The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Another new CNET podcast: Chicks on Tech

by mollywood CNET staff / April 18, 2006 10:14 AM PDT

Heya --

Yet another CNET podcast for you to critique, if you're interested! Chicks on Tech -- it's me and Kelly Green Morrison of CNET Download.com. This podcast is gadget focused, and we'll be answering questions from emails and callers -- buying advice, tech advice, and so on. This is the first cut, awaiting music and such, and we'd love to get your feedback. Thank you!

http://www.cnet.com/i/pod/chicktech_a.mp3

--Molly

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Another new CNET podcast: Chicks on Tech
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Another new CNET podcast: Chicks on Tech
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Awesome
by AndyInTN / April 18, 2006 10:50 AM PDT

I thought you guys...oh, wait, sorry, gals done a great job. The show flowed well, had a good crew, talked about things that I enjoyed. Can't wait to hear more.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I'm there!
by RodderRodder / April 18, 2006 11:55 AM PDT
Collapse -
It was OK, but
by cardsbb9 / April 18, 2006 12:08 PM PDT

The pace was good, the sound was clear....

But, sorry, it sounded like some of the conversations I hear on the bus on the way home..... conversations for which I bought a set of Boze headphones and a Nano to drown out. Conversations that occur when there are three or more gals sitting all together.

It is times like that (on the bus) that I would pull out the Nano and headphones and listen to TWiT.

Collapse -
good start
by decjr / April 18, 2006 2:55 PM PDT

congrats to the prolific, or should I say podlific, Molly. [just recently, there's this avalanche of podcasts from CNET. any tie-in to CNET TV?] anyway I like the loose format. Sounds like you're all having fun. I liked Kelly's greasy Palm (treo) story but she'd "chicken" out telling her provider the true story. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I never knew of this obsession with things pink. Please, no Hello Kitty topics -- I have to draw the line there Happy
great entertaining start. cheers,
g

Collapse -
I just want a Classic Coke
by MacHugger / April 18, 2006 4:23 PM PDT

I get why there is Vanilla and Cherry and Lime and Raspberry and C2 and Zero and Blak and all the diet and caffeine free versions of whichever but really, I just want to drink Coke.

I think it's great that Molly and Tom and probably Veronica will have their own specialized podcasts or ten with a narrower market focus but I confess, I'm really just going to stick with BOL.

I barely even listen to TWiT anymore because 1) I hear most everything they talk about days before on BOL and 2) I'm sick to death of VOIP crap audio and everybody plowing over everybody else to show who has more to say on the subject.

My tech fix comes primarily from BOL and that'll be about it. I really hope the others do well, so long as it doesn't diminish this one.

-Kevin S.

Collapse -
I'm inclined to agree...
by toulouse2k / April 19, 2006 2:17 AM PDT

There is a kind of magic to the BOL podcast.

As far as TWIT is concerned, I'm starting to also tire of the geek-fest. Too much competing for attention(geek testosterone gets annoying) and the sound quality is starting to get me down. One speaker is booming loud, while another is barely audible.

Collapse -
what's up with all these new podcasts?
by beelissa / April 18, 2006 10:37 PM PDT

Hey,

I haven't listened to the ChickCast yet (I saved it to my hard drive, I'll sync it in a little while). But I did listen to the mp3 one with Veronica and Tom's Real Deal one. Are these new ones going to be on the PodCast page soon? As of yesterday, they still weren't there. Just wondering . . .

I'll come back with feedback on the ChickCast later. Happy

Collapse -
Podcast Link
by AndyInTN / April 18, 2006 11:21 PM PDT

Since there are several new podcasts, why isn't there a tab on top of the CNET site for "Podcasts"? It just seems as though that would make a lot of sense.

Collapse -
Whoa Andy GREAT idea!
by merrybrown / April 20, 2006 12:49 AM PDT
In reply to: Podcast Link

a Tab for Podcasts, just makes sense!

Collapse -
Yup It Does
by AndyInTN / April 20, 2006 1:18 AM PDT
In reply to: Whoa Andy GREAT idea!

Maybe they need a million podcasts before they get a tab?

Collapse -
If only you knew ...
by mollywood CNET staff / April 20, 2006 10:00 AM PDT
In reply to: Yup It Does

... how hard it is to get a tab. Or should I say, A Tab. Happy We'd love one, but we probably WOULD need about a million podcasts first.

Collapse -
Seriously, though y'all need it
by GL2filmer / May 4, 2006 1:12 PM PDT
In reply to: If only you knew ...

You can't really search CNET for podcasts...I've tried. I have no idea how to find all the great new podcasts y'all are producing. I wanted to find Tom's new show and it took me at least 15 minutes to track it down. In this day and age, 15 minutes looking for something on one site only happens from a dedicated person. Your average surfer gives up way sooner than that.

