Speakeasy forum

Rant

Again with the blame the USA

by TONI H / May 3, 2013 9:18 PM PDT

for problems around the world.....

Costa Rica trip turns into a joke with protestors burning BO pics and US flags with signs all over claiming to hate the USA....so why are we giving these countries money?

BO goes to Mexico and actually says that the USA is to blame for the guns in Mexico, conveniently not mentioning Fast & Furious........and yet we are the biggest supplier of guns into Canada and Canada has nowhere near the issues with gun related deaths that Mexico has.

I'm so sick of this crap.......wasting taxpayer money sending it to countries that visibly hate our guts and nothing, except our money, to do with us....and blaming our country for their economic downfall when their own governments are giving their whole countries away to the people living there or stealing them blind via corruption.

Does Mexico even realize that they have over 50% of their population in poverty and the other half is corrupt or drug cartels? How is that our fault? After all, didn't many of our own companies MOVE there in order to put people to work in Mexico during all that 'good' trade treaty crap?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Again with the blame the USA
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Again with the blame the USA
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
the real question becomes;
by James Denison / May 4, 2013 12:10 AM PDT

Do these rabble rousing groups which show up to protest actually speak for the majority of the country, or are they just useless garbage mouths deserving a good slap in the face for being such impudent and ungrateful curs?

Collapse -
I just can't stand
by TONI H / May 4, 2013 12:41 AM PDT

the crap this Prez spews in his speeches, especially in other countries........if it's so freaking bad here, why are so many scrambling over the border, even illegally, or applying for visas all over the world in order to get here?

Collapse -
If Mexico is any indicator
by James Denison / May 4, 2013 6:14 AM PDT
In reply to: I just can't stand

it's still worse where they come from.

Collapse -
I feel your pain,it kind of makes my head hurt...
by Tony Holmes / May 4, 2013 7:52 PM PDT
In reply to: I just can't stand

looking at the history of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing,not to mention the ineptness and double talk.It's as if IQs suddenly dropped in '08.

I have questions about the Boston bombing I'd like to see answered,I can't be the only one who's thought of it either.

The Russians warned the FBI about the older dirtbag's terrorist ties in 2011.As a result,he was brought in and thoroughly interviewed,they found nothing wrong and let him go.At this point they must have had a file on him with name,addy and pictures and possibly of his younger brother also.

Right after the bombing we see the FBI post pictures of the "dirtbags",calling them suspects and asking for the public's help in identifying them.If you think about that,the FBI was asking the public's help to identify someone they already had a file on and knew where he lived!

I'm surprised nobody at the FBI looked at the picture and said:"hey we interviewed that guy 18 mos ago".

It boggles the mind.

Collapse -
I had not heard that Tamerlan Tsarnaev was interviewed by
by Ziks511 / May 5, 2013 11:40 PM PDT

the FBI. Are you sure about that? and do you have a link?

What I did hear was that the Russians informed the US, but then dried up as a source. Apparently they were looking for the US to supply all the intelligence that we had (apparently none) in return for the information that Tamerlan Tsarnaev might have links to Russian extremists. This is hardly what one would call hard intelligence, more like marshmallow intelligence trying to elicit a response. The US, not having any, didn't reply, and the Russians appear to have stopped asking.

And can we get some perspective on this issue. Tamerlan Tsarnaev made a bomb out of a pressure cooker and fireworks. While it is an IED, it is about the lamest IED in the history of IED's. It was most surely murder and an attempt at a terrorist attack, but it really doesn't compare to anything including the abortive first bombing of the World Trade Centre. These guys weren't connected to anybody important, or seemingly anybody at all except for some school friends. They may have derived motivation and bomb plans from the internet, but they're the Jerry Lewis of terrorists except for the 3 bereaved families and those gravely injured. which is most surely a terrible crime for which one has died and the other should spend the rest of his life in jail. The July 7th bus bombing in London England was a far worse incident and a far more potent explosive.

Because these people were so disconnected from any "Terrorist organization" the police and the FBI had no information on them. I think that catching them as quickly as they did was an example of very good police work, and should give people a sense of comfort that even so reclusive and hidden a pair as these were quickly caught.

