Android

Resolved Question

Android Application Development Guidence And Information

by Harisaltaf / January 7, 2013 10:31 PM PST

I'm a Windows PC user (not Apple) and would like to continue doing so atleast for the time being. What I would to know is the following:

1) Basics of Andriod apps development. What do I need to have, what programming software to use, how to deploy and have my apps on the app store (from a to z) in simple english.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Android Application Development Guidence And Information
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Android Application Development Guidence And Information
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer as chosen by Harisaltaf

Collapse -
Android App Development
by evabrian / January 7, 2013 11:24 PM PST

If you intend to develop apps in java your best option is probably to use eclipse. Use the software manager built into eclipse to download the android development tools (ADT). It downloads and installs everything you need including GUI editor, emulator manager and examples.

Use the instructions here:
http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing.html

Collapse -
I am not Developer
by Harisaltaf / January 7, 2013 11:32 PM PST

I am not a developer i am simple normal people i dont know what is programming and what is java i know only java is language like c++ etc but my question is what programming software to use, how to deploy and have my apps on the app store (from a to z) in simple english. and tell me one thing more why android application is necessary for every business you have and idea

Collapse -
Step By Step Android Application Development
by evabrian / January 7, 2013 11:36 PM PST
In reply to: I am not Developer

Difficult to explain things step by step as there are potentially so many. Basically:

1 Install the Java JDK. I believe version 6 is best as there are a couple of issues with 7. Learn to write Java programs.

2 Install Eclipse and the Android additions (or MotoDev, which is essentially the same thing but slightly easier).

3 Look up some beginner examples or use those supplied. Copy them or type them in (you learn a lot more doing it the hard way) and be sure you understand how they work.

4 Read enough about Android to know what it can do and what it can't. There's no point attempting the impossible.

5 Write your apps.

I realise this list is almost useless but everybody has a different starting point and wants help in different areas. So,

6 Be as specific as possible when asking for help. Explain what you know and what you don't.

A few non-Java alternatives have been mentioned already. They make it easier to do things (well, simple things, at least) but will restrict your ability to control every detail. On the other hand they can act as rapid development prototyping tools, and in some cases you won't need to go any further. If you do, you'll probably know enough by then to cope with the Java/XML environment used for the majority of apps.

Collapse -
Thanks for give me answer But i also ask one thing more
by Harisaltaf / January 7, 2013 11:38 PM PST

one thing more why android application is necessary for every business you have any idea many people says that without app no online business can be success

Collapse -
Scope of Android Application
by evabrian / January 7, 2013 11:51 PM PST
Collapse -
Android Application very important ???
by Harisaltaf / January 7, 2013 11:58 PM PST

It means android application is very necessary for increase online business i have my own website and i think about it after see this given figures you share.I am really interested to developed my website android application you have any idea about the cost of Application development

Collapse -
Android app for your business
by evabrian / January 8, 2013 12:04 AM PST

If you are asking the cost rang for android app development, I got an app developed for my website in 5000$, i think around this amount you can have your app developed for your website,
well there are many ways that you can have a free android app for your business you just need to drag and drop and you follow the instructions, and you can have a fictional android application developed for your website

Collapse -
You say android app also free
by Harisaltaf / January 8, 2013 12:11 AM PST

So why you pay 5000$ for your desire app creation and you advice me go for free why you didn't go for free for your website Confused

Collapse -
for a new statup go for a free app but not for a pro!
by evabrian / January 8, 2013 12:20 AM PST

the reason why you have move for custom app because in free apps you can not customize it up to your need and demand, its just like creating a blog website, which is not really customizable, while a custom CMS is customizable up to unlimited extent, you can create what ever you want, if you want something really professional then I would not advise for a free ready made app
must go for custom application development, and its not cheaper because its in demand

Collapse -
Give me the sources
by Harisaltaf / January 8, 2013 12:22 AM PST

I understand please give me the resources for android developer

Collapse -
The office I work at is doing android apps.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 8, 2013 12:05 AM PST

Not out yet and certainly nothing a consumer would use but rates are typical. That is, about what you pay for custom Windows apps.
Bob

Collapse -
Give me the cheap sources
by Harisaltaf / January 8, 2013 12:14 AM PST

I am interested to developed the android application for my website please give me the android application developer resources

I will thankful to you

Collapse -
Re: free
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 8, 2013 12:25 AM PST

The SDK is free, the tools are free, tutorials and examples are free, only your PC and your internet connection aren't free.
If you want to hire somebody to make that app, it isn't free.

Kees

Collapse -
Can't give you that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 8, 2013 12:26 AM PST

I can note that I do know folk that travel to Taiwan, Columbia and other parts of the world to get lower cost software made but still the flights and travel alone rack up quite a bill. Even I went to such places to help fix apps.

There are other ways to develop software on the cheap. Such as taking in an intern from a local college. Some states have a subsidy for such so you pay about half their wages and get, usually a great deal on the development.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1715697/what-is-the-best-ide-to-develop-android-apps-in covers a lot of IDE's.

I wonder if you'll ask what an IDE is.
Bob

Collapse -
Ahh, that makes it very hard. Or EASY!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 8, 2013 12:04 AM PST
In reply to: I am not Developer

There are non-programmers that run software companies. What you need is more staff to do the work for you. I have yet to see a non-developer successfully write an app and get it onto the market place.

You might eventually get there as you learn Java and more but this small space will only contain what fits and will not contain all the details you need to write and deploy an Android app. This question has come up before and a few will explode and flame all those that answer them. My prediction is they may not get very far since such work is a collaborative effort.

You need more folk on your team.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Re: android development
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 7, 2013 10:45 PM PST
Collapse -
Google Is not working Here
by Harisaltaf / January 7, 2013 10:50 PM PST

Dear google is not working here thats why i asking question on cnet because i totally trust cnet only here is one of the best platform to solve the problem and i am not interested to read diffrent types of articles because all articles authors have new theory so i am mostly confused to read the articles

Collapse -
Re: google not working
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 7, 2013 11:00 PM PST

Google isn't the only search engine. Try bing or yahoo.

Kees

Collapse -
Problem in search engines
by Harisaltaf / January 7, 2013 11:13 PM PST
In reply to: Re: google not working

Bing yahoo and are not give relevant result mostly time i use it and realized it this engines not doing working well thats why i am here brother

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.