Samsung forum

Question

AllShare disconnects

by harpthorn / November 7, 2011 11:57 PM PST

XP, BT Home Hub, wired connection to Samsung LE40D580K2K tv.
Samsung ShareAll installed on my pc, the tv very rarely sees the connection to my pc, after several days of not seeing the pc, I switch the tv on and AllShare connects, the connection works for about 15 mins then get "device disconnected" on the tv. Have not really timed the connection but approx 15 mins seems consistent. Tried serviio, tv will connect every time it is switched on but in this case it only stays connected for 7 minutes. Only way to get it to reconnect is to swith tv off and on. After tv has disconnected, router still says tv is online, network status check on tv shows all ok.
Have set static address for the tv and disabled firewall but it has not made any difference. At present have uninstalled serviio and have Samsung AllShare running. Please note I am new to connecting tv to pc so not very technical about the subject.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: AllShare disconnects
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: AllShare disconnects
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Weird
by Andy Holman / November 8, 2011 8:26 AM PST
In reply to: AllShare disconnects

That does sound weird that it works for a while and then stops. A few things to check: (i) check if your router has UPnP built-in features (turn them off), (ii) check if your router has a built-in firewall (turn it off), (iii) check if your router has IGMP snooping (turn it off), (iv) check if you are running Hamachi on your PC (uninstall it). Also, reboot your router. As a test, if you have another DLNA device in your home (PS3, Xbox 360, etc.) , see if it has the same disconnect problem - that will help isolate it to your TV or your home network/PC/DLNA server being the culprit. Good luck!

Collapse -
Still disconnects
by harpthorn / November 8, 2011 7:51 PM PST
In reply to: Weird

Yes, this is very strange. Unfortunately I have no other devices to try. Tried your suggestions but still the same.

Collapse -
Further observations
by harpthorn / November 8, 2011 9:12 PM PST
In reply to: Still disconnects

As I said earlier, I am new to this so do not know what I should get. When tv is working via Samsung AllShare, the AllShare screen under "Connected Devices" says "no device", should it list the tv. Whilst serviio was working, next to the tv was a red dot, I would have thought this should turn green when the tv is connected.

Collapse -
Try Mezzmo
by Andy Holman / November 9, 2011 7:07 AM PST
In reply to: Further observations

As a test, try another DLNA server. I'd suggest Mezzmo since that's what I use and I know it pretty well. Uninstall Serviio and AllShare first so you don't have any conflicts. After installing Mezzmo, start the Mezzmo server and turn on your TV. In Mezzmo, you should see your TV listed in the media devices dialog. Try streaming a few files and see if that's better.

Collapse -
Still disconnects
by harpthorn / November 9, 2011 11:42 PM PST
In reply to: Try Mezzmo

Installed Mezzmo. It recognized the tv but as with AllShare it worked for 15 mins then the tv stopped and said device disconnected.

Collapse -
Router or TV problem
by Andy Holman / November 10, 2011 7:21 AM PST
In reply to: Still disconnects

My only guess now is that your router may be the cause of the problem, or (worst case) your TV is at fault. If you can borrow another router from someone for an hour or so then you could try a different router and that would confirm if it is the router. It is not uncommon for routers to develop issues, so I'd suggest looking at that next. Google 'BT Home Hub disconnect' and you will see other people with disconnect problems also.

Collapse -
Answer
BT Home Hub
by 2simmons / December 22, 2011 7:32 AM PST

Are both your TV and PC connected by wire to your HUB? The problem you describe is what I had when connecting by wireless.

Collapse -
Connections
by harpthorn / December 22, 2011 10:00 PM PST
In reply to: BT Home Hub

Only using wired connections.

Collapse -
Wish it was in the posts here.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 22, 2011 11:27 PM PST
In reply to: Connections

I can't find a few details. I may have missed them. The router make, model, version, firmware and if you've tried another router.

I've seen swapping a router fix the above but most owners will say that everything else works and not do that. It could be cables but the few times it was, the cables were made by the owner and the other times the cables had obvious damage.

Sorry but I can't see the cause in the posts so it's time to tell a little more and then start changing parts.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
A few Ideas
by Vastant76 / January 6, 2012 1:25 AM PST

Ok firstly other DLNA devices - Smart Phones, most have the DLNA capability, so get a friend over with theirs. Any Samsung smart phone will do, My old Omnia HD can.