The posting of the pictures took at least a couple of days after the bombing and the pictures were from security cameras. The first photos I saw were from above and didn't show faces.. Pictures were not immediately available, and it is clear that police didn't know who they were when the posted the pictures. When they got identification, they then posted Univeristy ID pictures, but I didn't see those until the day they were in the gunfight with the police during which Tamerlan was killed.

Rob

BTW who actually killed Tamerlan? Did police bullets do it, or did his brother Dzokhar by driving over him?

Collapse -
You are badly misinformed
by TONI H / May 6, 2013 12:38 AM PDT

by a liberal media that has actively covered this administration from any and all embarrassment.....

Not only did the FBI investigate and personal interview the elder bomber, but he and his mother were on a terrorist watch list. HLS got a 'ping' when he left for Russia in 2011 and the FBI investigation supposedly ended while he was still gone.....thus there was no re-entry 'ping' when he came back. However, he was still on that list and TSA didn't have his name on THEIR list so they allowed him to enter again without hassle.

As for the pictures......does it make ANY sense to you that the FBI would be circulating a a picture three days after the bombing asking for the PUBLIC to help ID him, when they actually HAD a file on the guy already and SOMEBODY in the FBI should have recognized him from a PERSONAL interview with him just a year and a half earlier????????

The autopsy/death certificate indicates death by 'multiple bullet wounds AND blunt force trauma'....I suspect the trauma was from his brother running him over and finishing him off because one cop who was interviewed said that he was the one who had tackled the elder to the ground, even with bullet wounds, so he was clearly still alive at that point......the car backed up at a high rate of speed and the cop rolled out of the way at the last second or he would have been run over as well.

As for the bomb itself......pressure cookers/canners are a common IED device in the Middle East....however, using the toy remotes was more sophisticated that a cellphone and the use of Vaseline isn't common knowledge and isn't made public on the internet, so some type of outside source training would be needed. And the latest intel is that after the elder was in Russia (a country they all fled from because they were afraid for their lives and sought political asylum here for that reason, so why would any of the family go back?) he traveled and made connections with other terrorists.....which is where 'we' believe he got that extra training for the bomb making. They weren't trying to bring down a building.....they were going for mass death numbers and larger maimings this time, which is the 'normal' target mentality for them.

Collapse -
Oh Toni, Toni, Toni
by Josh K / May 6, 2013 12:44 AM PDT

The "liberal media" did indeed report on all that. I don't watch Fox and yet I still knew about the FBI file on him. You really should stop constantly making that silly claim. You're always proven wrong. Always.

As for "why did the FBI need to enlist people's help identifying him," the FBI interviews a lot of people. When I was a bartender I'd have people come in and ask, "Remember me? I was here a year ago!" and I'd look around the crowded bar and reply, "Seriously?" They did indeed come up with his name, but apparently it took a little longer than you would have liked. From bombing to resolution took 4 days. That's not too bad considering those two could have been anywhere in the world by Friday.

Collapse -
Evidently poor Ziks
by TONI H / May 6, 2013 4:50 AM PDT
In reply to: Oh Toni, Toni, Toni

didn't know, even after all this time, that it was reported on here in the USA, now did he? He's the one who posted the opposite after all. Do YOU know what kind of coverage CANADA was giving that information?

Collapse -
But just months ago you were blaming Obama for Fast and
by Ziks511 / May 6, 2013 12:01 AM PDT

Furious. Now you're giving him a pass? I thought nothing that could be connected with him by the wildest illogic was off limits. You said then that US weapons were being handed to Narco-Trafficantes, so which is it? Additionally how big an Arms Industry does Mexico have? Don't all their arms come from outside, and the nearest outside producer would seem to be ... uh, give me a minute ... it begins with U.

**** Nixon when he was VP went to Venezuela and demonstrated as Lawrence Ferlinghetti wrote, "that everyone loves an American." with huge anti-American demonstrations.

