Phones forum

General discussion

Advice for low usage phones / proider from an newbie

by gyatt712 / December 30, 2009 6:54 AM PST

I'm going to buy rwo phones and need to select provider for cell phone services. Since our usage is extremly low, maybe 15 calls per mo. each, I have thought about Tracfone. We will be using the phones out of state, and being able to access email would be nice but not essential at all. If I had another "it would be nice feature", it would be the ability to use a GPS program like Garmin Mobile. However, simple phone usage is sole requirement.

I am not too concerned about the cost of the phones, but I would like to keep the annual cost to a minimum. I would probably buy 2, 400 minute cards at $100 each that expire in 1 year, and with this phone purchase the minutes are doubled to 800 minutes. I think the 800 minutes per phone would be enough for an entire year of usage. The phone I am considering is the LG 290C at $50 each, but that may be an overkill for what we need.

Any comments or advice would be apprecaited. Thanks

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Advice for low usage phones / proider from an newbie
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Advice for low usage phones / proider from an newbie
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
TMobile
by fathermurphy / December 30, 2009 10:27 PM PST

In my experience, TMobile has the best prepaid service. Unless you need to use them out in the country where their service is thin, suggest you look there.

Collapse -
Page Plus cellular
by Pepe7 / December 31, 2009 12:44 AM PST

If required, you will have vastly better rural coverage using Page Plus for pre-paid cellular service. If you are in a major metro area T-Mo would probably be adequate- their prepaid is a very good service.

The good thing about Page Plus is you can bring in Verizon branded CDMA/EVDO phones, even smartphones with GPS, but not have to sign up for an additional data plan. Check out their site for more details-

http://www.pagepluscellular.com/

Collapse -
I've been using tracfone for several years.
by rview22 / December 31, 2009 7:46 AM PST

You probably don't have a Pamida around, but it's on sale for about $30 there. I saw it in store, and almost upgraded phones, but wanted to research first. Googling the words lg 290c review or something like that gets a few forum posts about it, it has limited bluetooth functionality as far as file transfer, tricky to get photos off, etc., but looks like the camera is decent, and seems to get decent reviews all around for a basic phone. They come with a little starter time and activation, so you can use them, maybe even return them, or ebay, and not be out much if you don't like it.

I have not been around other prepaid services, so can't comment. I like the about $9 per month with Tracfone for more minutes than I use, and the minutes roll over. You can look for promotional codes to add with the airtime cards. They are posted on various sites, with a year card, guessing you could find 150 plus free minutes (don't double, I think I got a bonus 200 last time). The last time I figured it out, just buying the year card and not cheaper "bulk" minutes, it was around 9 cents a minute (I think...).

Tracfone partners with the major cell carriers. This phone is a cdma phone, in my area that means Verizon (formerly Alltel), or US Cellular. Default activation in my area activates the phone on Verizon, I call in to "force" activate on US Cellular, as that tower is 18 miles closer to me. Their phone support..., stinks. I can barely understand them, but patience and persistence have gotten me through the very few times I've called. GSM phones are not available in my area, Viaero is the only other cell carrier, they are GSM and a roaming partner of AT&T I think. Tracfone GSM phones will roam here, so I think I could get a GSM phone, activate in a different zip/long distance, and it would work here. So if you have a choice of CDMA or GSM tracfones, you should be able to call in and activate them on a carrier that you want in the area. I don't know all of their partners, but you can look to them to determine the exact coverage.

Collapse -
Tracfone reviews
by Pepe7 / January 3, 2010 8:15 AM PST

I'd first read more of the online reviews of Tracfone service before diving in on that one. Way too many complaints to save two nickels IMNSHO.

That said, I understand everyone's situation is a bit different. It may work quite well for you. Customer service-wise though, Page Plus gets a lot more rave reviews by comparison.

Collapse -
re
by rview22 / January 3, 2010 9:48 AM PST
In reply to: Tracfone reviews

Pageplus does look promising, using the Verizon towers the way it looks. Their coverage map shows me in roaming. And their map just shows wherever there is a signal of any kind, not necessarily where there is usable service (as in areas that have less than 1 bar with any phone, in rural areas with no obstructions/trees or anything, where I live). I may look into it myself, but if it uses Verizon towers, there is no usable service here. If it roams to US Cellular, maybe.

