: Anti-Keylogger Help

If some software claims this, you are being ripped. Let me state I will not write a novel telling why.

There are nice free scanners in our Security Forum (see the sticky there) that you can use to detect spyware such as this so use that.

Hope I've saved you some grief and from being ripped off.

Collapse -
I agree...
by John.Wilkinson / May 14, 2007 4:01 PM PDT
In reply to: Let me be blunt.

1.) The keystroke is not encrypted coming into your computer.
2.) The keystroke cannot be encrypted when it reaches the destination program.

What does that leave? The 'anti-spyware' program can, for a brief second, encrypt the keystroke just to decrypt it again. Before or after any spyware could record it. Ad that's assuming this program is actually encrypting anything in the first place. In short, it's a rip off.

My suggestion: Stick with true antispyware utilities that seek and destroy keyloggers.

Collapse -
by SlingShotz / May 15, 2007 6:33 AM PDT
In reply to: I agree...

Thank you, I guess I'll just empty the thought out of my mind then...

Collapse -
This is the program that you are seeking.
by dromel / May 18, 2007 4:23 PM PDT
In reply to: Anti-Keylogger Help

The program that you are looking for is called Keyscrambler. I have posted the link to their home page for you.
I have tested it against two key logger programs on my own PC and it does work. It was recommended by some one knowledgeable in the security section of this forum. It is just one more layer of security on top of programs like Ad Aware, Spy Bot, AVG, Comodo, et al.

Collapse -
Since keyloggers log at the keyboard interface...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 18, 2007 11:21 PM PDT

This doesn't work. For example we use this product -> http://www.keyghost.com/

This is why such software doesn't work.

Collapse -
by Oratsa / February 19, 2010 9:01 PM PST

thwarts keyloggers by encrypting keystrokes between the kernal class driver and the application driver. i havent seen a keylogger beat it yet. It's free for IE and firefox home users you can download it from download.com look for codefender

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.