People in the United States in the 1930's indulged in Anti-British demonstrations. Funnily there were no Anti-German demonstratons although a few Jewish organizations organized small Anti-Nazi ones. If you're perceived as the top dog, you're going to excite some animosity somewhere, and the US record in Guatemala, Nicaragua, Panama, El Salvador etc. isn't exactly admirable, meddling in their internal politics, and supporting the Contras who were a terrorist organization, and the Right Wing in El Salvador who were equally inclined to mass murder and terrorism, assuming you remember the 4 or 6 Mary Knoll sisters murdered by the Right Wing Death Squads there. Of course those same Death Squads insisted that the Mary Knoll sisters, and everyone else they killed were Communists. It's as if by invoking the C-word all intelligent thought in the US stops. Certainly Ronnie Alzheimer Ray-gun didn't mind the deaths assuming he remembered them, apparently taking them as justified and expelling Jimmy Carter's Ambassador to El Salvador for trying to raise the issue.

Rob

Collapse -
She's just mad that Costa Ricans are burning BO pics....
by Josh K / May 6, 2013 12:17 AM PDT

.....when she thought she had already burned them all herself. Wink

Collapse -
I see you ignored the point
by TONI H / May 6, 2013 12:41 AM PDT

of my comments, as usual.........why are we giving these countries that clearly don't like us, including THIS asskissing Prez, OUR money?

Collapse -
You well know.....
by Josh K / May 6, 2013 12:55 AM PDT

......that foreign aid to countries who may not like us did not begin with this president, and that there are many complicated reasons why we do it. I don't always like it either but it's not as simple as you're trying to make it sound.

Collapse -
This has been a common complaint
by James Denison / May 6, 2013 1:43 AM PDT
In reply to: You well know.....

throughout other administrations, however the current president is properly in line for it, since he is now the president. So, don't try and give him a pass simply because it went on in other administrations, unless you are claiming to support those administrations.

Collapse -
Unless he has initiated new policies....
by Josh K / May 6, 2013 2:14 AM PDT

.....he's just adhering to policies set by his predecessors. Don't give THEM a pass while condemning this one president.

Collapse -
Isn't he all about "Change"?
by James Denison / May 6, 2013 2:34 AM PDT

Change begins with who is sitting in the White House now, not with who is no longer there. I realize he thinks "the buck stopped elsewhere" but it's his job now.

Collapse -
Many of those aid agreements....
by Josh K / May 6, 2013 2:54 AM PDT

.....are set to last for x years. Obama couldn't change them if he wanted to; not legally anyway. If a Republican wins in 2016, let's see you start giving him/her a hard time over it.

Collapse -
Agreed that Congress
by James Denison / May 6, 2013 3:22 AM PDT

is the one that needs to do something about it, but do you think Obama would abide by what they passed? I suspect executive orders would be on the increase.

Collapse -
He would have to
by Josh K / May 6, 2013 3:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Agreed that Congress

If he didn't have to, then your original argument (and Toni's) might hold water.

Collapse -
As many times as this Prez
by TONI H / May 6, 2013 4:53 AM PDT
In reply to: He would have to

ignores laws he doesn't like or agree with, he could easily tell Congress, "hold off on releasing that money to X because I want it reviewed and possibly repealed". Do you have any idea how many people would actually cheer for him in the streets of the USA? (I wouldn't be one who physically would do it, but I would at least find SOMETHING to give him credit for finally)

Collapse -
"Ronnie Alzheimer Ray-Gun...

...assuming he remembered them?" Such insensitivity and hatred you show. I don't know if this kind of attitude needs to be shamed or pitied.

Collapse -
How do you figure I gave him a pass?
by TONI H / May 6, 2013 12:40 AM PDT

I'm saying that he blames the USA for the gun problems in Mexico, giving their drug lords not only the guns voluntarily via F&F but also giving those who cross the border the abilities to go back and forth freely and transport people, guns, and drugs.......but he never took responsibility for any of that in his speech.

Collapse -
The good Lord knows...
by grimgraphix / May 6, 2013 3:19 AM PDT

... you have to hate it when other countries practice Free Speech.