And T-mobile doesn't service this area.

Like I said OP, I can only comment on Tracfone. I've used them for roughly 8 years. I have had 0 problems with the actual service, the phones I've gone through have worked every time I needed. The only times I have contacted phone support were to transfer unused minutes to new phones, or do non-automatic activation so that it would work better in my area. Their activation system goes by zipcode, not by where a person lives in a zipcode. So when a zipcode is 20+ miles across, it can make a difference which tower is used, and their system can't figure that out. The biggest problem was understanding them, got what I needed done every time. I've also gotten every email I've sent answered. A fair amount of the complaints I see are with transferring numbers, minutes, etc., there are many others, but we are talking about a large company here. If I were to go into a store, and buy a phone, I could go online, activate it, and be set up without having to speak to them, and it would most likely work. Bottom line, if you are just getting new phones, I wouldn't worry about it. You can activate them and not buy any minutes to start. I think you get 20 or so, you could do a little checking to see if they worked, if they didn't, take them back. I would look into Pageplus though, but like I said, I can't comment on their service.

Collapse -
TracFone
by DoctorTracFone / January 4, 2010 3:01 AM PST
Collapse -
YMMV
by Pepe7 / January 4, 2010 11:06 PM PST
In reply to: TracFone

I'd use such JD Powers/Consumer Reports ratings with a grain of salt. Simply because a particular brand (in this case, Net10/Tracfone) saturates the market well with their sales strategy does not mean it's the best option or service.

Collapse -
JD Power
by DoctorTracFone / January 4, 2010 11:10 PM PST
In reply to: YMMV

"Simply because a particular brand (in this case, Net10/Tracfone) saturates the market well with their sales strategy does not mean it's the best option or service."

So that's J.D. Powers' methodology?

LOL!

Collapse -
Your choice of user name...
by Pepe7 / January 5, 2010 3:59 AM PST
In reply to: JD Power

...proves my point to a certain degree.

For the record, Tracfone spends more $$ on marketing than Page Plus but doesn't offer the same amount of coverage, especially in rural areas. A lot of folks who wander about Wally World or their local convenience stores making quick choices for pre-paid service may only end up seeing the prominently displayed offerings from Tracfone and/or net10 and never find out about other options. Even Straight Talk isn't what it's cracked up to be.

Collapse -
rural coverage
by rview22 / January 6, 2010 12:40 AM PST

You seem to know a lot about Pageplus. I was wondering what they do differently as far as coverage in rural areas? I see their site says they use Verizon, it is the only carrier I see mentioned. I know for a fact that Tracfone also uses Verizon or US Cellular for cdma phones (maybe other companies too), and I think AT&T, maybe, possibly others for gsm phones. They activate automatically on a certain carrier depending on the type of phone, and the area (as I said before, I've force activated on their non-default carrier). What I'm getting at, is, if both Pageplus and Tracfone are activated on the Verizon towers, what is Pageplus doing to provide better rural coverage? I ask this from a rural area, where cell service is quite poor in most areas other than the main roads. By rural I mean 30 miles to a stoplight, and 70 miles to a Walmart. 15 miles for groceries only (no clothes or anything there). Pageplus shows me in a roaming area, the only cdma tower around is US Cellular, as I said Verizon's is further away. I get one bar signal from the US Cellular tower when I go outside in the open. I may have to contact them, because I am genuinely curious about their service.

If Tracfone has the best prepaid customer service, I'd hate to see the worst. Like I said, I've gotten what I've needed done, but it takes a LOT of time to do it (more than an hour usually). Most of the time is spent understanding what they are saying, or repeating very plain instructions and getting them to understand what you mean.

But as I've said, for my use, Tracfone is fine. I buy a year card, and never have to deal with adding minutes for a year, and it works. Anyway, I think the op has a little info here.

Collapse -
Page Plus=CDMA/EVDO, Tracfone=YMMV
by Pepe7 / January 6, 2010 3:05 AM PST
In reply to: rural coverage

Page Plus only uses CDMA/EVDO, and uses Verizon's footprint for primary coverage, partners for roaming. Verizon is well known, especially in the western U.S., for having superior non-urban coverage. Providing service in some areas where GSM still isn't present at all. Of course this may not apply where you live. It really depends on what your individual needs are in both handset/technology, coverage and services. Some trial and error will no doubt be involved, along with basic due diligence for anyone trying it out. "30 miles to a stoplight/15 miles for groceries" is really only speaking in general terms. Whether or not it will *actually* work truly depends on other factors that require one to test it out personally. Physical impediments affecting reception of radio waves such as topography or cell sites being down always factor in, along with roaming agreement changes that aren't updated on their maps in any one location (or multiple). You get the idea ;).

