Android forum

General discussion

Android becoming an iPhone

by Phoenix100pr / March 29, 2012 3:24 AM PDT

Hey Cnet TVl, I enjoy your show a great deal, I have a question and a request if I may ask. You think you can write or do a show about why more Android device is being built without expansion slots and no removable battery?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Android becoming an iPhone
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Android becoming an iPhone
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
This one is easy.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 29, 2012 6:17 AM PDT

It's the money. Those features cost money and because SUBSIDIZED PHONES like you get at the usual places for 0 to 99 bucks are under extreme pressure to remove every dime, you know why. I'm unsure if you knew and wanted to go over this again but it's very simple.

If you want more, why not get the phone you want? It's out there.

As to the move from Android to Apple, if you use both you see why.

Collapse -
Like the majority
by Phoenix100pr / March 29, 2012 6:57 AM PDT
In reply to: This one is easy.

Subsidized phone is what most people want and are use to. However I whish I could pay $0 or $99, I've been paying on average $199 - $399. So tell where please I can get that kind of subidized phone, would love it. The phone I want is not out there in AMERICA, Not sure where you are from. But I want the Google Nex or HTC One X with a battery removable and with an expansion slot. Please prove to me you know what you are taliking about and post a like where I can purchase as per my request.

Collapse -
I can't prove you anything.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 29, 2012 7:12 AM PDT
In reply to: Like the majority

I had hoped to discuss this area with you and nothing more.

I see the Google Nexus comes with 32GB of storage which is very nice since the reason I needed to add a memory card was because they used to ship with 8 or less GB storage. I see I can do without adding the card now.

Thanks for having me look at this detail. It helps me out.

Collapse -
So I was right
by Phoenix100pr / March 29, 2012 7:18 AM PDT

No expansion slots. I am happy 32Gb works for you. For me, it does not, as it will not for many other people as well. I have lots lots lots of music from my iTunes collection I enjoy to listen to. I don't like streaming music. I have my own collection of music I bought and truly enjoy. I need an expansion slot, and you are just fine with the 32GB.

Collapse -
Actually I have another device to add more.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 29, 2012 7:35 AM PDT
In reply to: So I was right

It's a Kingston 32GB WiDrive. Very nice.

I've encountered folk that want to carry their entire collection with them. It appears you are such a person. You should get what you want and hope it's made.

Collapse -
LOL! Funny
by Phoenix100pr / March 29, 2012 7:43 AM PDT

Thanks for the laugh, Yeah it does seem like I will have to continuously add more gadget into my pocket, like batman. OMG! I am a very simple man, that hate to carry stuff. I even walk in the rain, cause I hate to carry an umbrella. LOL! You really try to turn me into an iPhone freak. I don't want to go to the dark side, but looks like I will have to. LOL!

Collapse -
Android becoming an iPhone
by someone3974 / April 22, 2012 12:24 PM PDT

It helps me out, thanks!

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Coming soon

Get behind the wheel with Roadshow

Love cars? Climb into the driver's seat for the latest videos, reviews, shopping advice and picks by our editors delivered to your inbox every week.