Collapse -
Found the problem
by Samsung_Stupid_TV / November 26, 2012 3:50 AM PST
In reply to: A few Ideas

So, so I just bought a new 60 Samsung Smart TV. This disconnect issue has been annoying the hell out of me and I've nailed it down to the TV's version of Allshare being the issue I think. I am not able to watch anything on the network for more than about 30 min or so without getting a disconnect. The TV can then no longer see any devices on the network. If I then turn the TV off for a few seconds and turn it back on it works again for another 30 min. I can do this over and over again and the exact same thing happens almost like clockwork.

Collapse -
Be sure to report this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 26, 2012 4:00 AM PST
In reply to: Found the problem

But another one I cured was the router. Long story but in the end we rolled the router firmware back one version.

Collapse -
Answer
Samsung Allshare is buggy.
by dmitche3 / December 1, 2012 9:41 AM PST

I've been reading posts on Samsung's Allshare for quite some time. As this problem still exists today with my two Samsung TVs, which I too have wired connections I can say that it is NOT the server software but the AllShare software on the TVs. I've tried Allshare's PC software (sucks), serviio, and TVVersity, and another and the problem of disconnect is there.

In fact, it is not really a 'disconnect' but AllShare appears to be crashing! Once the disconnect appears do you find that AllShare is no longer running and that the TV reverts back to one of you HDMI inputs? That happens on both of my "SamDUNG" tvs. Sad I can't wait for them to break and my wife let me buy another brand, but at the cost these bricks cost me ...

Collapse -
Answer
AllShare disconnect fix that worked for me
by mdinnercnet / December 23, 2012 12:13 PM PST

After trying everything I could think of to fix the network disconnect that ocurred about 10 minutes when watching a movie stored on my computer and using AllShare on my Samsung UNES8000FXZA, I finally stumbled on a fix that worked for me. This probably won't work for everyone having problems with AllShare but,i f you were like me, working for days trying to fix the problem, you'll be happy to stop the network disconnects any way you can. If the computer you are using as the server has both an ethernet and a wireless connection, and you are connected to the TV with the ethernet connection, disable the wireless connection on the computer. As long as your computer is wired into a wireless router you should still be able to access it with your other wireless devices. Also, if for some reason you need it you can can always just enable the wireless connection without having to do any setup. Just open Network and Sharing Center in Windows and click on Change adapter settings on the left hand side. If you disabled the wireless connection it will be grayed out. Just right click on it, select enable and it's back on. (By the way, doing the same thing and selecting disable is the way to disable the wireless connection in the first place.) I dragged it as a shortcut to my desktop and all I have to do is click on the shortcut to enable or disable the wireless connection.

I realize this may only help those with the same type of network setup I have, but if you do this may work for you too. At least worth a try. Hope this helps someone. Good luck.

Collapse -
Workaround for the DLNA disconnection while playin
by Sc0rPi0n21 / February 3, 2013 1:09 AM PST

Hey guys,

I am experiencing the same issues with my Samsung SmartTV 8000 series. I am using this as a workaround:

1. Reboot the TV if it was online for a while. After rebooting the TV, the DLNA connections will work just fine.
2. Go to your Samsung PC AllShare software switch to "Play Control Screen Mode". That can be done by pressing the "Play" button in the top left corner (or from the "View" top menu)
3. Click on Refresh to the top right corner while it will detect your TV.
4. After it detects your TV, go back to "File Management Screen Mode", search for your media file. Right click on it and select "Play on another device". You should have an option available to play the file on your already detected device.
5. Enjoy with no disconnection issues.

PS: you will be able to pause/seek from the remote control of the TV. From some reason, only when the playback is initiated from the TV the connection will fail after a while.

Collapse -
this worked for me
by scruff007 / January 5, 2014 8:38 AM PST

hi
after reading the blogs on this "disconnection" problem.. (and mine only stayed connected for 10 minutes).I have found this resolution to be the quickest and easiest to fix the problem..

Actually it was the only one I tried and it worked ,,, so thank you mdinnercnet for finding a solution and letting me keep my hair

thanks

Collapse -
Answer
Have Tried All Fixes Listed Here Finally The Final Fix
by rterlecki / February 24, 2013 7:25 PM PST

I was having the same problem as listed here, when it would disconnect I would have to shut off and restart TV to be able to connect to share again.

Just had Brighthouse upgrade the internet service to my house to lightning 60GB down and 5GB up. They installed a new Motorola SBG6850 DOCIS 3.0 modem and now Allshare does not disconnect. I know this was the final fix because nothing else changed and it works now without disconnecting, played a 3 hour movie and it played perfectly.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.