Unfortunately, Tracfone does not let you bring in your own handset since their service requires special software pre-loaded on the phone. In this sense you cannot bring in an unlocked GSM phone even though you had a perfectly good one laying around. Page Plus is more flexible in this regard since you could pick up your friends used Verizon branded CDMA/EVDO windows smartphone and simply activate it on the network w/o any special software. You avoid the data plan this way too.

Collapse -
Thanks for all the information
by gyatt712 / January 6, 2010 5:50 AM PST

All the comments were very helpful and welcomed. I had no idea of the depth of the subject.

In addition to the phone that I inquired about for my wife, I have my own Motorola V3M Razr(EVDO)phone with Verizon, and I'm also considering switching to a more economical alternative due to my low usage. Am I to understand that I could retain my existing phone and buy a Page Plus card and have Page Plus activate my existing phone? It's not that I'm too cheap to buy another phone, but if I could retain my contacts it would be great. Would the contacts remain on the phone?

I am rural, but Verizon has contracted to put up a tower about 3/4 of a mile away. I also only use the phone rarely and I'm looking to reduce my monthy cost which is not too bad at $34.20/ mo. including tax.

Collapse -
Yes and yes ;)
by Pepe7 / January 6, 2010 10:32 AM PST

Activating on page plus shouldn't affect the phone data you already have stored. That said, it's always prudent to back up such info for emergencies. Especially if it's an extensive list that you would otherwise have to re-enter.

There should be motorola software that came with the phone (or is downloadable) for offline backup. Unless that is Verizon has restricted that capability with their carrier ROM.

Collapse -
Jitterbug
by jb2wheeler / January 8, 2010 9:08 AM PST
In reply to: Yes and yes ;)

I bought a Jitterbug phone and love it. The only problem was they advetised the phone for a set price, I think it was something like 2 or 3 hundred, and a certian amount for a year's service, I think it may have veen a hundred or $125 cant remember. Anyway after a year or 2 they forced me to pay just under $15 a month. That ticks me off. JB2wheeler

Collapse -
2 or 300 for the handset?
by Pepe7 / January 9, 2010 4:40 AM PST
In reply to: Jitterbug

Wow, did they take you to the cleaners(!)

Collapse -
Take a look at Virgin Mobile
by charleswsheets / January 8, 2010 11:06 AM PST

Hi there. It's been an interesting saga to watch the evolution of cell phones over the past 5 years. My first cell phone was what they called a "Bag Phone" because you had to carry it around in a bag to accommodate the giant battery used to power it. Thank goodness things have come a long way.

When I moved to California 5 1/2 years ago, I had a need for a cell phone to manage things while I was on the road. I didn't have a lot of money so I looked for the best deal I could find. I ended up buying a phone from Virgin Mobile on a prepaid plan. After a month or two, they offered me a deal I couldn't refuse. This is the same plan that I'm on now - over 5 years later (with the same phone)!!!

Basically, I paid about $40 bucks for the phone (they have a lot of different choices now), and I authorized them to charge my credit card $15.00 every three months. That's $5.00 per month. Any amount I don't use rolls over forever. The charges are a little higher than the others but I don't use my cell phone much so it didn't matter. They charge 25 cents per minute for the first 10 minutes of use each day. After you've used your first 10 minutes the rate drops to 10 cents per minute. Since I don't talk on the cell phone very much, after 5 years I have a rollover balance of over $100.00.

This means that if you made a call every day for 10 minutes you'd end up paying $912.50 per year, so it's not a frequent caller kind of plan. You say you make about 15 calls per month. Depending on how long you talk (let's say 5 minutes per call) your monthly cost would run around $18.75. Using your 800 annual minute example, that would give you about 67 minutes per month. With the Virgin Mobile plan that would run around $16.67 per month for 800 minutes annually.

This has been an excellent plan for me. I realize that it wouldn't work for everyone, but that's why there are different plans. They also have a wide variety of phones within your stated price range.

