Forum Announcement

Please don't panic! You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

Forum Feedback & Announcements

Praise

All I can say is WOW

by TWB404 / October 9, 2011 / 3:56 PM UTC

Most of the time, when one of my websites goes thru a face lift, I can go either way with the new look.

Gentlemen, I am impressed with this new look. It is easier to read and has a real pzazz to it. My compliments to all involved.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: All I can say is WOW
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: All I can say is WOW
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
im ok with it, but
by thegoldenstandard / October 9, 2011 / 4:17 PM UTC
In reply to: All I can say is WOW

im ok with it, but is there a way to post feedback about it? also, there should be some message about the new layout, at first i thought it was a phishing site!

Collapse -
Look in the header...
by John.Wilkinson / October 9, 2011 / 4:21 PM UTC
In reply to: im ok with it, but

There's a "What do you think of our new look?" link next to the search box on most pages (but oddly not here in the forums), so try visiting http://www.cnet.com and following that link.

Hope this helps,
John

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to fix a copy-and-paste error on 10/09/2011 at 4:22 PM PT

Collapse -
I have 4 CNET bookmarks
by TWB404 / October 9, 2011 / 4:27 PM UTC
In reply to: Look in the header...

I have CNET home, news, forums and download. I do not see the link in any of them. lol Did we find a bug.

Collapse -
You must disable AdBlock
by ReVeLaTeD / October 9, 2011 / 7:15 PM UTC

For those wondering, the link is from SurveyMonkey. That means if you're running any sort of adblocking software, it won't show up. You'll have to whitelist surveymonkey.com or disable AdBlock or whatever you're using for the link to show, then refresh the page.

Collapse -
I see the link in the header of this page
by Marc Bennett CNET staff/forum admin / October 9, 2011 / 5:28 PM UTC
In reply to: Look in the header...

You might have to do a shift+refresh to see it in your browser.

Collapse -
I take that back
by Marc Bennett CNET staff/forum admin / October 9, 2011 / 5:33 PM UTC

The link seems to appear and disappear with random page loads. You might be able to see it more consistently on the CNET front door:

Collapse -
Still not showing in FF
by TWB404 / October 9, 2011 / 5:51 PM UTC
In reply to: I take that back

I have FF 3.6 and no matter how many times I refresh it does not show. I saw Volvogirl post and thought I would try IE8. It does show up but the page does take a lot longer to load. No biggy to me, just pass it along that I like this new look.

Collapse -
agreed!
by deepen05 / October 9, 2011 / 6:06 PM UTC

The new redesign is awesome! I was shocked to see it tonight! great job by whoever thought of it!

Collapse -
blech
by lowenbrau212 / October 9, 2011 / 6:49 PM UTC

I now have eye cancer.

Collapse -
Logo..
by liftsifter / October 9, 2011 / 11:59 PM UTC

I don't see why we reverted back to the old c|net logo when the original was still beautiful.

Collapse -
Hard-to-read Headlines
by alchemistmatt / October 11, 2011 / 9:42 PM UTC

I don't like the new fonts; I was happy with the old ones. I particularly don't like the tall, narrow headlines. The font (in Chrome and IE9) is Proxima-Nova-extra-condensed, though that switches to alternate fonts if your system doesn't support it, specifically "Helvetica Neue Condensed Bold", "Arial Narrow", Helvetica, Arial, or sans-serif

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 45,842 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,052 discussions
icon
Tablets 1,149 discussions
icon
Security 28,606 discussions
icon
Home Audio and Video 18,995 discussions
icon