The thing is, I see Libertarians protesting all the time, but they aren't above taking public highways to get to the protest. lol

Toni, people take money when the US is handing it out, and if we are lucky, the people with influence are the ones who remember it when it comes time to give credit where credit is due.

Collapse -
what confusion you attempt to sow
by James Denison / May 6, 2013 3:27 AM PDT
In reply to: The good Lord knows...

You are comparing in country infrastructure, slandering Libertarians in error, and then comparing that to foreign aid? You are comparing spending funds in country instead of giving out of country? There is nothing analogous in anything you said.

Collapse -
Nonsense, James
by grimgraphix / May 9, 2013 7:17 PM PDT

Toni complained about giving money to a country where they dared to practice Free Speech in the form of protests. She appears to think that the countries we send money to, should crack down on the citizens who practice Free Speech.

We have people in our own country (the US) who protest our government too. They criticize government spending on public projects, yet make use of many of those same projects they complain about. My observation isn't slander... it's the plain truth. So should our government crack down on those protesters the way that Toni want's other governments to crack down on their own?

Reality is that our country buys good will from its allies. Our politicians purchase influence. They grease the palms that count. They BRIBE other countries' political and economic leaders. We are VERY blatant about doing it. If the political leaders of China did the same thing in our country, you (and Toni, and everyone else) would never shut up about it.

On the other hand, you folks never seem to complain about large corporations from other countries buying influence in the US.

Anyway, it is funny how some complain about citizens in other countries practicing a Freedom guaranteed in our country by the First Amendment. I wonder... would Toni like to see Costa Rico turn into a police state where people are kept in their place when it comes to public gatherings protesting the US? That does seem to be the message she is sending.

Collapse -
There is a difference
by TONI H / May 9, 2013 8:12 PM PDT
In reply to: Nonsense, James

between "free speech" and blatantly showing publicly how much those people hate us and yet paying them with our tax dollars to do so. Protests here are against our own government. Can you imagine the reaction from this Prez especially if when that whacked leader from Iran came here and protesters burnt his face and his flag in front of the UN or some university where he was publicly speaking out against the USA as he is encouraging terrorist action against us? How many of our own would be arrested for causing a disturbance? Hell, we don't even arrest our own when they are destroying property (OWS for instance) and making them pay for the damages they cause, while those in other countries are 'free' to protest against the USA yet are arrested and tried and imprisoned for years for protesting against their own government.

As for greasing the hands that count.......our country pawns that off to our taxpayers as 'humanitarian aid' and yet very little, if anything, ever gets to the people and they are the ones who count. Instead, it goes directly into the pockets of leaders who then encourage via propaganda to continue to hate the USA. No wonder their people hate us......they never see the actual benefit of liking us thanks to their dictatorship leaders.

Collapse -
Does that mean that you would object to a
by Diana Forum moderator / May 9, 2013 10:32 PM PDT
In reply to: There is a difference

peaceful protest in front of the UN against Iran or Sudan or Canada? Is that different from another country protesting our government? I would rather that happen than us paying brutal dictators that kill their own people for that which we do a lot.

Diana

Collapse -
I wish they'd move the UN
by James Denison / May 9, 2013 11:22 PM PDT

to Antarctica, since apparently nobody actually owns it. They can be happy down there trying to screw the world over and especially blaming the USA for everything.

Collapse -
How does "free speech"
by James Denison / May 9, 2013 11:21 PM PDT
In reply to: Nonsense, James

merit getting funds from us? What sort of idiots give money to those opposed to them? Oh, that's right, we are those idiots. Instead we should exercise our free speech and say "No dinero!" How often have you seen citizen protestors lining up afterwards to get free money to support their free speech from our government, since they aren't foreigners, but citizens. I never thought free speech meant a check from the govt whether you supported them or not, yet some seem to think free speech exercised in other countries should result in us rewarding them with OUR money.

Costa Rico can scream, shout, carry on all they want, but if they have that much extra time on their hands instead of using it working instead to improve their lot in life, then why should I or any other citizen of this or any country they wish to scream about give them even a dollar, much less millions?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.