Hope this helps.

Collapse -
Bag phones.
by rview22 / January 8, 2010 11:29 AM PST

Up until a couple years ago, they were still common around here. People got rid of them mainly because they shut off analog, and also because there were no deals on them when signing up for new plans. They had more power, and worked in more places. Those flip phones simply don't work very well in actual rural places (as in where I live and go, sparse population, and spotty cell towers only covering main driving routes and not the rural communities away from the roads). I stopped using mine because of tracfone, much cheaper, and my first one was a Nokia that I could plug an external antenna into. Didn't work as well, but ok. Still many areas with no service.

On a side note, I wrote Pageplus sales 48 hours ago, and have received no response of any kind. Tracfone has them beat in email service so far, never more than a day (for me).

Collapse -
Use telephone for best response time
by Pepe7 / January 9, 2010 1:31 AM PST
In reply to: Bag phones.

Email is always the slowest route. Call their WATS line.

Collapse -
9. Advice for low usage phones and provider from an newbie
by JOHN-E WHITE-III / January 8, 2010 11:53 AM PST

I've "done my homework"!!! TracFone seems to be the best deal around.The phone costs between $10. USD and $25.USD, epending on how new and tech. avanced of a one tou buy---I have one which I purchased online from Wal-Mart at a discounted $9.05 + tax,with free s+h with Wallyworlds "Site to Store" online purchase policy. Bought it as I thought my battery was "kaput"---E-BAY,AMAZON, et.al.price for another battery ranged from $7.50 USD (USED) to a high of $45.USD new. Turns out it was the charger that was not properly functioning!!! DO NOT PURCHASE THE BIG DOLLAR "T-F" MINUTE CAED----BECAUSE AS YOU INDICATED,YOU HAVE A "LOW MONTHLY USAGE" PATTERN----INSTEAD, I URGE YOU TO CONSIDER PURCHASING THE ONE-TIME DOUBLE YOUR MINUTES "CAR AUTHORIZATION WAS PREVIOUSLY ( 2 YEARS AGO) ABOUT #50.US---BUT I THINK IT'S NOW ABOUT $29.USD---IT WILL LAST AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT ALLOW YOUR COVERAGE TO "LAPSE"!!!! YOU THEN, PURCHASE MINUTES EVERY 90 DAYS,AND ALL UNUSED MINUTES ( ACTUALLY "UNITS") "CARRY-OVER"---WITH A 60 MINUTE "T-F" CARD at #19.95 ( = $20.USD + change),YOU'LL HAVE IT DOUBLED TO 120 UNITS---BUYING THE ONE-TIME "DOUBLER" ,AND THE LOWEST BUYABLE 60 UNITS, USUALLY LEAVES ME WITH BETWEEN 140 and 299UNITS AFTER THE DOUBLING OF THE 60 UNITS----MUCH BETTER DEAL TO "BUY 'EM AS YOU USE 'EM " THAT TO BUY THEIR 3 MONTH PLAN WHICH THEY KEEP TRYING TO GRT ME TO GET----P.S.---THAT $10.USD COMPLETE "T-F' WALLYWORLD DEAL ALSO INCLUDED A NEW BATTERY, A NEW CHARGER, AND, AN EXACT REPLACEMENT FOR MY OLDER "V170" MODEL WHICH SUITS MY NEEDS VERY NICELY = A RARE SMS MESSAGE SENT ,OR RECEIVED, AND AWAY FROM HOME ( IN THE CAR) COMMUNICATIONS ---AFTER 3 YEARS, THE D one time charge for the DOUBLE YOU TIME UNITS HAS PAID FOR ITSELF nearly three times over----BY THE WAY, I STILL HAVE THE NEW COMPLETE "V-170" SITTING IN YHE BOX, MINUS THE BATTERY CHARGER----THE ONLY "DOWN SIDE" OF "T-F' IS THAT YOU CAN NOT TRANSFER DATA CONTENTS TO ANOTHER PHONE---BECAUSE IT IS "INTERNAL MEMORY" WITHOUT A "SIM CARD"---PLEASE FEEL FREE TO REFERENCE MY YAHOO! PROFILE UNDER THE HANDLE OF < LONG-JOHN > /S/ JOHN E. WHITE-III

