Samsung forum

Again! Turn On Turn Off and it's the T-CON Board AGAIN

by BooSamSung / October 15, 2011 6:20 AM PDT

Bought my Samsung LN52A750R1FXZA late 2008. TV started the on/off problem in Aug 2010 but it would stay on. Eventually it went into the endless on/off loop and I had to unplug it.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Again! Turn On Turn Off and it's the T-CON Board AGAIN
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Again! Turn On Turn Off and it's the T-CON Board AGAIN
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Think about it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 16, 2011 12:24 AM PDT

The first one lasted years. The new board a few months. It sounds like your tech didn't find what was causing the tcon board to fail. I'm not a Samsung service tech so I have only my electronics design experience to draw on that your first tech didn't find the cause.

Collapse -
by BooSamSung / October 16, 2011 2:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Think about it.

Thanks for the reply. The t-con board was replaced in Aug 2010. It just went out again last week, so it lasted for over a year. I'm wondering if the capacitors could have caused it to go out earlier than it would have normally. I posted a picture of the capacitors. Only 2 of them look like they have a slight bulge.

Collapse -
Not to upset you.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 16, 2011 3:37 AM PDT
In reply to: .....

But there is only one criteria for those caps. "Perfection."

If you haven't done the BAD CAPS research it's found with google, what companies made them and we see them all over. If a tech does not change imperfect caps, I'd get them to or change techs.

Collapse -
by elitedata / October 20, 2011 6:02 AM PDT
In reply to: Not to upset you.

Qualified Samsung field engineers are only required to replace capacitors on affected model tvs that have been authorized by Samsung for replacement and if the capacitors visually appear faulty or if they fail a capacitance meter test.
If the capacitance value tolerance is within 5uF +/- for any electrolytic capacitor at room temperature, then it is acceptable and does not need to be replaced as temperature levels will affect and induce different capacitance levels when tested.

Collapse -
As an electronics designer I know what you are writing.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 20, 2011 7:16 AM PDT

But you can do much better by doing the BAD CAPS research. When you send technicians into the field you give them orders and the better ones are in a word "better."

The techs that only follow orders are cruising.

Collapse -
by elitedata / October 20, 2011 7:50 AM PDT

authorized technicians for Samsung have to follow the company service procedure rules set forth in the contract by Samsung or face contract termination.
while many authorized service technicians go above and beyond standard service for the customer, we cannot start replacing parts/components "just because" and especially without upper level approval.
every part/component ordered and/or replaced is tracked and accounted for by Samsung.
if a part/component is replaced that has nothing to do with the issue(s) at hand, the authorized service center may be responsible to pay the cost of the part(s) replaced.

Collapse -
Let's hope you get a better tech than that!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 20, 2011 7:57 AM PDT

There are great techs and there are ones that only follow orders.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.