How To forum

Question

Adobe flash player keeps crashing often on my chrome browser

by vije_ray / September 6, 2012 1:41 PM PDT

Does it have to do anything with the configuration?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Adobe flash player keeps crashing often on my chrome browser
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Adobe flash player keeps crashing often on my chrome browser
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Most common? Disable hardware acceleration and use other
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 7, 2012 2:23 AM PDT

But first, yes it can have something to do with your PC configuration. Adobe's choice to use hardware acceleration is exposing issues in video drivers and sometimes the PC itself. Everyday users appear to be flummoxed over this one.

Try this on google (plenty of articles to choose from) -> Disable Hardware Acceleration in Chrome.

Bob

Collapse -
Thank You
by vije_ray / September 8, 2012 2:52 PM PDT

Will try that and let you know bye take care

Collapse -
Answer
Chrome and Adobe Flash, like mixing oil and water
by rf2ooo / September 7, 2012 12:09 PM PDT

Google Chrome's design and the way it handles flash streams is the cause although it can also be the settings as Bob mentioned as well. Chrome creates multiple connections at the same time for each new tab you open and can be seen if you have Comodo Firewall by clicking on "View Active Connections". As chrome creates these connections, it will chew through your memory resources extremely quickly and eventually if you have Chrome open for extended amounts of time, the Flash Plug-In will crash.

I recommend Mozilla Firefox as a great alternative to Google Chrome, you can pretty much kiss those "flash-crash" screens goodbye as Mozilla rarely has issues with flash streams.

Grin

Collapse -
Thank You
by vije_ray / September 8, 2012 2:59 PM PDT

Thanks for the additional info. Was very helpful. I will try what Bob(if I am allowed first name terms) suggested. I use the AVG antivirus, I found Commodo Dragon a bit of a problem, It slows down my system loading. Probably too thorough. I use XP pro. Even though in another partition I have windows 7 Ultimate I found too slow for my liking, I felt it only LOOKS good, my son disagrees by the way lol.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.