Camcorders

General discussion

Alternatives to the Sony HVR HD1000?

by Ringquelle / January 20, 2009 4:35 AM PST

I am currently looking to buy a Sony HVR HD1000. The specs look pretty good to me, and one thing that it has: it looks professional even though the price isn't around 5000 dollars.

I got a couple of questions about this model. Would it be usuable to shoot indoors during events, with little lightning and mainly colored lights? If not, would a camera lamp be any help?

Also, are there any alternatives which also have the professional look, which are around the same price range, but perhaps with better specs?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Alternatives to the Sony HVR HD1000?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Alternatives to the Sony HVR HD1000?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
check out
by chickenorfish / January 20, 2009 4:58 AM PST

check out sonyhdvinfo.com and camcorderinfo.com

Collapse -
Not an expert
by Ringquelle / January 20, 2009 8:02 AM PST
In reply to: check out

I am not really an expert, so I have no clue how I can link the info on those site to my questions.

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to attach an HDD to that specific Sony camera?

Collapse -
not an expert?
by chickenorfish / January 20, 2009 8:51 AM PST
In reply to: Not an expert

if youre not an expert then that cam isnt for you

Collapse -
Not an issue
by Ringquelle / January 20, 2009 8:58 AM PST
In reply to: not an expert?

That won't be an issue by the time I will get it (about half a year).

So please, I'd just like some answers to the questions stated.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.