Samsung forum

General discussion

All Share for Mac Users

by sdpmole / May 20, 2010 11:34 AM PDT

No allshare for mac users?

I've just bought a LN46c650 prior to this feature, cause I have 3 macs linked here. But the software is only Windows compatilble.

Should I have any hope for a mac os version?

Best regards,

Marcelo, a frustraded customer.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: All Share for Mac Users
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: All Share for Mac Users
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
F R U S T R A T E D !!!
by WillyMacUser / May 20, 2010 10:56 PM PDT

I'm another mac user (as million of people) and I just purchased my new 40" by samsung (an international tech brand..... I THOUGHT!) and when I tried to share my media with the tv (with allshare) I realised that it doesnt work! I finally purchased eyeconnect but it doesnt work as pc sharing manager (problems reproducing songs, no sync with itunes, no *.avi !!!! .... etc etc etc)......

Any news from samsung??? MAC SOFTWARE PLEASE!!!!!!! we are not in the 90's with microsoft monopoly!!!

Please I ASK FOR HELP FROM SAMSUNG....THIS IS NOT NORMAL. PLEASE!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, I'M SURE YOU WILL WORK ON IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Collapse -
All Share for Mac Users
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 21, 2010 10:31 AM PDT

sdpmole,

There are a number of Mac users here who have championed Serviio and a few of the other Mac server softwares that may work.

The PC Share software is only designed for PC/Windows at this time.

--HDTech

Collapse -
All Share + MAc + Serviio
by sdpmole / May 21, 2010 2:22 PM PDT

Ok. I installed Serviio in my mac but All Share cannot recognize it.

Does my mac have to be cable connected to to router or it can do it wireless - the way I'm trying.

Collapse -
I CANT BELIEVE...
by cbcmarcelo / June 23, 2010 10:08 PM PDT

I bought the samsung TV LE40C750 and I've installed the Serviio and it can't find the tv.
I can watch my films by VUZE. But sometimes, it stops I don't know why. (When I watch the videos by VUZE I can't pause, I can't play it forward, etc, etc. etc)
Samsung can not imagine HOW FRUSTRATE IS TO BUY SUCH AN EXPENSIVE TV and I can't use it properly.

We live in 21st century, please let's stop the Windows MONOPOLY.

Kindest regards,

A Frustrated Customer

Collapse -
apple users excluded
by bennyr_99 / January 28, 2012 3:24 PM PST

I think you have a great tv line, but since I'm a Mac user I almost couldn't enjoy the benefits of the all share feature from my tv because you don't have an application for iOS.
I had to download a third party app in order to use it.
It will be great if I could download the naive app from you. We Mac users would not be affected by your disputes with apple.

Collapse -
2012 and no all share for mac? shame...
by DiavoloRossonero / March 21, 2012 4:56 AM PDT

Ok, I see there are some options, even free ones, but I don't get why there isn't an all share for os x. Mac users are a nice and big community, and I think we need this.

Collapse -
Perhaps but...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 21, 2012 7:59 AM PDT

Linux communities say the same thing.

PC is supported, and that's all that is supported by Samsung.

You might, if you haven't already, look into Serviio - that's another Mac possibility.

They're out there, but we can't support every program and format on the market.

--HDTech

Collapse -
LOL...
by JayKyte / March 23, 2012 2:40 AM PDT
In reply to: Perhaps but...

but we can't support every program and format on the market.

--HDTech

lol...afterall , Apple is only the biggest company on the planet..

Collapse -
Perhaps... but...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 23, 2012 5:47 AM PDT
In reply to: LOL...
Collapse -
Easy, easy
by DiavoloRossonero / March 23, 2012 4:06 PM PDT
In reply to: Perhaps... but...

Come on, there's no reason to fight... HD Tech didn't took the decision to not support OS X, and I guess there's little he can do to change this. Linux, Win, OS X, just SO's, everyone has it's ups and downs. If Samsung doesn't want to give us a nice All Share, well, we Mac users are used to look in other places in order to find options.

When I got some time, I promise I'll post which option was best for me.

BTW sorry for my bad english Silly

Collapse -
Easy, easy
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 26, 2012 3:48 AM PDT
In reply to: Easy, easy

DiavoloRossonero -

I don't think anyone was giving me a hard time - I think it's a fair point, and people in the various communities often approach this.

DLNA being the standard, this shouldn't be too big of an issue if Mac programs on the market work with DLNA - but the caveat here is that it's not an issue that I can address on behalf of Samsung.

So in an unofficial capacity as an observer, other sharing programs do work with Macs. But Samsung can't help or provide software or updates or promises that it will work.

DLNA standards are included in such programs like Serviio, Twonky or TVersity, which are programs people use if they don't like the standard PC Share or AllShare options.

