TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Antenna for LCD tv?

by emjay22 / August 14, 2006 3:20 AM PDT

Hi, I just bought a magnavox 15 inch lcd tv model number 15MF605T. First of all, any ideas if its any good?

Also i am not hooking up cable to it , and i plugged it in and got absolutely no reception. So i attached an antenna that i happened to have in my house and i was able to get maybe 2 channels that werent clear at all. What antenna should I buy to get the best reception? Or should any do the job and i just got a bad tv?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Antenna for LCD tv?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Antenna for LCD tv?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Back to the 60's
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 14, 2006 3:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Antenna for LCD tv?

At least for me when dad would install a bigger antenna on the roof to pick up more channels than we could with rabbit ears.

Such antennas are still sold.

Collapse -
Go to the link. John
by jcrobso / August 14, 2006 5:40 AM PDT
Collapse -
Antenna web is NO HELP
by Chigal48 / December 15, 2007 10:18 PM PST
In reply to: Go to the link. John

I believe the OP wants to know WHAT antenna will work; the same for me. What antenna should I get for a LCD TV....I don't trust retail sales rep. I want to read on my own.

Collapse -
by samkh / December 16, 2007 4:01 AM PST
In reply to: Antenna web is NO HELP

check with your neighbors if they have antennas and good reception.

One of the reasons cable and dish companies make money is not because of megachannels but that there is useless OTA signal at your house/apt.

Collapse -
What's an OP? Did you use the antennaweb site? True they
by NM_Bill / December 16, 2007 6:15 PM PST
In reply to: Antenna web is NO HELP

ask for info, but I've not had any noticable contact from them; that sort of stuff. The site gives info on what sort of antenna you may very well need. Y0u can the read the site on your own. It is not a sales rep.

And like as to setting the set to channel 3 or 4; it's as simple as that - set the set. It does not have to do with programming the DVD/VCR player.

Seems you're confused about quite a few things; ask those questions one at a time & some here will try to respond with best intentions.

Collapse -
horrible horrible worthless
by stewart norrie / December 16, 2007 5:48 AM PST

First your going to hate that postage stamp size t.v. 42" would give you that movie theater experience and you wont have to strain your eyes to see the awsome detail, anything smaller is a waste of money Also you want great programming to go along with that great picture I would go with a Dish network hi-def system with the hi-def package you will have all your locals and tons of awsome channels to feed your new t.v. believe me your going to hate that tiny t.v. steweee

Collapse -
Samsung DTB-H260F HDTV Tuner
by balaoffid / December 17, 2007 11:35 AM PST

I have a 27" OLEVIA LCD HDTV ready TV and I wanted to see the HDTV channels without the cable subscription. So, I bought a Samsung DTB-H260F tuner. To get the reception I also bought a Philips MANT510 internal antenna to receive the signals and I connected this to my samsung HDTV tuner. Using the HDTV cable the tuner is connected to the TV. Now the problem is I am not getting the clear rceiption. The TV looks green and the picture comes in the background. The sound is not coming. What do I need to do to get the proper receiption and the sound? Plase advice.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.