Speakeasy forum

Question

Am i healthy or should i get help?

by MariannePretor / December 30, 2012 8:38 AM PST

Ok so lately ive noticed that i dont drink. ill have like one glass of water a day if even that and i always have a glass of coke. you see i never EVER feel thirsty. i just think 'oh i havent drank today' and i might have a drink. i dont know why, am i healthy if i dont drink even a quater of what im suppost to? im normal weight and i do move around quite a bit. i dont snack at all but i eat alot at meal times.... do i have somthing wrong or is this normal?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Am i healthy or should i get help?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Am i healthy or should i get help?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
well,
by itsdigger / December 30, 2012 8:48 AM PST

lately have you changed you're habits? (I've noticed that I don't drink) don't feel thirsty....Did you used to drink and feel thirsty? You don't snack but ya eat a lot at meals and you're normal weight.... Man, I should be so lucky...Digger

Collapse -
well,
by MariannePretor / December 30, 2012 8:52 AM PST
In reply to: well,

urmm i used to go on the computer alot and not do much but ever since i started to get back into real life activities and got into some more hobbies thats when i stopped drinking, but that was about 3 months ago. and yes i have been like this for 3 months now. i have quite serious muscle pains in my back. i always have dark circles around my eyes. im always tired and i have a bunch of other annoying affects from it but i feel fine apart from the back ache thingy.

Collapse -
well,
by itsdigger / December 30, 2012 8:58 AM PST

what did you stop drinking? Maybe put cucumbers on your eyes.....%}...Digger

Collapse -
well,
by MariannePretor / December 30, 2012 9:02 AM PST

i just stopped drinking water, and almost everything else. i only have one or maybe two glasses of liquid a day. i usually have a coke or milk with dinner but thats all. and a tiny bit of water when i take my skin meds in the morning. and would cucumbers work? haha

Collapse -
well
by itsdigger / December 30, 2012 9:06 AM PST

do ya feel different? ( and what the hell, can the cucumbers hurt?) haha

Collapse -
well,
by MariannePretor / December 30, 2012 9:11 AM PST
In reply to: well

no i feel fine apart from back aches that limit my movement alot. and i dont know if the cucumbers hurt! they arent acidic so i dont thin they will haha

Collapse -
well maybe
by itsdigger / December 30, 2012 9:24 AM PST

you should make a call to the white house and talk to our president and say, " Well, I'm not thirsty, and I eat a lot at meal times, and I feel Fine but, I have a back ache, and rings under my eyes"! Do ya think Obama care can crack my back for me and maybe buy a couple of cucumber's for my eye's? haha Go For It... Digger

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I have a background in Health Care. Fluids are important to
by Ziks511 / January 1, 2013 5:20 PM PST

keep all systems running optimally. As people age, their taste buds age too, and don't fire as well as they should, hence your loss of thirst and possibly appetite for some foods. The sweetness and astringency of coke breaks through that block which is why coke is appealing.

I may be slightly wrong on the statistic but a healthy person needs between 4 and 5 pints of water a day. My solution is to buy a large bottle of Evian water, and to keep refilling it from the tap, and carry it with me. Usually thirst is a transient thing, and if water isn't immediately at hand, you ignore it. Chilled water is more enticing and satisfying than room temperature. Water is necessary for proper functioning of the kidneys, proper maintenance of blood pressure, and to keep your blood at its proper level of dilution. Blood which becomes too concentrated can be life threatening, as can a decrease in kidney function. Dehydration is a common problem in the elderly which can cause mental confusion, dizziness, falls, and worse health problems.

I would recommend a chat with a health care professional soon to confirm all this and to get authoritative advice. If you have any preferences, like Iced Tea mix, or something like that, that can help encourage you to drink more, though sweet drinks are hard on the teeth, as my dentist keeps telling me.

Rob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.