Now, the very important point I want to make on this is that the files must be encoded as listed in the chart of the Samsung manual, so that video codec, audio codec and resolution are ALL supported in the file. If not, the file would have to be re-encoded, or it will not work with ANY DLNA software.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Yes...because they've just crossed-over to Mac!
by Zeck / April 21, 2012 5:44 AM PDT

Yes...I still have a PC or two or three or four, but I'm not buying any more of them.

You may present all they studies you want, but folks don't want to have to maintain multiple computers.

I got a good deal on the Samsung receiver and didn't buy it for the AllShare. But, I'm disappointed to not have the capability. I bought an Apple TV, but it would be nice to use that in the bedroom and give complete control to the Samsung in the living room. Alas, what's going to happen is that I will put the Samsung in a less important room and buy a fully-functional theater receiver for the living room.

In reality, we have a company in bed with Microsoft and Google. I hear that Apple is getting into flat panels, so the complete home theater system can't be far behind. It's amazing what Apple products can do together, while the rest of the home and corporate electronics providers keep putting up protectionist barriers between each other. That's why Apple stock is breaking records!

Collapse -
Yes...because they've just crossed-over to Mac!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 25, 2012 6:41 AM PDT

Zeck -

I guess some might have crossed over, but the study didn't mention that. I was merely pointing out that the "biggest company in the world" still doesn't outdo the worldwide popularity and almost universal use of the Windows OS. I get the same argument from a very large Linux community too.

I find the argument that Apple's proprietary system is interestingly championed over "protectionist barriers" of other open source developers out there, but hey, to each his own. I don't bemoan the Apple TV owner - good for you for finding something you like.

Licenses and permission, not to mention content control, has been something I see a lot of complaints on, particularly from open source advocates. The consumer, ultimately, will vote with their wallet, and in my usual cheery way proclaim, "May the best win!". If Apple starts pulling in the numbers, the dynamic may change, but I have no idea on any of that insight. I just don't. I'm one guy, and I can't speak for two global companies. Happy

I really have no dog in this fight. I agree, as people use different systems, they will be supported in variable degrees by all manufacturers. We have docks for Apple products in some of our products - in some ways, we've done more "in bed with Apple" than most other CE companies, I would imagine.

But all that aside, other DLNA servers exist out there for the Mac platform, Serviio is one and others may also have one (Twonky, TVersity, et al) that is designed for Mac too, so I'm not sure why there's even an argument in this.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Mac Os User
by raindrops81 / April 26, 2012 8:27 PM PDT

So what do u suggest?? Buy a PC (Windows based) in order to use my Samsung Phone?
Samsung should have said that in the first place so i could choose something else? There is no way synchronizing my phone to my computer because is a Mac?

Collapse -
options
by ronf572 / June 22, 2012 2:21 AM PDT
In reply to: Mac Os User

PDAnet works with MAC and Windows and even LINUX.
use it to "sync" phone to whatever OS you use.
There are other option in MAC universe to support DLNA to devices.
Do a little more research Boxee comes to mind too.
Hope that helps your frustrations subside a little bit.
I'm still miffed about my favorite Creamware expensive soundcard wasn't supported by windows 2000 for 5 years let alone NT windows variants so MAC isn't alone in connectivity issues with edge hardware.

Collapse -
TVMOBiLi seems to be working
by redmonton / October 30, 2010 9:17 AM PDT

I've been looking for an AllShare alternative for Mac, to use with my new Samsung Blu-Ray player. Right now my best bet seems to be TVMOBiLi (http://www.tvmobili.com) -- totally free, and so far it's working fine. The bandwidth seems to choke a bit if I try transmitting 720p .mkv files, but standard-def .avi files play just fine. People with snappier wireless may do better.

The interface is a bit counterintuitive, but if you add your own directories under "Settings," you end up with a "Folders" choice on your Blu-Ray, and can navigate them normally.

I tried EyeConnect, which has a free 30-day trial ($49.99 thereafter). It didn't work consistently for me.

Collapse -
TVMOBiLI
by afranzy / February 29, 2012 10:02 AM PST

TVMobili, is not a secure way to go about streaming files.

Collapse -
Allshare for Mac Users
by moloko23 / June 26, 2011 8:48 PM PDT

I have tried pretty much everything from MediaLink to <span id="INSERTION_MARKER">Twonky and was getting really frustrated. They all seemed to work but I always go the same error message: "Codec not supported" or "File type not supported" or something along those lines. I used to use the bittorrent client Azureus, now Vuze. I found out it has a built in device playback feature, which worked straight off the bat. If you are still having problems, give Vuze a try.
<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">Hope this helps. Greetings,
<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">moloko23

Collapse -
Video Codecs
by afranzy / February 29, 2012 10:03 AM PST
In reply to: Allshare for Mac Users

sound like you need VLC it is free. plays everything ive ever ran through it. XLD for music

Collapse -
Allshare for Mac Users not working..
by jusmorton / March 4, 2012 6:36 PM PST
In reply to: Allshare for Mac Users

I am completely technically challenged and have recently bought the Samsung ua46D6400. I love the quality of the tv but am VERY frustrated in trying to use the Allshare feature (plus was mis-sold as was told could browse the web and use Skype but have now found out that not on this model). I have downloaded Vuze to my iMac and it can see the TV, the TV can see my iMac and the video file I uploaded (MP4 format which in the manual says should work) but I keep seeing error message "Codec not supported" when I try to play it. The file is not corrupt as it works on my iMac.