Collapse -
(NT) Great tips, but turn off the caps please, brother ;) (n/t)
by Pepe7 / January 9, 2010 4:42 AM PST
Collapse -
John - please clarify
by gyatt712 / January 9, 2010 11:51 PM PST

Part of your response was, "INSTEAD, I URGE YOU TO CONSIDER PURCHASING THE ONE-TIME DOUBLE YOUR MINUTES "CAR AUTHORIZATION WAS PREVIOUSLY ( 2 YEARS AGO) ABOUT #50.US---BUT I THINK IT'S NOW ABOUT $29.USD---IT WILL LAST AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT ALLOW YOUR COVERAGE TO "LAPSE"!!!! YOU THEN, PURCHASE MINUTES EVERY 90 DAYS,AND ALL UNUSED MINUTES ( ACTUALLY "UNITS") "CARRY-OVER"---WITH A 60 MINUTE "T-F" CARD at #19.95 ( = $20.USD + change),YOU'LL HAVE IT DOUBLED TO 120 UNITS---BUYING THE ONE-TIME "DOUBLER" ,AND THE LOWEST BUYABLE 60 UNITS, USUALLY LEAVES ME WITH BETWEEN 140 and 299UNITS AFTER THE DOUBLING OF THE 60 UNITS"

Would I need to buy this card even though the phone comes with life time double minutes? I'm not clear on what allows you to carry over the minutes. Your plan sounds like it would be prefect for my wife, and now I just have to make sure I understand everything I know. LOL
(BTW, I had difficulty contacting you via Yahoo.)

Collapse -
double
by rview22 / January 10, 2010 12:00 AM PST
In reply to: John - please clarify

If the phone comes with double minutes, you don't need to buy a double minute card. And the minutes always carry over as long as you add more before the time is up. So if you buy a year card, and buy a card of any kind right before the year is up, the minutes will carry over for as long as the new card (another year, 3 months, depending which card you buy, of course). And the minutes will carry over the next time too, etc. The date your service expires, when you need to add minutes by, is listed on the phone.

Collapse -
John - please clarify - New!
by JOHN-E WHITE-III / January 10, 2010 2:09 AM PST
In reply to: John - please clarify

Sorry I Did Not make myself clear( PS-MY "D" KEY STICKS ON MY PC KEYBOARD)--- The TracFone "Double Your Minutes" is a separate purchase (a one time purchase , if you do not allow your PURCHASED AMOUNT OF UNIT-service to "lapse" = "go beyond each its' 3-month expiration date") that goes WITH each the 60,or 120 units which you purchase,every 90 days ( NOT EVERY 3 MONTHS, but "every 90 DAYS")---those, 60,or 120 units, are doubled because of the "DOUBLER" ----BECAUSE I,LIKE YOU, AM NOT A "CHATTY CATHY",WITH MY CELL PHONE,AN AM A LOW USAGE USER------- THEY, "TF", DO TRY TO GET YOU TO BUY A 3 MONTH SERVICE FOR AROUND $30.USD FOR 90 DAYS----BUT, FOR ME,WHY WASTE / "BLOW" AWAY ANOTHER EXTRA $10.USD EVERY QUARTER (roughly = 4 times $10.USD---per year...INSTEAD, EVERY QUARTER, I ONLY PAY $20.USD for each 60 unit set for 90 day coverage --the 60 unit set are doubled to 120 units each time (every 90 days) that I must "renew/re-up"----THE 60,0r 120 UNIT PURCHASES "EXPIRE" AFTER 90 DAYS ,so my way equals: 4 x 20=$80.USD VERSUS 4 x $30.-------PS ---TWO PREVIOUS TYPOS---THE DOUBLER WAS OFFERED AT $29.95 AT WALMART .I MISTYPED A "0",INSTEAD of a "9",I paid $9.95 for the complete "V190" TF kit-----TWO REASONS THAT YOU MAY WISH TO PURCHASE THE SMALLER TIME UNITS,VERSUS THE LARGER UNIT AMOUNTS,OR "YEARLY" OPTION---IF YOU LOSE YOUR PHONE, IT BECOMES DAMAGED,,YOU DO NOT SUFFER A COMPLETE MUCH LARGER LOSS OF YOUR UNUSED TIME UNITS ----YOU WILL,HOWEVER, LOSE THE "DOUBLER" "SIDE PURCHASE" OPTION FOR ONCE BOUGHT, IT "BELONGS"="IS ASSIGNED", TO THAT PARTICULAR CELL,PHONE,AND WILL ONLY BE LOST IF YOU "LAPSE-OUT" YOUR COVERAGE FOR THAT PARTICULAR CELL PHONE BY EXPIRING YOU SERVICE COVERAGE DUE TO FAILURE TO PURCHASE MORE UNITS PRIOR TO THE CURRENT 90 DAY EXPIRATION DATE ( WHICH WILL HAPPEN IF YOU LOSE IT, OR, IT IS DAMAGED BEYOND USABILITY---YOU ,OF COURSE WOULD NOT BUT MORE UNITS FOR A PHONE WHICH DOES NOT FUNCTION,WOULD YOU???) !!!!---I ORIGINALLY PURCHASED THAT ORIGINAL TF ABOUT 4 1/2 YEARS AGO FOR MY NEPHEW BEFORE I WENT TO EUROPE TO LIVE FOR 3 1/2 YEARS---HIS G/F BOUGHT HIM A "FANCIER", MULTI-FUNTIONING ONE, I RETURNED, AND RE-ACTIVATED IT 3 1/2 YEARS AGO,AND AM STILL USING IT TODAY!!!!( BOUGHT A FULL "V190" KIT AT REDUCED $9.95, or $9.99??? from WALLYWORLD---BAD CHARGER,NOT BAD BATTERY !!!) ----FOR ME,THE "DOUBLER" WAS A SEPARATE PURCHASE,FROM EACH OF THE TIME SERVICE UNIT PURCHASES WHICH I MUST BUY EVERY 90 DAYS---- HOPE THAT "EXPANDED" RESPONSE CLARIFIES THE ISSUESFOR YOU---jewiii

