Office & Productivity Software

General discussion

Alternative to Microsoft Money which is discontinued

by Plumeau / August 6, 2010 5:05 PM PDT

As, MS stopped to deliver and support Money applications, under Windows, and co. Is there any financial, banking alternatives, available.

I think it should be able to handle multiple bank accounts, but also stock options and familly or small business budget. It should be also able to download or at least be able to accept standard files downloaded from on line banking accounts. Like were able to do the Money applications.

Quicken was an alternative, but is also discontinued.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Alternative to Microsoft Money which is discontinued
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Alternative to Microsoft Money which is discontinued
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Has Quicken been discontinued?
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / August 6, 2010 9:52 PM PDT
Collapse -
Alternative to MS Money
by Plumeau / August 7, 2010 1:18 AM PDT

I was using Money 2004,and as I change my PC, I end up with Windows 7 Pro. Was anable to re-install Money 2004.... only 2005 could be installed under Win7... and not buyable nor anymore supported...

In Money's forum, it is mentioned that Quicken will also be withdrawn and not anymore supported...

As have to start from scrath, and I need a financial Pgm, at least for 5 to 10 years, I am ready to go to something new, for free or $... trhat cover my need....

Collapse -
Quicken still lives!
by volvogirl / August 7, 2010 2:59 AM PDT
Collapse -
So why not the Sunset version?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 9, 2010 6:43 AM PDT

Noted at Microsoft it reads:
"
Update (6/17/10): Microsoft has released 'Sunset' versions of Money Plus Deluxe and Money Plus Home & Business that do not require online activation. This version will allow you to keep your Money files and transactional history (on current and future machines) but will not allow access to online services or premium services. Full details and links to the Download Center can be found here.
"
http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.mspx

Collapse -
Good find
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / August 9, 2010 8:02 PM PDT

and could be very useful.

Thanks Bob.

Mark

Collapse -
Money sunset
by Plumeau / August 10, 2010 4:05 AM PDT
In reply to: Good find

I tried it, but was unable to open my last Money 2004 file... It seems to work only in USA....

I am currenly in Europ, and I am looking for an alternative which is able to handle Mpl accounts, stock shares, but that accept file at bank exchange files with QIF format... and not direct on line banks connections... All these needs are available from Money Sunset, but do not work here in Europ.

Tks for your help/advise,

Collapse -
Sorry.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 10, 2010 4:12 AM PDT
In reply to: Money sunset

I read your posts again and didn't see that Europe was an issue till now.

REMEMBER THAT EVEN AN EUROPE MS MONEY SUNSET VERSION WILL NOT UPDATE FROM THE WEB for stock prices and more. All that is noted at the MS web page.

However it doesn't mean it's game over. You should ask Microsoft Europe for their Sunset version.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.