TAB! TAB! TAB! TAB! TAB! TAB!

Collapse -
WOW
by firestarter / April 18, 2006 11:43 PM PDT

love the new podcast molly and i to me there is no different between the t-mobile pink and the verizon pink. Pink is pink. sorry to hear about the chicken water my friend got her new phone and in less than an hour when she when to use the bathroom the phone fell in the toliet.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Interesting to hear women's prespective with other women
by rechellesharp / April 19, 2006 12:02 AM PDT
Collapse -
Excellent! Count me in. But....
by scott_wilder / April 19, 2006 12:08 AM PDT

I hardly consider a treo case to be a proper "gadget".

Once again. Good podcasts are 90% personality and 10% content. I think I would listen to Molly do the ABC song if it were made.

Kelly, welcome to podcasting!!! Can't wait to hear more. Video is better.

Scott

Collapse -
sounds good!
by bsandeep / April 19, 2006 12:29 AM PDT

Whoa....Cnet answers my prayers...lol! I was wondering if there was a gaadget focussed show rather than us gethering tibits of info about gadgets from various podcasts and reviews.
Good start...lets wait n watch Happy

Collapse -
In the future: Chick Music Intro
by robstak / April 20, 2006 7:33 AM PDT
In reply to: sounds good!

it'd only be fitting.

Collapse -
the title is funny
by alpabarot / April 19, 2006 2:20 AM PDT

are magnets safe near your Treo?

I'm not the target audience but the on-air chemistry is good. It sounded fun.

Collapse -
Hmm, interesting
by bozeman / April 19, 2006 4:32 AM PDT

Sounds good Molly.

Is this the break-up of the Beatles? I mean TMV? hehe, kidding. Isn't that the way things go, all band members experiment with their own projects and eventually the original breaks up. Hope BOL keeps going. Tom's is good, Molly's is good and as much as I like Veronica, I think I'm more inclined to the content of Tom & Molly's respective podcast.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) i'll try not to take that personally! ;)
by earlysound / April 19, 2006 8:37 AM PDT
In reply to: Hmm, interesting
Collapse -
Yeah ... Owww.
by mwrisner / May 5, 2006 5:40 AM PDT

That stung all the way out here is Colorado.

Having BOL without Veronica is like making cookies without adding sugar.

... and all the "solo" podcasts have been great.

So it's not really like the Beatles, it's more like Genesis. The members do their own great stuff then come back to do great stuff collaboratively again.

(Nevermind that Genesis also eventually broke up)

Collapse -
Who is the Yoko of BOL
by adkinsjm / April 19, 2006 8:39 AM PDT
In reply to: Hmm, interesting

Just wondering

Collapse -
Good ol' Yoko
by bozeman / April 19, 2006 10:58 PM PDT
In reply to: Who is the Yoko of BOL

Too early to tell, we'll be able to tell as soon as one of them mentions "well on my other podcast I can do this" that will be the sign =)

Collapse -
Finally a podcast for the women!
by merrybrown / April 20, 2006 1:00 AM PDT

I (like Molly) have stuggled to find the right purse for business use.
I have also been looking for a more attractive Blackberry case. And I do wish things were designed with some consideration for business women, who still want to be women. I need stuff that will look fine, sitting next to my very conservative companies' choice of laptop case, and still not make me look like a guy!
And yes there are several different colors of pink! Men don't get that, unless they are fashion designers. Some pink I like (cotton candy) some I don't (hot pink). I am allowed to have opinions about pink. I'm a woman!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) really to me pink is pink but then again im a guy
by firestarter / April 20, 2006 3:52 AM PDT
Collapse -
There's more than one pink?
by wizardjs / May 7, 2006 10:18 AM PDT

I thought one shade of such a dreadful color was enough

Collapse -
Slooowwww download....
by toulouse2k / April 20, 2006 1:05 AM PDT

I keep trying, but I'm getting dial-up "speed" on my broadband download.

Collapse -
Just waiting for 'Dudes on Gadgets'
by robstak / April 20, 2006 7:19 AM PDT

Where's the male focused podcast? I'm sure there's a chainsaw that will sync my gmail out there... I wanna hear about it! Wink

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) TWiT
by wizardjs / April 20, 2006 10:02 AM PDT
Collapse -
Too many dude oriented podcasts
by eternity21 / May 7, 2006 9:22 AM PDT

I think this podcast is so great because it is done by women. I like the male techie podcasts but as a woman it who loves tech stuff would like to talk about purple cases for my ipod and phone and stuff ( I know they were talking pink but purple would be great.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.