Computer Help forum

Question

Android Tablet (Superpad 3) not saving any books or apps

by Whitey141 / February 16, 2013 8:30 PM PST

I have an Android tablet 3 and recently I have put some books and new apps on it but when I turn it off and on again they are gone???

I would appreciate any help, cheers!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Android Tablet (Superpad 3) not saving any books or apps
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Android Tablet (Superpad 3) not saving any books or apps
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: superpad 3
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 16, 2013 8:48 PM PST

I see they were being sold with Android 2.2 and with Android 2.3. Which version does yours have?

Kees

Collapse -
re: superpad 3 - New!
by Whitey141 / February 16, 2013 8:58 PM PST
In reply to: Re: superpad 3

Android 2.2, it was saving books and apps when I first got it, just all off sudden it won't.

Collapse -
(NT) Could it have run out of space?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 16, 2013 11:45 PM PST
In reply to: re: superpad 3 - New!
Collapse -
re:
by Whitey141 / February 17, 2013 12:30 AM PST

I was thinking that myself as I never got around to getting a sd card and just worked of the pads modest memory.

But I deleted a few apps to free up space thinking this might be the case and the ones I currently download do run and work just disappear when I turn it on and off again.
There's currently 6 gigs free on it that should be enough for 1 or 2 apps and definitely enough to save loads of books I would have thought.

I have ordered a 16 gig sd card today but I suspect that's not the problem but I could be wrong, thanks for the suggestion though! Happy

Collapse -
also
by Whitey141 / February 17, 2013 2:19 AM PST
In reply to: re:

plus all the settings such as wifi return to default when I turn it on, I have to set up wifi everytime I turn it on.

Collapse -
Answer
Is there any more to the story?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 17, 2013 5:42 AM PST

Such as apps from a pirate site or "root"?

Collapse -
Is there any more to the story?
by Whitey141 / February 17, 2013 6:52 AM PST
Collapse -
Ouch.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 17, 2013 7:02 AM PST

Thanks for adding the details. All sorts of folk post here and many won't reveal they rooted and installed some less than savory app.

Good to read that card is replaceable.
Bob

Collapse -
No bother
by Whitey141 / February 17, 2013 7:45 AM PST
In reply to: Ouch.

Cheers, I found a video on utube that talks you through it. Here's a link if anyone has the same problem as me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC0nH-5cx5c

I'll probably breaking some manufacturer warranty the minute I open it but after doing a bit of research from these Android pads are just cheaply thrown together in China and sold off cheap.

I wouldn't recommend anyone buying an Android Superpad!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Forums

Looking for tech help?

Whether you’re looking for dependable tech advice or offering helpful tricks, join the conversation in our forums.