Collapse -
"The file is not corrupt as it works on my iMac."
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 5, 2012 5:29 AM PST

This TV is not an iMac so it can't decode that file.

Sorry but the area of decoding downloaded video files is a long discussion that you might find in this forum. I hope my shortest possible explanation helps you figure it out.
Bob

Collapse -
Plex
by hatchy007 / January 28, 2012 7:56 PM PST

For mac users - just use Plex
There's plenty of help over on the plex forums under samsung smart hub

Collapse -
DLNA Routers don't do anything if you don't have AllShare
by Zeck / April 21, 2012 6:11 AM PDT
In reply to: AllShare for Mac

I've got a DLNA router, but that's not the point. There is no AllShare for the Mac and you can DLNA all day long, but Samsung doesn't recognize the Mac without the software...and, no, I'm not going to pollute my Mac with 2 or 3 star apps with "works great when it works" kinds of reviews.

Samsung is in bed with Microsoft and Google, one for notebooks and the other for tablets. There's less to lose by not selling as many "Smart" (yeah, like the stupid Smart Cars) products to Mac owners, than there is to lose by the sweetheart deals with G&G (Gates and Google).

Collapse -
Pollute my Mac?
by illxander / May 6, 2012 5:35 PM PDT

Wow, as I sit here, with the same problem as you, posting this from my Mac I cannot believe you actually typed that. Samsung makes apps for the most popular OS first, then makes a mac variant. The problem is that most software for mac is limited unless it comes from mac, which is why your computer has an app store and there is so much less software available for it. The whole concept behind jobs vision was so that Apple would control Software and Hardware equally in order to not "Pollute your Mac" do be mad at samsung, be mad at Apple it is specifically set up so that we have to use the Apple branded Airplay. They do this on purpose dude. those of us who are enterprising, and a lot of times, multiplatform users just find ways around it. like I was doing when I found this post.

Collapse -
here's a quote for you.
by illxander / May 6, 2012 5:50 PM PDT
In reply to: Pollute my Mac?

"My hope is that companies realize that there are people who don't want to entirely live in an Apple world and have to purchase Airplay supported devices to share media and will continue to support the DLNA standard. If you're pondering a move towards an Apple TV, take a look as well as what a DLNA supported device like the LG BD590 will give you, too. Weighing all your options is always a good thing."

from here http://www.softwaresynergy.com/blog/index.php?p=797

I'm going to make this silly mac do what I want it to do. lol now, back to solving the problem.

Collapse -
Let's see how good you really are Samsung
by SammyMaci / June 4, 2012 12:37 PM PDT

Mac's are by far the best machines in today's world for computer use, and Samsung LED's are also very good, why is their no ability for the droves of Mac users to enjoy all the benefits of purchasing your product Samsung, when I go to a coffee shop, the majority of people are on Macs, not PC's Get with the times Samsung, let's see how fast you can correct this travesty. I will not buy your brand again if I am not satisfied with your response to this outcry.

Collapse -
Mac
by hotrats3 / June 5, 2012 12:47 AM PDT

I have been given I didnt even buy it a Samsung 5 Series

and like the Samsung phone I bought it is now not used and I will not buy any Samsung product.

The software issue is big corporation CAK and is doing Samsung nothing but harm.

Best pisture Iv seen on a tv and links with my sony BR perfectly but its now in my bedroom awaiting disposal

Collapse -
Mac
by cjw547 / June 9, 2012 8:21 PM PDT
In reply to: Mac

Actually I think it's a cunning plan by Samsung, buy an Apple product and it's guaranteed not to work with Samsung.

If anything this is doing Apple nothing but harm, at least if you bought a PC you could get around it but with Apple products your shafted. (I wonder if this has got anything to do with the fact Apple keep suing Samsung? Mischief )

I did have exactly the same problem with trying to connect a HP Media Server to the UE40D7000 and found out the problem was down to an incompatible version of DNLA that Samsung was using and thus only worked with certain software (aka AllShare, certainly didn't like Twonky)

Although on my D7000 Samsung have recently updated the software and it's now non-Allshare friendly, so you might want to check to see if any software you've tried has started working.

Collapse -
This old discussion.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 22, 2012 2:27 AM PDT

Is now closed.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.