Collapse -
John - please clarify - New! - New!
by JOHN-E WHITE-III / January 10, 2010 2:29 AM PST

WHEN I ORIGINALLY PURCHASED THE V190 TRACFONE, THE "DOUBLE YOUR MINUTES" DID NOT COME AS A "SWEETENER" WITH THE CELL PHONE---I HAD TO BUY IT----IF YOUR PURCHASE INCLUDES "DOUBLING" --FANTASTIC !!!,AM HAPPY FOR YOU !!!!----HOWEVER MINE DID NOT, I WAS NOT ,THEN, OFFERED IT AS SAME, "FOR FREE".----BALANCE OUT YOUR OPTIONS-----PROJECT OUT YOUR TOTAL ANNUAL COSTS---AND, OF COURSE, TAKE THE BEST DEAL WHICH YOU MAY SELECT---- I AM WELL PLEASED "WITH MY SET-UP"!!! ---as I said," I've done MY homework !!!" jewiii PS I THEN =ORIGINALLY HAD TO PAY $49.USD, NOW OFFERED AT $29.95, ( or maybe, free to you---I didn't fully understand if it was,somehow, offered free to you)---AND, IF RECOLLECTION, SERVES ME CORRECTLY,ORIGINALLY I PAID, EITHER $39.99,or $49.99, FOR THE FIRST "V190" NEARLY 5 YEARS AGO----PRICES SURELY HAVE DROPPED FOR THIS ITEM----I STILL DOT NOT NEED MORE FEATURES THAN PORTABLE PHONABILITY AWAY FROM HOME, AND AN OCCASIONAL SMS...IT ,"TF", SERVES ME YERY WELL !!!

Collapse -
T-Mobile
by john55440 / January 10, 2010 2:37 AM PST

I have T-Mobile Pay-As-You-Go Prepaid, and it is an excellent value.

I live in a city that has excellent T-Mobile coverage, and don't travel much.

Coverage in your cities of choice may be different.

Collapse -
And...
by Pepe7 / January 10, 2010 1:57 PM PST
In reply to: T-Mobile

...this has already been mentioned in the thread.

Collapse -
"Coverage in your cities of choice may be different."
by rview22 / January 10, 2010 10:33 PM PST
In reply to: T-Mobile

What about non-cities??? People live there you know, if they didn't, city guys like you wouldn't have any food!

j/k (pet peeve of mine though the way some people ignore "us", as in most people, it seems)

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.